cleric skill combo's ?

Options
Inias - Heavens Tear
Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
ok so...

being a cleric i learned a lot about the class and how to work with it

the one thing that i wasn't able to do is create some combo's ...

the basic "combo"s i do are cyclone, plume shot, cyclone , wield thunder => again

i'm trying to figure out a combo to deal massive dmg in one low amount of time
or get a combo in combination with regaining sparks

also maybe combo for the demon clerics?

like elemental seal=>wield thunder=>(maybe thunderball here dunno)=>cyclone

so tell me what u guys have or think

ty
thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Inias - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Talshina - Dreamweaver
    Talshina - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    As soon as you toss the Elemental Seal, the mob will aggro. You might want to follow it with a Great Cyclone to slow it down so you can have time to cast Wield Thunder before it gets in range of ripping your face off.
    Most of the guides I've seen in the forum recommend using Wield Thunder as the opening shot, since the long channeling time doesn't matter if the mob hasn't been aggro'd yet.
    Thunderball is SLOOOOOW. Long channeling time, and then damage over fifteen seconds. Handy when fighting bosses, since you know they're not going to die before it's done working, but against normal mobs.. hopefully your other skills can kill them faster than that. I still haven't picked it up at all, not enough SP to spare...
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    using the seal on anything but bosses and other players in pvp will only hurt you.

that combo is, basically, all we got. we have only a few attack skills that are useful and only 3 can be spammed. so yeah, you're killing as fast as you can if you maxed your metal mastery/those 3 attacks.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    owkeeeej

i'm no PK'er but

i totally don't care about combo's for pve
    i menth combo's for TW , taking out barbs etc
    that's why i don't care about using elemental seal first :)

so anyone else has some suggestions? :^)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    barbs?

elemental debuff > thunderball > cyclone > wield thunder > cyclone > tempest > cyclone > etc, until you either get bored or he finally dies.

maybe if you're desperate for a fast combo, because that's part of the 10 second rule - kill them fast - you can use cyclone > siren's kiss > cyclone. though nobody uses the skill, it cast very fast, and can be strung together very quickly. that's a good chunk of damage in a very short amount of time.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    In PvP or PK there isn't some specific combo to create (you wanna create one combo right?) in those situations you match your spells according to your opponent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Huli_Man - Heavens Tear
    Huli_Man - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Based on my PvP and TW experience, the most successful combo I've had against Barbs and BMs is: Plume Shell > Chromatic Seal > Elemental Seal > Double Spark (hopefully your sparked) Cyclone > Weld Thunder > Cyclone
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    are you looking for combos or macros?

When i first started using macros i thought it would be easy to hit just 1 button and watch things die, but in experiment they are not that good for clerics cause of all the kiting we should be doing.

So the combo is prob gonna involve something like this
    (this is assuming you didn't get jumped)

chromatic seal>magic debuff>spark>weild thunder>cyclone>kite>cyclone>weild thunder

of course you might have to throw a few ironhearts in the mix if speed debuff doesnt catch, or if they get too close, along with plume shield

you may even want to use tempest after triggering their heiro so you do the most damage possible before its ready to tick again.

if you do get caught in a stun, you should make sure plume shell is up and use an apoth to regen mp and great speed unless your using mp charm

more than most I would assume, clerics are hard to play because of the instance based skills. If A happens use skill B, but if A happens and they use skill C, use skill D followed by skill B. All classes may or may not be like this, but I know for a fact that choosing the wrong skill or using the right skill at the wrong moment will spell sudden doom in any pvp enviornment.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Honestly, in pvp it takes two different paths.

1 v 1 pvp. Whether pk, in the cube, DT, or some strange off the wall TW encounter, it's you against 1 other person. If you are the aggressor:

Heavy and LA: Wield Lightning as starter. If you tick the charm, he's weak. If targeting a stun class, might want to sleep them for safety's sake and then spark wield to kill them if you feel lucky, or just wield/cyclone. Remember, if you don't kill them before the charm recharges, it ruins your whole damage output. And everytime I did a sleep/spark/wield/cyclone combo after ticking the charm, they recharged right as it hit with cyclone. So either have -9% or better channeling boost gear, or try a shorter combo.

