PvP Tournament in Heaven's Tear

Adensem - Heavens Tear
Adensem - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
THIS TOURNAMENT IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY
Advertisementbanner.gif

Where: on Heaven’s Tear server, at Pierced heart lake(the star island) coordinates follow(334,679).

When: at 8:00PM U.S. East coast time, 04/25/2009

General Explanation:
The judge will squad the two combatants. Prior to the fight the combatants can buff themselves using items/skills, however their will be no outside buffing. Such as a cleric buffing a blade master etc… If you show to the tournament ground and have buffs you will be asked to re login. Once your match is over retreat to the crescent moon shaped island or beyond. Once the tournament brackets are filled, 64 slots total, a picture will be posted of the two sets of 32 slot brackets. The brackets will have the following information, Player name(level). This is for your convenience whether you use this to your advantage or not is entirely up to the combatant, you. After the tournament is over the results will be posted on the PWI forums. To sign up simply talk to me, Adensem, or leave a reply to this thread. If you are not on the list it is because we filled up before your message was received.

Here is an example of how a duel will flow.

1. the judge will announce the two combatants, the combatants squad with the judge.
2. the judge will allow a few moments for the combatants to use the buffing items/skills.
3. the judge will say start that is when the duel should be issued, does not matter who issues who.

Level Cap: level 45 and below

Rules:

1. Entrants will be given 5 minute grace before they are disqualified, even if they show afterwards their standing will not change.

2. Any skills can be used.

3. Chi can be used, so come charged, but buffs from other players before/during your match is strictly forbidden. Self buffs are ok, but only during the buffing period before your match. If you show up to your match with buffs the judge will automatically assume they are from another player and you will have to re log in.b:flower.

4. Potions can be used.

5. Pets can be used.

6. No running from battle. The battle takes place on the star shaped island ONLY!

7. No profanity, accusations of cheating allowed. Judges from Celestial will be on hand to judge if their was any cheating, which I do not see happening.

8. No flying will be allowed. You fly you are disqualified.

9. The level cap applies to the day of the tournament NOT the day of sign up, so if you think you will become past level 45 by the day of the tournament maybe slow down till the day of the tournament.

Prizes:
1st gets 400,000 coins.
2nd gets 200,000 coins.
The brackets for the tournament will be posted on this PWI forum thread.

Technical stuff:
By signing up for the tournament you agree to adhere to the rules set forth by the sponsoring guild. Remember this is a privilege not a right. The sponsoring guild reserves the right to disqualify a combatant if they are seen unruly during the tournament rather they are inside a match or not. This tournament is not in any way shape or form sponsored by PWI or any parent company of PWI. The sponsoring guild does not in any way shape or form own any rights to PWI or any characters, labels or anything else therein.

Special thanks to:
Hametsu-Celestial leader and over all nice guy.
funnyperson-Provided telecustics to advertise the tournament
Yanjing-Artist who made the banner for this thread.

again this tournament is brought to you by
Advertisementbanner.gif
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abondoned; struck down, but not destroyed. b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
Post edited by Adensem - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You may want to mention the level cap somewhere a bit more prominent than buried in the last of a list of rules.
  • Adensem - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Thanks I will move it up on the list asap
    We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abondoned; struck down, but not destroyed. b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    an unfair advantage. So again NO KITING

Ahh so you want cloth users going head to head with barbs and blademaster, thus eliminating any "unfair advantage".

Surprise surprise, looks like you're blademaster too.

Epic fail.
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    10. ABSOLUTELY NO CHARMS!

someone forgot charms dont work in duels..or do you call going white and having 1v1 a duel? well good luck with that tournament then, wonder how many red Enrage will come to show you your mistakes b:laugh
  • RanmaVision - Heavens Tear
    RanmaVision - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    just thought i'd let you know, but charms can't be used during a dual btw... they only work after the dual is done..... just though i'd let you know...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    no kiting? erm.... and no mention of starting distance rules...
    kiting cleric rules made me lol
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Level 45 cap and no kiting or flying...lol

That rules out 3 classes.

