How To Buy/Sell Zen Ingame(Guide to Making a Gold Account)

Cat - Heavens Tear
Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Cash Shop Huddle
How To Sell Zen:

Go the Auction House NPC in any Major city. When you talk to them click on the second link, Its called Gold Trading.

It will bring up the PW Zen Trading window. Now this window can be confusing. On the right hand side the top box shows you what Zen is for sale and how much the sellers want for it and the quanity they have. The bottom box on the right side shows you the buyers offers, how much they are willing to pay, and how many they want.

There should be a Buying and Selling Tab at the top. Click on the Selling Tab.

On the left side the top box is where you put in how much you are willing to sale each Zen for and how many you want to sell.

The bottom box on the left side is where you need to deposit the Zen from your CS to put up from sale. Just hit the deposit button. You have to deposit your Zen BEFORE you can sell it. It is also where you withdraw the money from after your Zen has sold.

So before you sale check out the 2 windows on the right hand side. And lets do an example: In the top box the cheapest price someone is selling it for already is 95,000. In the bottom box the most a buyer is buying it for is 85,000. You want the money right now pretty bad so you are willing to sale it for 90,000.

You go to the boxes on the left. Put in you are selling for 90k and the amount of Zen you want to sale. It will give you a total with Tax of how much it will cost you. Lets say you are selling 25 Zen and it says your tax is 1 Zen. You then go to the bottom box on the left hand side and deposit 26 Zen into your PW Gold trade account. After you deposit the 26 Zen, go back to the top box on the left and hit submit. It will ask you are sure you want to sale 26 zen for 90k each. Click accept. (On the pw-my version this was "broke" and on the sale screen it would ask if you are sure you want to buy, I dunno if it has been fixed on this version. Buy if it asks you if you want to buy 26 zen and your sure your on the selling tab hit confirm. Its just another bug)

You price will then go into the top box on the right hand side. and You will now see where it says your price as 90k and that you are selling 26 zen as the cheapest seller. When buyers check this if they like your price or are buying in your price range, the system will automatically sell it for you.

So after you put your Zen up just check back often to see if you have sold any. You do not recieve any mails or alerts when you have sold your Zen so you will have to just go back and keep checking.

Once the system has sold it for you, your money will show up in the bottom left hand box. Hit the withdrawal button and withdrawal the money. The money will then show up in your inventory when you hit "B" like normal and you can spend it.

How To Buy Zen:

Go the Auction House NPC in any Major city. When you talk to them click on the second link, Its called Gold Trading.

It will bring up the PW Zen Trading window. Now this window can be confusing. On the right hand side the top box shows you what Zen is for sale and how much the sellers want for it and the quanity they have.

The bottom box on the right side shows you the other buyers offers, how much they are willing to pay, and how many they want.

On the left side the top box is where you put in how much you are willing to pay per Zen and how many you want.

The bottom box on the left side is where you need to deposit the money you will use to buy the Zen. It is also where you withdraw the Zen from after you have purchased it.

So before you buy check out the 2 windows on the right hand side. And lets do an example: In the top box the cheapest price someone is silling it for is 95,000. In the bottom box the most a buyer is buying it for is 85,000. You want the Zen right now pretty bad so you are willing to pay 90,000 for it.

You go to the boxes on the left. Put in you are paying 90k and you want 5 Zen. It will give you a total with Tax of how much it will cost you. Lets say it tells you 500,000. You then go to the bottom box on the left hand side and deposit 500,000 into your PW Gold trade account. After you deposit the 500k, go back to the top box on the left and hit submit. It will ask you are sure you want to buy 5 zen for 90k each. Click accept.

You price will then go into the bottom box on the right hand side. and You will now see where it says your price as 90k and that you are buying 5 as the top buyer. When sellers check this if they like your price or are selling in your price range when they put the Zen up for sale, the system will automatically buy it for you.

So after you put your bid up just check back often to see if you have bought any. You dont not recieve any mails or alerts when you recieved your Zen so you will have to just go back and keep checking.

Once the system has bought it for you, it will show up in the bottom left hand box. Hit the withdrawal button and withdrawal the Zen. The Zen will then show up in your cash shop when you hit "O" and you can spend it.

http://www.gamingclimax.com/guides/how-to-buysell-zen-ingameguide-to-making-a-gold-account/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
-Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
Post edited by Cat - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• demi01
    demi01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    keep looking up online how to sell zen. i like playing games but if there is no way for me to put anything in my pocket investing my time its a bad investment. so when i go in game get coins trade coins for gold then gold for zen how do i trade zen for cash. i cant find a site that does this yet.(if this is not a possible the game is a waist of time) i want to get extras for my char. but extras for me to. any mmorpg that trys to stop this from going on cuts out hundreds of thousands of fans will never get a true five star rate and is sure to bomb when a new game comes out allowing it. (i can sell my pokerstars play money chips for 10$ a mill people are still buying silkroad coin online is there a way to do this or was the game just a big waist of my time and the developers) game makers should keep open to outside trade games pay out 50k on game battle ladders and they have tuns of them. never have a hobby if it cant make money. if you enjoy it you will spend money. the option of makeing it has to be there. so when people ask how do you sell zen that does not mean trade ( TRADE ) because your coins are not real so its not a sale its a digital barter.
    how do you SELL zen. SELL

when you get zen for gold you made a sale gold for zen a purchase you payed for gold with real cash. so many pages on selling zen and not one tells you how. only tells how to purchase gold with it.

