Write peoples, write!

Shigemitze - Heavens Tear
Shigemitze - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
Heya =)
I was looking for any kind of thread that might ask the users to show their writing talent (in poetic/prosaic way), and I didn't find any. b:puzzled
So, I decided to open this thread. b:victory I'd love to see how PWI users can express themselves. The board is all yours! =)

Here is some stuff I wrote.

Magic

The lack of voice has done it's job:
My pen shivers, throws up with me.

I call you into the Moon.
ZAP!
You're gone...

Frigid death

Steps on a dream: hit me!
Requests denied - you're lying torn
As the witnesses laugh...

Steps on a dream: the blood is slippery.
Children's trivia - Where is your body?
The jury cries...

Steps on a dream: the trail of naked feet.
Your body collapsed - the death scenario.
Let me judge you: break your fingers...

P.S. These short lyrics were not written on English language, but I tried to translate them as correct as possible.
P.P.S. Subject/genre/type of writings, are free to choose from. ;D
P.P.P.S. Yes, I do have a strange taste. b:surrender
Words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
The lives we make never seem to ever get us anywhere but dead...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sig made by Semyezza b:victory
Post edited by Shigemitze - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• KumoriChan - Heavens Tear
    KumoriChan - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    *yaay for Shig* o.o

Wie ein Smetterling,
    flieg' ich duerch die Luft.
    Tag fuer Tag hinaus,
    das ist meine Sucht.

Man kann von allem fliehen
    in die Ferne aus.
    Wieso mach ich das?
    Ich will hier raus!

Menschen sehen
    die andauernd verzweifelnm
    Dinge tun,
    und in stille leiden.

Deshalb will ich fliegen
    und so tun,
    als haette das alles hier
    garnicht gegeben.

Was ist die Freiheit
    in grossen mengen?
    Das ist Hasch
    gekauft hier um die Ecke.

// sadly, I won't translate it into English.
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yaay for Kumi and Shig! ._.

I have a story I once made up for a guildie as a bed time story:

Me: Once upon a time there was a pie. I ate it. The end.
    Trip: Now with monsters and goblins.
    Me: Once upon a time there was a pie. I ate it. There were also monsters and goblins. The end.
    Trip: Now with ninjas.
    Me: Once upon a time there was a pie. I ninja-ate it. Plus monsters and goblins, the end.
    Trip: Did they live happily ever after?
    Me: No. They died shortly after I ate the pie.
    Trip: What about a cowboy? Was there a cowboy?
    Me: No. And if there was, he died shortly after I ate the pie.
    Trip: You're no fun.
    Me: You died shortly after I ate the pie too. So shut up.
    Trip: You're mean.
    Me: I know, my genes were manipulated when I was a foetus so that I would grow up to be mean to everyone I saw.

And then I went to bed. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • Shigemitze - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Now dass wattah layk!! 8)
    GO GO GO!! Keep it up! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • squirtlesquad
    squirtlesquad Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yaay for Kumi and Shig! ._.

I have a story I once made up for a guildie as a bed time story:

Me: Once upon a time there was a pie. I ate it. The end.
    Trip: Now with monsters and goblins.
    Me: Once upon a time there was a pie. I ate it. There were also monsters and goblins. The end.
    Trip: Now with ninjas.
    Me: Once upon a time there was a pie. I ninja-ate it. Plus monsters and goblins, the end.
    Trip: Did they live happily ever after?
    Me: No. They died shortly after I ate the pie.
    Trip: What about a cowboy? Was there a cowboy?
    Me: No. And if there was, he died shortly after I ate the pie.
    Trip: You're no fun.
    Me: You died shortly after I ate the pie too. So shut up.
    Trip: You're mean.
    Me: I know, my genes were manipulated when I was a foetus so that I would grow up to be mean to everyone I saw.

And then I went to bed. =]

*claps*
    I like it.
    edited April 2009
    Eih.... No one wants to write now? I thought some of the forum visitors would be thrilled, but eh...
    P.S. Write dammeet!!! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Legend of the X

In the vast world of Perfect World, one person has destined to come into the world and save it from destruction. No one knows his name (or her), but they do recognize the X marked by such a legend.... So I, Craftsman Fu(censored), will take the tale of the legendary X. The one who started it all....

On a quiet day on the outskirts of Plume City, a short breeze blew upon the city. No one noticed a thing, but it says that the clouds rain when this breeze was brought upon the city. A being with 2 wings flew out of the wind. His name was lost in history, but legends tell of the X which marked his legacy. To my amazement, the clouds seems to form a spirit link with the wind when the very breeze blew upon Plume City. I can feel it, as if the something out of this world came upon us.... I don't know whether to dread it or to fear it..