Fair event ftw! /sarcasm.
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2009

9. No Kiting, Kiting is a tactic used by clerics for dueling. It consists of casting tornado to slow the enemy then the cleric uses plume shot to kill their enemy from afar. The opponent does not have a chance to even get close to the cleric to fight back thus giving a cleric an unfair advantage. So again NO KITING
    So, and bms dont use stun, venos dont use pets...
    Its pointlessb:chuckle
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Charms who doesn't work in duels aren't allowed, but potions are? Sounds wrong for me...

p.s.
    Little advice - Get at least one cleric who doesn't participate in the pvp tournament, so he/she could heal the participants after the duels
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No kiting? Seriously, if so, the contestants should start at opposite sides of the field to make it semi-fair. Any robe-user will die in a three-four hits or less from any melee class. If we can't kite, we are instantly forfeit. The kiting is offset by the time it takes to cast spells, so, yes, kiting is fair enough. Plenty of clerics and wizards who get killed in duels despite kiting.

What other exceptions? No plume shell? No pets? No stuns? No heals? No knockback?

Why not just tell people to show up with level 1 barbs instead?
  • Tamaska - Heavens Tear
    Tamaska - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So really what happened here is you took a great idea and turned it into a slugfest. Your going to get a massive group of 40+ melee characters and venos. Thanks for the effort, but you just took the fun out of it. Your hindering the casters that chose to fight long range, and no one under level 40 will show up and actually hope to win.

Heres a question... if your not allowed to fly, can your pets? Guess we wont be seeing any venos at the event either.

Why would you put limitations on anything other than pots in a dueling event?

~edit~If you decide to do this again, I would recommend level brackets.
    If you want something great, you've gotta be willing to bet it all. If you bet it all, you had better be prepared to lose.
    ~No Regrets
  • tc2r
    tc2r Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ::ediited by self for harshness::

no kiting, face to face vs barb/bm, potions allowed?

Your rules are really unfair and even anti normal dueling rules, where potions are not allowed as is most outside substances (speed pots, etc). What you encourage here is the newb way of thinking in which idiot barbs and bms believe all cloth wearers should stay still and "take it like a man" instead of using their brains to catch said cloth wearers. I've seen smart BMs and Barbs catch robe wearings often enough, and if the dueling arena is only that star shaped island, it's fair enough, pehsaps you should reconsider your rules. (woot, so much more polite then "wtf are you, newbs")

seriously, i as a cleric could still win this, why? well i still have 999 of those jolly jones hp pots and ironheart.... you would NEVER kill me, and even i find these rules stupid
  • Governator - Lost City
    Governator - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    LOLOLOLOLOL After reviewing the rules to the tournament, I've determined this is why you play on the PvE server. No kiting or flying?! That is the stupidest rules in PvP history besides telling a cleric he can't heal himself rofl. There are no limits in PvP. If you want a "fair" fight the only rule should be no pots. Lol, and people wonder why the PvE server gets bashed on so much b:lipcurl Not to mention it's a duel -_- In a duel, certain classes always have the winning advantage over others. Many classes rely on heiros in certain instances. If you want a tournament then make it a PvP tournament. Not a "whoever runs out of mana last" or "whoever has the most stuns" tournament -_-
    MOAR PLANS b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because we can.
  • Adensem - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    if your not signing up for the PvP tournament then I suggest you post your flames where they belong, there is a nice thread for flaming in the lower depths. As for the charm thing that was simply something I forgot to delete before posting. This is a opportunity for lower levels to get free coin, but from what I see a lot of higher level players feel a bit salty about not being able to join... the plan was to have a higher level PvP tournament at a later date, however I feel the lowbies will appreciate it more then the highbes.b:sad like the information says no one has to do this, this is an event just to have fun and maybe make some coin on the side. If all you want to do is complain about rules and regulations post it somewhere where its wanted. I would think it is a bit obvious this is a duel type tournament since the two combatants have to squad with the judge and then initiate the duel THE DUEL now let me repeat that THE D.U.E.L. had some of you read the rules instead of skim them you might have noticed that. Healing is allowed I am not going to repeat all the rules because you did not want to read them. before any of you make yourselves look more idiotic then you already have I suggest you read over the rules a bit better. I have talked with a few others Kiting will be allowed the cleric who made the argument about casting time has a very valid point. I have never played a cleric so I could only make that rule based off of what other clerics have told me. Thanks to the cleric that told me about the channeling time and casting.
  • Governator - Lost City
    Governator - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if your not signing up for the PvP tournament then I suggest you post your flames where they belong, there is a nice thread for flaming in the lower depths. As for the charm thing that was simply something I forgot to delete before posting. This is a opportunity for lower levels to get free coin, but from what I see a lot of higher level players feel a bit salty about not being able to join... the plan was to have a higher level PvP tournament at a later date, however I feel the lowbies will appreciate it more then the highbes.b:sad like the information says no one has to do this, this is an event just to have fun and maybe make some coin on the side. If all you want to do is complain about rules and regulations post it somewhere where its wanted. I would think it is a bit obvious this is a duel type tournament since the two combatants have to squad with the judge and then initiate the duel THE DUEL now let me repeat that THE D.U.E.L. had some of you read the rules instead of skim them you might have noticed that. Healing is allowed I am not going to repeat all the rules because you did not want to read them. before any of you make yourselves look more idiotic then you already have I suggest you read over the rules a bit better. As far as kiting goes I have never been exposed to it, hell I did not even know about it till a lvl 77 cleric told me about it and how melee characters tend to almost have no chance against it. He advised me to put that in so I think I have valid reason for not wanting it in the tournament.

