Some help if you please

eagle117
eagle117 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I've been playing for a while now (By while I meen a couple months) I've got a few questions pertaining to funds, crafting, lvling and my nooby playing form.
Here is the begining of this, I'm just an over all noob. I get armour and weapons to pertain to my lvl and everything else gets sold and the money gets put in my bank to be saved up for getting more genocidal equipment. This includes celestones:all of them (Fragments, Earth, Human and Water) And nearly every drop that I get is sold for quick cash. Here are the questions I have.

-Should I save my celestones?
-If I should, should I turn them in for Mirage Celestones?
-Should I save Drops?
-Which drops should I save?
-Should I get manufacturing skills?
-Which ones will be good for a Barbarian?
Death and the Marines have two things in common;
1. They both kill other people as easily as breathing.
2. They both would kill each other if they met face to face.
Post edited by eagle117 on

Comments

• Tabasco - Dreamweaver
    Tabasco - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    -Should I save my celestones?

I save all mine

-If I should, should I turn them in for Mirage Celestones?

Yes, once you get to a level where you use your equipment for a long while. I'd say 60+. You'll need a lot of them since they have a high failure rate.

-Should I save Drops?

I either use my drops or I sell them. I don't save them...takes up too much room.

-Which drops should I save?

If you dq, save those. If you can make a profit off them, sell them in a player shop.

-Should I get manufacturing skills?
    -Which ones will be good for a Barbarian?

Playing a barb, you'll need the best equipment. I'd level all the crafting skills so you don't have to rely on a guildie to make your equipment for you.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm not considering myself a pro, but here's my opinion/what I do:

celestones: I usually safe them for occasionaly visiting the mice bashing room in the cube (for lvling my pets). I don't turn them into mirages until I need mirage celestone, they'll just take away bank space.

idk what lvl you are, but probably a little higher. check the catshops for dq drops and prices to decide which ones are worth selling to players and which ones better go to npcs. except if you're doing the dqs :)

if any mobs drop equipment I usually npc it unless it has nice stats, then I put it up for auction or in my catshop.

materials are worth much more than the npcs will give you, so sell them to players^^

I'm a blacksmith (veno) but crafting didn't have any advantages for me yet. it would probably get better if I did the crafting quest, but the money I get from selling mats is enough to save up for equips, so it's ok^^

I hope that helped Oo
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, do the manufacturing! With one exception though, Tailoring will cost you WAY too much.

But Blacksmithing is seriously cool.

You can manufacture items with one, two or three stars, the later two obviously being better than what you just buy from NPC. I finally had to get rid of my Trial Pataka at level 34 and managed to manufacture another 3star item with just two attempts.

someone else suggested that you level just one skill per character you have to save on Spirit Points and Money and then simply do all the Weapon manufacturing with one and mail the items to whoever needs them. Good Idea I guess.
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if you plan to use a manufacturing skill you should save every mat from monsters you get. Later you will need massive quantities of them and if you have to buy them it will cost you a small fourtune. Especially the level 4 manufacturing quest. Or you could just find a friend that likes to make things and have them make stuff for you.
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    the choice is yours as far as celestones.

If you sell them early, just remember how much you got for them, and later on when you are high enough level to need them (to make mirage stones to +1 eq) you can buy them all back below that price still making you a profit. So if you sell the fragments for 2k just start buying all priced below 2k when you decide to start refining so you have a net profit. I sold all of my fragments and mirage stones to get a nice hefty bankroll to spend on things I will need now instead of in 40 levels. The choice is yours, how bad do you need cash?

Personally I sell dq drops (the drops for dragon quest lvl XX) to npcs for quick cash and keep all materials I farm from nodes or monsters (rough fur, silk thread, gravel or whatever coresponds to your level) because the mark up on them is 10-20x npc value. Dq might only fetch 2-3 times npc value and you have to waste inventory space to boot.

Eq is another story, if I have a cleric item with +mp or magic attack, I will cat shop it, or a heavy armor pc with +strength. NPC any 1star or wacked out bonus items, and catshop the rest for maximum profits vs turnaround time.

My problem is having 200k worth of items in my inventory, little to no gold, and needing to buy 20k worth of pots to grind. Cash flow will catch up to you, so keep depositing that money into the bank and you will be less likely to spend it on impulse buys and make sure to always be able to cover your repair costs.

Crafting sucks imo. sure you will have to pay a large mark up, but you can buy the exact item you want. If you see one in cat shop that is too expensive leave a message with your offer. You are going to spend alot leveling your craft skills and never be gaurenteed anything worth a damn. Craft apoths if anything for +hp and dmg absorb items and increased speed maybe. But farm the mats dont buy them, that is robbery!