It was not until weeks later that I was quickly crafting some ornaments which suddenly approached by a random Elf Cleric. His presence was somewhat scary, pink long hair like a sage and white lips like the lotus. He did his business and manufactured 8 ornaments, ah, nothing amazing right? But after he left, a short breeze blew upon Lost City... And many winds all rained upon our City. I can feel it, something is in the air... It's too bad I can't leave my position by the order of our Elder. I wish an adventure to seek him out, what is that strange young man?...But sighs.... these days, I can only stay in the city for fear of the wraiths... May that young man was a dream, who knows, but the breeze is real.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Koyote - Harshlands
    Koyote - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Corny poem coming right upb:laughb:victoryb:

The cleric

I seek no fortune and no fame
    The darkest forces in the world
    That came so fast to take your life
    And buried your soul in strife
    I slayed them and all were hurled
    In the abyss from where the came.

I saw you lay dead on the plain
    I brought you back to life for free
    Then gave you healing and new hope
    More power than your soul can cope
    And wanted you to come with me
    To get to safety once again.

But all of this was, sadly, in vain
    Because your heart is full of rot
    You killed me and left me in the sand
    After I've lent my helping hand
    This was the bitter thanks i got
    I seeked no fortune and no fame... only to help.

So sad.b:sad Dont pk clerics after they help you.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Koyote - Wizardhunter of Harshlandsb:pleased. (I hate wizardsb:angry)
  • dachs
    dachs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hmm ... well, here some...thing ...

The blue seats in the sun. Nobody sat there, and he, still half asleep, looked straight out of the window.
    The cars passed. The yellow lines on the street passed, and the houses. And the hills. The only thing that stayed was the sky, and he slipped back into sleep and a mix of light blue and green and the noise of the highway.

---

Driving home at about 12:30 AM and the coffee smells just fine. Talking about a monkey in your eye and variations of Nirvana.
    Can you put up posters in there?
    "Er ist ganz nah. Nun leuchte frisch,
    Er ist neugierig wie ein Fisch;" - random quote from Goethe's Faust II.
  • Zosai - Harshlands
    Zosai - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    the cats in the cradle and the silverspoon
    little boy blue and the man on the moon
    when ya comin home daddy,i dont know when
    but we'll be together then, son
    I know we'll have a good time then.

its not mine, but its beautiful <---- bad spelling i think.
    edited April 2009
    b:victory Yaaay, for everyone that posted!
    P.S. Great one dachs! =O
    P.P.S. Yaaaaaay, Cats in the cradle! *sings*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dachs
    edited April 2009
    Thanks. b:victory
    What's the original language of your, well ... I don't know if it's right to call it "poem"?
    And, by the way, by whom is the song with the cats ...? I always wanted to know but was too lazy to look for it ... b:surrender
  • Saomuel - Dreamweaver
    Saomuel - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The roses are red
    The sky is blue
    Many poems rhyme
    But not this one.

b:pleased
    edited April 2009
    My original language is Serbian, and I'm not sure either if "poem" is the right thing to say. b:surrender
    And the song Cats in the cradle is from the band named Ugly Kid Joe, but I think that's the cover, so I'm not sure who's the original performer.
    P.S. Saomuel.... b:victoryb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dachs
    edited April 2009
    Another question: What exactly do you mean by "steps on a dream"? I think it sounds good - especially the repetition - but I don't get the exact meaning ... b:sad

I know a quite similar song by Gordon Lightfoot, but some songs sound the same, and I think the lyrics were a bit different? b:pleased

So here's another one:

Such peaceful afternoons. Nothing to watch, nothing to do. Listening to distant piano practises and some cars going by. Just waste your time, knowing it will never come back, and with no sadness looking at soon past and incoming future.
    You know you'll be washing dishes in the evening.

* edit due to mistakes*
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sorry for mistakes - English is not my first language

"...We have information about increased wraith activity in northern part of swamp. Go and see
    what you can do to reduce their numbers. Report back after 40 kills!"

Old Bear saluted to the officer in charge and went to his stallion Khamsin.
    He knew that on the next day there will be a many wraiths as there is today. Mission was
    simply to prevent the scenario of having to fight double as much tomorrow.

The air was moist and warm as he rode outside from the gates of Whetstone Keep. A fort built by humans to monitor wraith activity in the swamp.
    He forced his horse slowly to the gallop. Horses of Outremer loved speed. They needed no spurt to remind them that running fast is fun and speed is intoxicating.

Soon a familiar pond appreared to the sight. He climbed down from horse patted his neck and said with calm melodic voice "see you soon, Khamsin!"
    From there on horse was on his own but still ready to answer his masters long whistle.

