Snake Isle Dungeon Race

Options
coldice2000
coldice2000 Posts: 145 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Chronicles
Okay, could someone please explain what the Snake Isle Dungeon Race is? I want to know:

1. Where do I join

2. Do I need to pay and if so how much

3. If I win what do I get and from that if it is something odd how do I use that

4. Maybe a sort of story to say how it works once inside

Sorry if it's been posted already, but I have looked for something about and nothing comes up.
Thanks in advance b:cute
Post edited by coldice2000 on

Comments

• Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    1. In every major city or Archosaur district, there's a Khau~ Pup and Adventure Assistant. At 12:30 PM and 9:30 PM PST they'll have a quest to enter the race islands for 10 minutes before it starts and 5 minutes after it starts.

2. Nothing.

3. If you make it in the top 5, a monthly race ticket. Otherwise just a badge of speed for completing the race.

4. Head to the row of flags or the person by them once the race starts. To take the race take the quest they'll give when it starts. Then just follow the arrows on the ground (or other players) and reach the flag checkpoints. Make sure you get close to them and for long enough so they detect you. Watch out for the crystals, sometimes they'll speed you up, other times they'll slow you down or freeze you for a few seconds. The sparks that wander around do the same, but the purple and red ones speed you up IIRC.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'v gotten the top 5, what do i get if i win the monthly race?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The monthly race is not yet implemented.

So, everyone gets the same prize no matter how fast you finish the three laps - 5k Exp (some SP?) and badge of speed that can be turned in for a bit more Exp.

The crystals come in just two types lines of 4 white ones always slow you while the red ones will increase your riding speed.

The wandering glows on the course are more complicated. Talk to the starter inside the race to see what all they do. At least one (gold?) is random, but if it runs from you, be sure it is the good version.
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The race is 3 times daily, you can only do it once per day. Get there early, if you see the red system announcement for the race, you are already late!

Trade 10 badges of speed to get a sign of speed which you'll need for your sage equipment after lvl 90.

You'll get 5k exp and 1k spirit just for finishing the race.

If you win the monthly race (after it's implemented) you'll get a qualifier for the yearly race.

You must be lvl 40+ to participate in the race. You do not need a mount, but it'll help you win.
  • Fasterfene - Heavens Tear
    Fasterfene - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    what are three timings of the race?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    are there mobs on the course?

is it ordinary foot race in humanform, or mounted?

are participants able to choose to use things such as the veno's summer sprint?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

No mobs, just little wispy things that can freeze or slow you down but sometimes they give you a speed boost.

You can do it on foot or on a land mount, no flying mounts. Most people that go use a land mount.

I'm pretty sure you can use summer sprint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The speed buffs only affect mount speeds. Normal self-buffs while on foot still work however. The freezes and slow downs work on everybody. Of course, on foot you could try and make it more difficult for those on mounts by taking the pink crystals and purple wandering sparks (which always speed you up although only work like 20% of the time and are harder to reach) anyway....however this would hardly make any difference to how you win since the fiercest competition will always remain for just those on a mount, unless they enter the race much later than you.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • SkinRipper - Lost City
    SkinRipper - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i won the race and have a Monthly Dungeon Race Qualifierb:laugh ,, but when is the monthly race and how can i join ?
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    what are three timings of the race?

Like mentioned in the SECOND post. It is 12:30 PM and 9:30 PM PST.

As far as I know, there are no restrictions to doing the race. On foot, in tiger, or on a mount, what you desire. Although if you want the monthly qualifier for future, you should do on a mount.
    i won the race and have a Monthly Dungeon Race Qualifierb:laugh ,, but when is the monthly race and how can i join ?

As mentioned in the FOURTH post, this feature has not been implemented into the game yet.
    Belligero
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

nice necro
This discussion has been closed.