(kinds get the feeling i am going to get a really long response from admin about terms of use and policy) just say move on this ones a waist of your time

DEMIGOD
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Good stuff. How about the "unlock" feature and password setup? *Yes mine is setup, but as a guide.
  • Djgirl - Sanctuary
    Djgirl - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    When will we get money? Until they can buy it??
  • valvs
    valvs Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sorry for hairsplitting, but you don't buy zen in game. You buy gold. Although zen and gold are directly related, they are not the same thing. Zen exists only outside of the game. Once you transfer it to your game account, it becomes gold. And it is only gold that you can buy in game.
    I am afraid that your guide may confuse some newbies because of that terminology mixup. Just replace "zen" by "gold", and it will be perfect :).
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, replace Zen with gold or you mix up a lot of new players.

Zen can only be gained through the use of real money.

Gold can be bought with ingame coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Gold to me is the little coins in my pocket NOT what I use to buy items from the CS. When someone says gold I think of the shiny stuff I pick up off the ground when I kill mobs.

Someone says Zen I think of the stuff I use to buy **** from the CS. So sorry Im leaving it as it is. Your opinions have been noted in the thread however and Im sure any new players will see them and if they were confused, then understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • beverton
    beverton Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thx for ur good work. help alots.b:victoryb:kiss
  • Xearon - Dreamweaver
    Xearon - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    K, I'm a little bit confused here. How can list all the offers made by players? Like in the auction house. There like 10 listed in each (Buying gold and coins) and I don't have that much money to buy gold.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Unfornately if your buying, it only lists the top 10 highest prices that people are currently paying, because they are the first ones the gold will get sold to if the seller sells for that price.

If you bid lower than the first 3 or 4 prices chances are you will never buy any gold because noone will ever sell it to you.

If you dont have enough money yet, just keep working on it, you will get there. probably the best way to make money starting out is by sellng your DQ items to other players and not to an NPC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Irontygress - Heavens Tear
    Irontygress - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks valvs and ThrommiX for the clarification. As a relative newbie to PWI, I was quite confused by the Zen/Gold terminology in this post. Otherwise quite useful!

Cat, honestly, most new players get acquianted to the idea of 'Coins' dropping off of monsters and 'Gold' being used at the Cash Shop. Just sayin'.

Also, Zen isn't a direct translation to Gold either, 100 Zen = 1 Gold, which actually makes a huge difference in the meaning of your guide. I was looking at the Gold trading prices, and was thinking to myself, "Really, 120,000 Coin for 1 Zen? A Gold is 12,000,000 Coins?!"
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Honestly, you guys want a better guide then write one yourself and stop complaining.

I write things the way I understand them. Noone forces you to use this guide or keeps you from making your own.

Once again Im leaving it as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Helcaterian - Sanctuary
    Helcaterian - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Cat this is a good guide, but i think it could do with changing the Zen-Gold-Coins so players are not confused by it. Ok you have you own way of thinking of the currency in-game, but everyone else is not you and i would hazzard a guess that possibly most think of the currency in terms of Zen from Cash Shop = Gold In-game and Coins = drops from monsters and currency gained from selling items to players/shops.

Other than that, you have a good guide, just dont take this small critizism personally.

also it would be pointless for anyone else to duplicate a thread that has already been made. so would it really hurt just revise this small issue?
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Cat this is a good guide, but i think it could do with changing the Zen-Gold-Coins so players are not confused by it. Ok you have you own way of thinking of the currency in-game, but everyone else is not you and i would hazzard a guess that possibly most think of the currency in terms of Zen from Cash Shop = Gold In-game and Coins = drops from monsters and currency gained from selling items to players/shops.

Other than that, you have a good guide, just dont take this small critizism personally.

also it would be pointless for anyone else to duplicate a thread that has already been made. so would it really hurt just revise this small issue?

What you fail to understand is that not ALL players are confused by it and for me personally when I started playing I was MORE CONFUSED by people calling it gold then by Zen. The guide is the way it is for a reason. And actually it wasnt even called gold by most players until after the game had been in OB for a few months.

As a said once again, if you want to use then use it, if not go somewhere else and complain. This isnt Burger King.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thank you Cat, I knew this already but now I can just point people to your thread rather than taking the time to explain repeatedly. Ignore the haters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bakontrak - Lost City
    Bakontrak - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Don't listen to all those naysayers, the guide is great, and it clarifies everything that the game fails to. The whole Zen vs gold vs coin thing is easy to understand unless of course you are a NOOB.
    edited April 2009
    The whole POINT to a guide is that it gets read by NOOBS. Nobody whos an expert at the game needs to read a guide.