If you don't tick the charm, and they are around 60% health, then sleep, debuff, tempest. Kills them guaranteed.

If not enough sparks and fighting melee, go with sleep, debuff, max distance, plume shell, thunderball, cyclone, wield, cyclone. You can change this around as needed for how safe you feel, and whether you know how good the target is. Thunderball is used to tick the charm and set up some dmg to hit during that 10 sec recharg. You should get 60% of the DoT to hit during this time. I go with cyclone first usually because once they wake up, they tend to start using healing pots. And needing to use plumeshot because you don't have metal spell only combo does not make it easy to kill them. Maybe against LA, but not heavy armor. I needed the cyclone/wield/cyclone when I was soloing barbs within 5 lvls of mine. Lower and I could skip to wield/cyclone only.

For arcane: Razor if aggressor as opener, then sleep. When asleep they can't stun/sleep/order their pet to kill you. Again, if charm ticks, just spark and razor them. Follow up with plume if something keeps them alive. Usually that only happens if you have a large dmg range, and the first one hits high while the second hits low. It's why smaller range makes it much easier to kill in PvP, as you know which combo to do. If they don't have lvl enough to use their condition spells on you, then just save the sparks for a better target.

For TW/organized:

It changes often depending on how well/bad the match is going for you, if you're a small portion keeping the enemy occupied during your guild's assault, if you are the assault team, etc. You'll be switching between different roles constantly, but aside from 1v1 tactics, you will need to assist as needed.

This means freezing/sleeping appropriate targets. Freeze enemy cats or runners, sleep enemy foxes heading to your cats. Add heals to cats if it is needed. If an opportunity to aoe enemy casters trying to kill one of your cats, blast off with a razor feather before joining the healing defense. Killing the dmg on your cat will add more health than 2 IBs anyways.

For more than 1 against just you:

Spark, Cyclone/Plumeshot/Cyclone. If lvl 100, add in Elven Boon as often as possible. Faster casts means higher DPS, as you get that weapon boost hitting more times than higher casts. Aim for light/arcane as much as possible, kill what is in your way to make a hole, and run the heck through it. This method got me out of 7 high lvls surrounding me in DT. Killed 3, chased a 4th and made it out alive. Barely, but it works. Spark makes the best pve combo work in pvp as well.

For PvE: Cyclone/plumeshot/Cyclone/Plumeshot/etc. These are the only skills you need against 1 mob, Wield has terrible DPS for full mag or near full mag. Only people I can see using it are full vits, and even they will eventually get better dps from this set. 30% metal debuff from demon wield might make it nice, but the extra time before they are slowed might mean you take the same or more dmg for spending more mana than normal. Bonus dmg is junk for non-spark skills the higher you lvl. Just compare your base mag and weapon dmg compared to the bonus dmg to get an idea of what impact it really does have.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ok ty sylae

i'm only 82 yet so it'l tak me a while to get demon skills and elven boon XD

but yeah i often have probs with having enough DPS to kil a barb and not letting his charm tick

also prob in TW is getting sparks, as a cleric we die alot so it's hard to get sparks
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    what's the usefulness of elven boon? i'm yet to see a purpose for it.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Elven boom is amazing
    Its a quick metal skill meant to beat the heiro.

0.5 channel and 1 second cast? Clerics lack a skill like this. So many times an opponent has a sliver of HP left and a cyclone is on cooldown. Plume shot can be avoided till the heiro ticks =\
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Elven Boon, crappy bonus dmg. But as has been posted often, bonus dmg is junk dmg the higher up you go. It's nice, but can that bonus dmg equal out to 33% of your bas mag + 1111? That is what it would have to do in order to have the same DPS as Elven Boon. Seal and heal are just nice extras that are just kinda nice. Because before even getting my +4 Requiem equipped, my base mag is able to deal more DPS with EB than a demon Cyclone even.

EDIT: Should have added, not to try killing a celestial barbarian when you have not made it to the same stage. Doesn't work too well, but I ticked his charm :)