And you said for US not to post anymore as to not look more idiotix b:chuckle

So your explanation for no kiting is "it's a working tactic therefore it is not allowed". In that case, barbs aren't allowed to use tiger form, warriors aren't allowed to stun, clerics aren't allowed to heal, mages aren't allowed to blink [that is kiting after all], veno's aren't allowed to use flesh ream, and last but not least, archers aren't allowed to use arrows/bolts/shots. My reasoning is the same as yours, it allows them to win.

If you don't know **** about PvP, what makes you think anyone should trust you to "judge" the winners in a PvP tournament?

PS - Before commenting on someone else failing to read, you should L2READ, never said didn't know it was a duel, said it's stupid to duel, any smart DD class will always win in a duel.
    MOAR PLANS b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because we can.
  • tc2r
    edited April 2009
    don't bash him so much guys, he's a newb to pvp who just wanted (dueling) to do something nice for the lower lvls. All we ask is that you learn about what you'll be judging.

In straight dueling, anything but outside items is allowed. INCLUDING flying, healing, pets, stuns, etc, town portal even (cept on that island idk how it would help but to disqualify u). Usually the only thing frowned upon is potions of all types.

But you'll learn about your potion rule.. when a cleric shows up... with potions... a hybrid cleric, with enough health to live on his own w/o potions till he runs out of mana... but with potions he becomes God... you'll learn
  • Adensem - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I see the tactics both good and bad behind kiting so I changed it so kiting will be allowed. Also a side note I apologize for the misunderstanding with the title of PvP tournament, but again I posted this around 3 or 4 am last night and did not realize I could not change the title after it was posted. It was suppose to be a 1v1 tournament not meant to be PvP, again sorry about that.b:surrender
  • Adensem - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    tc2r wrote: »
    don't bash him so much guys, he's a newb to pvp who just wanted (dueling) to do something nice for the lower lvls. All we ask is that you learn about what you'll be judging.

In straight dueling, anything but outside items is allowed. INCLUDING flying, healing, pets, stuns, etc, town portal even (cept on that island idk how it would help but to disqualify u). Usually the only thing frowned upon is potions of all types.

But you'll learn about your potion rule.. when a cleric shows up... with potions... a hybrid cleric, with enough health to live on his own w/o potions till he runs out of mana... but with potions he becomes God... you'll learn

basically the idea behind the potion rule is to see how a bm or barb would do against a cleric with the same thing, potions do not instantly heal you they just tend to elongate battles, this is from what I observed in quite a few duels. The reason I said no flying was because I know, clerics at least, have a skill to increase speed during flight. I am not trying to give any one class the advantage.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'll be there!
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Adensem - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I'll be there!

um your a bit too high of a level to enter, but if we get the chance to have the higher level tournament I'd love to see ya there.b:pleased, or are you being sarcastic?
  • tc2r
    edited April 2009
    you're making it very hard for me to educate you/inform you without calling you a biased newb... -_- but i will try!
    basically the idea behind the potion rule is to see how a bm or barb would do against a cleric with the same thing, potions do not instantly heal you they just tend to elongate battles, this is from what I observed in quite a few duels.

