bosses!?

Options
notexistant
notexistant Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was just wondering if at some point is there a point where you actually need squads. I'm level 12 and all my friends are playing. And the only reason I think that we would need to team was for instanced dungons with bosses or somthing of that sort. Anyway I think you get my question if not... heres it in as few words as possible.

When do you need to use squads?
Post edited by notexistant on

Comments

• SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear
    SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You will need a squad to do the instances like you said but also for the occasional hard mini-boss quest that you will get once in awhile.

They are also needed for zhen party's which will become a absolute necessity at later lvls but if you are only lvl 12 then depending on your class you probably wont need squads for a while.

So to directly answer your question:
    [...]When do you need to use squads?

At the higher levels.

I hope that answers your question if not just say so and I will try again lol

:)
    My Youtube Channel:
    youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th
  • notexistant
    notexistant Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ah, thanks I just wanted to make sure there were some sort of bosses at some point where you'll need to team up soloing all the time gets quite boring. Although >.> I havn't seen them on in awhile I may have to try alone anyway. Or recruite people that I meet in the game.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The first quest bosses that you will likely need a squad for start in about the mid 20's. There are also dungeon quests that you will get every 10 levels starting at 19. (51 and 70 are exceptions) There are also high end instances, TT, FC, and LG, that you will absolutely need a squad for, but these don't start until 60+.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My cleric started having to squad in her mid 20s. Things get a little harder around then. While it's still not a problem to grind alone, things definitely become easier if you squad up. Not only to defeat mini-bosses and do dungeons, but also to share mob kills on grinding quests (there aren't enough to go around, in some cases).

You'll hit it eventually. The first 20 levels are quick and easy, so just keep playing, and you'll get to the point where squads and factions are your lifesblood.

Then again, I'm a cleric, so I may be squad-biased. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The first boss will be in fb19 for your call to duty quest. From there on, you will also get bosses that are just on the map. The first ones are Elder tortoise and charr. They aren't very hard, but that's just to get familiar with bosses ;) Untill lvl 30 all bosses can be done with, what I would call, "incomplete squads". Depending on your class, you can solo them, or do them with just 2/3 players. After that you'll see some mini bosses, some solo bosses and big bosses. I believe Krixxix it the first boss outside a dungeon that requires a full squad (tank + cleric + damage dealers), at least unless you have higher lvls that help you.
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If you're tired of solo work you can shake things up a bit by making a Squad with your friends now and going after some mobs higher than you. Depending on the classes in your party, you should be able to tackle mobs 3-8 levels higher than you, maybe more depending on the size of your group. Though I'd recommend testing the waters carefully if you try to play above your level.

If you have a Venomancer, their pet can take the lead attack and keep the heat off of the rest of the players, who can concentrate on hitting it instead of healing themselves. If you have a Cleric in your group, they can help with the healing for the in-close melee fighters who take the hits. These factors might help you to fight something quite a few levels above you.

As a Veno I was able to solo with my pet 3-8 levels above myself early on, even easier with a BM or a Barb with me to help rack up the damage on the mob faster. But as a Wizard, I have to play closer to my own level, because the other players take the brunt of the damage rather than the pet. And that's risky for them without a cleric (or a lot of HP pots) around. When the pet dies, it doesn't get teleported to the nearest town. Other players, however, do. And that could be some ways off XD
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    people diss squads on early levels, i say join up.

Sure the exp is gimped and you never get the good drops Q_Q

I have exp in two types of squads, and none of them organized.

1st is where you invite a bunch of people and they all run off in random directions killing anything in site, just like solo.
    This is helpfull because if you need to kill 20 of x monsters and you have 4 squad members all soloing those monsters you will finish the quest 4 times faster. (you get a kill counted for your quest when any mob is killed by a party memeber)
    cons: cant count on heals/help because you may be too far and sometimes you lose track of people and they are getting herbs and bs just leaching your exp/drops/spirit.

2nd is a little slower for quests but better for higher lvl mobs that hit hard.
    This is where you have a group of people fighting in the same vicinity but sharing the inbound and outbound damage. These are lazy groups for me. I might get one attack off on each kill because the monsters die so fast if you don't fight hard enough monsters, but it does give you a chance to get more drops, but slower on the exp/spirit/questing side of things.
    cons: waisted mp when you cast a spell and the monster is already gonna get toasted before your channeleing time is up

all in all I have never died in a party of 3 or more players. I die soloing about once a day...on a good day.
  • Balance_life - Lost City
    Balance_life - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

2nd is a little slower for quests but better for higher lvl mobs that hit hard.
    This is where you have a group of people fighting in the same vicinity but sharing the inbound and outbound damage. These are lazy groups for me. I might get one attack off on each kill because the monsters die so fast if you don't fight hard enough monsters, but it does give you a chance to get more drops, but slower on the exp/spirit/questing side of things.
    cons: waisted mp when you cast a spell and the monster is already gonna get toasted before your channeleing time is up

This is the exact reason I think there should be multiple hp mobs (not just the random 'increased life' mobs) but lots of places with consistent 2x, 3x, 4x, etc hp mobs to encourage squad play.

Then again, I'm only on my first char lvl 28 so I might be totally wrong but from what I've been reading it doesn't seem that way.
  • Scartlett - Sanctuary
    Scartlett - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The first time you'll have to squad up is for FB19. After that, you'll squad up for bosses like Yangsheng, Krixxix, Farng, Bloodraged Cadaver. etc.

It doesn't have to be just friends either. We are a community