And Cat, naysayer or not, the fact remains that your guide, as good as it is, is flat out wrong in that Zen is actually different from Gold. If it were Silver being traded on the auction house, it'd be fine. But the fact is that 1 Gold = 100 Zen. At least get off your high horse and put that in there somewhere so as not to spread misinformation.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    The whole POINT to a guide is that it gets read by NOOBS. Nobody whos an expert at the game needs to read a guide.

And Cat, naysayer or not, the fact remains that your guide, as good as it is, is flat out wrong in that Zen is actually different from Gold. If it were Silver being traded on the auction house, it'd be fine. But the fact is that 1 Gold = 100 Zen. At least get off your high horse and put that in there somewhere so as not to spread misinformation.

Since you so kindly asked me.. mmm No... Why dont you write your own guide and have it say what you want it to say and leave me the hell alone. BTW the more you whine about it, the more likely I am too ignore your wishes.

And no the guide gets read by newbs.. Noobs are entirely different breed.

*goes back to praying that they soon add a blacklist function to the forum*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• heimlich
    heimlich Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I am a new player and I understand the guide just fine the way it's worded. What I don't understand is why I have to buy Zen and then sell it. Why can't I just buy gold?
    edited April 2009
    Hmm, lets see if I understood your question properly:

Your ONLY interaction with Zen is if you spend actual money on the game (USD, EUR, etc.). The currency conversion rate from USD -> Zen is 1 USD to 100 Zen.

Zen is tied to your global account (i.e. the username/password that you use to log into the server or the forums with). Once you acquire Zen, you can transfer it to a single character. During this process Zen changes to Silver at a rate of 1 Zen to 1 Silver. (100 Silver makes 1 Gold).

Once an individual character has Gold, that character can deposit it into an Auction House "holding account" and sell it for Coin (which is strictly in game currency). The Auction House does not allow you to sell Silver piecies, only Gold pieces. The current conversion rate from Gold to Coin (at least on Heaven's Tear) is 1 Gold to 120,000 Coin.

The reason you buy Zen with your real currency is because it allows users to buy large sums of "charge," and then split up the amounts equally among all their characters spanning several servers, and still get the benefits of the bulk discounts.
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    omg cat i love your sig it's the best everrrrrrrrrrrrrr b:laughb:cute

and major lulz at the QQ rage wtf bbq haxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx posts :D

.. they just make my day

to everyone complaining stfu and "go make ur own guide"

kthnxbai
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Instead of complimenting this guide, I'll sticky it. Hope that's alright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piquedram - Sanctuary
    Piquedram - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ok, anyone who doesn't like the guide, if your only issue is with the Zen/Gold thing then just copy the guide and paste it in a new post, changing Zen to Gold. I'm sure someone will be confused by it and you can feel free not to change it as well. To be honest, though, I was confused by the Zen/Gold thing, that is until the first post that asked about it, then I put 1 and 1 together and came up with 2, now I'm not confused.

As to answer demi01, it is probably not allowed to keep people who would do that rather than get a real job from ruining the game for those that play because they like the game.
  • neverwinterheart
    neverwinterheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm completely new to this so I have a newbie question. If you have let's say two different accounts(or more), and you want to transfer gold between characters between those two accounts, how do you do this?

Can these two trade/transfer gold directly, like meet in-game in a specific area(although that would mean using two computers) ? Because buying CS items with my main account and posting the item thru mail(and have to wait for one hour to arrive on the other) seems very awkward to me. What's the best way ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • jesusdudetyler
    jesusdudetyler Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sweetness! Answered a **** load of questions Thanks muchly
  • qsimpson12
    qsimpson12 Posts: 3
    edited May 2009
    whoever the genius who decided gold would be used to buy stuff and ingame is a real thinker... zen should have been used that way gold ingame and gold thru irl money is way confusing.
  • Im_Hawt - Heavens Tear
    Im_Hawt - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Since you so kindly asked me.. mmm No... Why dont you write your own guide and have it say what you want it to say and leave me the hell alone. BTW the more you whine about it, the more likely I am too ignore your wishes.

And no the guide gets read by newbs.. Noobs are entirely different breed.

*goes back to praying that they soon add a blacklist function to the forum*

thank you so much for you input here. ignore the haters. you've done a great job here. well done. ( :
  • Ljubica - Dreamweaver
    Ljubica - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have a question... so i put a low price to buy gold/zen and if noone wanna buy it my coins/ gold will be forever trapped in the Auction House?

Also can someone explain a bit more about listings in the gold trading auction, I'm completely lost there.
    Thanks in advance, please respond tho.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    No they arent stuck in there forever. If noone buys or sells you can get your gold back by just canceling the listing. However you dont get the fees back the AH charges you for listing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Guide is made for idiots maybe? because took me 7 seconds to work out AH..
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • anilyn01
    anilyn01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    40$ cdn for a battle cat!!!

umm is this for Real!! and then buy and sell zen..

I looked at all this in totally Duh!! Why should i spend this mutch RL cash on a Not so real Game!! that won't really give me anything of value from it!!..

okay its the cost of a few movies...that so many people arnt going to because they can't afford it...

All i'm saying is sorry unless my candy man will buy things for me..this game is so verry expensive ;(

i bought some zen to help support this game... but its not worth my blouse for it!