K first of all, ALL classes have benefits and weaknesses. yes a cleric can heal, but i promise they don't have the health or the endurance that a barb or a BM has. So if you're going to try to equalize/neutrualize a cleric's positive by giving all classes a "way to heal" then why don't you figure out to give all classes a way to stun, a pet, and the health and endurance (resistance) of a barb. Because to do only one and not the other, IS TO SHOW FAVORITISM to said class, and to **** the other. however in regards to hp pots for all classes? while this hurts paper cannons of all types (aka the ones that don't have the health of barbarians and beastmasters, aka those that can be 2shotted so a potion doesn't do squat for them., while that hurts them. It makes Hybrids (robe wearers with health) pretty much invincible. especially clerics. first, your pots (except the new ones) will never match up to ironheartx2/3. But under your rules, a cleric simply ironhearts 3 times, and uses a potion and has about 20secs of invinciblity in which they can repeat the process.

As for your "heals do not heal instantly" *resist temptation again*.... THERE ARE MANY POTIONS that do heal instantly. as well as a WHOLE LOT that give 2500 hp over 10 seconds. let me explain what thats like... thats like an instant 5 ironhearts. cept faster. with these potions nobody should lose except maby to a Paper Cannon Wizard who crits (by luck).

The reason I said no flying was because I know, clerics at least, have a skill to increase speed during flight. I am not trying to give any one class the advantage.

all you are doing is showing your inexperince toward other classes. Clerics DO NOT HAVE A SKILL TO INCREASE SPEED DURING FLIGHT. where in hell do you get these silly rumors from?
    um your a bit too high of a level to enter, but if we get the chance to have the higher level tournament I'd love to see ya there.b:pleased, or are you being sarcastic?

last but not least, those character icons you seen next to our post... AREN'T THE ONLY CHARACTERS WE HAVE -_-

*woot, resisted resorting to namecalling!*
  • Adensem - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I do appreciate you not resorting to name calling b:thanks, but I have decided to keep things how they are. If this tournament flops then it does. I have already accepted the fact that this tournament could be ****, but if it goes good then I'm happy if it does bad I will still be pretty happy. Either way I don't really mind. Heck not like I had to even hold the tournament, not to mention the prize money is coming out of my pocket alone. I grinded the past few weeks after work and between doing RL things like paying bills etc.. btw doing taxes sucks XD, to finance this tournament so if you do not like the rules or feel I am being bias that's fine and that's your opinion. Don't sign up for it then. I am not trying to make it bias but if it ends up being one sided it does. I can only do so much if you want it to be perfectly balanced all the duels would technically end in a draw anyways. Again thanks for not flaming like many of the other postsb:thanks
  • tc2r
    edited April 2009
    either way you're doing an awesome thing, I hope it works out for you ^.^. Alot of people are really selfish with their coin and stuff, but events help to break up the bore of grinding, I HOPE it works out for the best for you :)

plus if this is a first try, who cares if it flops, you learn from it :) !
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009

Nope... not being sarcastic. I'll be there, just not for the tournament.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Adensem - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    oh did you want to watch? That would be cool ^.^
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Hint: I am from enrage

• Adensem - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    so do you plan to just heal random people trying to get them dq'ed? I mean you can't really PK someone on a PvE server...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh aka only a blue name duel pvp tourney
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    with potions allowed, there will be no way a BM can kill each other due to sultra and pots.

venos will beat other robe classes with transfusion and bleed, unless a full magic cleric gets lucky.

barbs wont win in duels.

theres *no way* a wiz under level 60 will win in a duel.

edit: however, I thank you for hosting this tournament. Hopefully this will get more ppl involved in light pvp and eventually into pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited April 2009

There always has to be an a$$ to try and ruin things just when someone outside of PWI is trying to do something good for his server.

But then again, You are from Enrage and you do what is necessary to make others lives difficult.

Just like in real life, harassment is policed. I can only hope that there is a GM present there to ban people for the evening who try to spoil the attempt for something different for Heaven Tear.
    I am almost tempted to log into my Wiz and join in since I think she is on the border line of the level limit.
    Or atleast cheer the fun on as a spectator.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.