Footsteps in water.
    Instead of herds of fully armored foot soldiers or knights on
    horses he was facing a breathtakingly beautiful woman through blue in color but her face and clothes, even the way she moved was breathtakingly elegant - worthy of princess of most noble realm. Old Bear raised his sword for attack. Their eyes met.

Her eyes were absolutely cool burningly icy and full of hate. and then water started to rose up around her forming a watersprout around her.

Old Bears lips were moving as he draw a shape of shield into the air in front of her.Blade, once barely glistening emitted now bright golden gloom.
    A shockwave bursted from sword tip paralyzing her totally. only her eyes sparkled on like sharp edged diamonds ready to pierce the beating heart of her now most hated mortal enemy.

Thats when first slash hit her. First of many...

She was lying in water face up black blood slowly dripping from her half-opened mouth. Perfect princess of the dead now becoming one of them again, at peace with them and living again. Her dress torn, tiara hit loose from her hair, once sparkling diamond eyes now blank and empty.
    She was the 40th. Old Bear washed his hands in the same pond water, watching water going dark brown around his hands.
    She was 40th of this morning but he never really knew how many he has slain in total. If he would've kept count on them as some young cadets like to do he'd lost the last of the sleep he still had.

The swamp was quiet again. There's now way he could ever tell about his feelings to anyone. It was just wrong. So wrong that he sometimes thought let them have their way. let the swamp waters form a twister around me... suffocating me with brown water. They have every right to kill me... and then - into long and well earned peace. But another thought quickly overtook
    Not yet! I'm not ready to go like this. I still want to live! I'd...kill to live, to breathe!

He whistled loudly and in few seconds Khamsin was there.
    Soon a horse and its rider crossed wetlands in full gallop. Old Bear felt the wind blowing at his face and he felt horse's pure joy of speed affecting his thoughts, his moods his spirit. Faster Khamsin! Faster! And then he felt it.
    A smile. Coming from deep, breaking through stress and tension, attaching itself firmly on the rider's face.

It was morning in Perfect World Realms.
  • Buffer - Dreamweaver
    Buffer - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:bye

Withdrawing the knife, I smile with content
    Oh yes, such a feeling of ecstasy
    Blood trickling, I truly love this scent
    Is as lovely as the body next to me

Kneeling down to kiss a precious pink lip
    Looking into those lifeless hazel eyes
    Cupped hands filled with crimson, take a sip
    Brings the feeling of flying in the skies

Such satisfaction does killing bring me
    To send another soul to the dead's land
    Watching as they die, such a sight to see
    One would have to witness it first hand

"I am," Speaking slowly and give a nod
    One last sadistic grin and finish, "God"
    edited April 2009
    @ dachs

"Steps on a dream: " I used that phrase to describe her walking over my dreams. Also, the punctuation ":" means that her actions/feelings are being explained, as she gathers them with her steps. (I know it's always hard to see what the writer wanted to say, because the words come from their personal experience/state of emotions... And of course, the translating issues b:irritated)
    And I've never read Gordon Lightfoot, but I'll take your comment as a recommendation, and will look him up! b:pleased

@ All posters

Wow... I am so pleased reading all of the writings! b:thanks
    And another contribution by me. b:chuckle
    Punishment

Even with all the lights you can not find me, traceless, I've left long ago,
    long - before him.

Within every mis-step of your imagination I dwell, so cruel, alone...
    On purpose!

My consciousness is clean: there is no some dark punishment,
    big enough for all of your expectations,
    for all my slaves,
    for all our time...

It doesn't exist!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dachs
    edited April 2009
    @ Shigemitze: Sorry for confusing you, but in the second part of my post I referred to the song with the cats ... b:surrender Gordon Lightfoot is a musician ...

Concerning your lyrics, as you called it at the beginning, I think that it gets clearer to me now b:pleased Although, as you said and because of which I actually dislike (over-)interpreting other people's stories and writing, I certtainly never can be sure if I really understand what you mean, or that our understanding of the text is the same.
    To be honest, I didn't even get that that it is about a woman, or a woman "walking over" your dreams, maybe I saw it too abstract, because the beginning "steps on a dream" for me was connected to single or rather loosely bound pictures, as the word "dream" implied ... (huh?)
    And I also think that it's quite hard to translate something into another language and trying to keep it the same in expression and sound (luckily, my "texts" have been in English b:pleased)

And somehow it is funny that most things turn out pretty violent? (Without addressing Shigemitze b:pleased)
  • Saomuel - Dreamweaver
    Saomuel - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Teacher: Ok, people, writing test today!
    I want all of you to do an dissertation about cats. Start now!

5 minutes later, the first student hands over his dissertation, and the teacher takes a look.

"meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow and meow."

Teacher: A++ b:sweat