ANNOUNCEMENT: no PayByCash transaction fees - permanent!

dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
Howdy All!

We are pleased to announce that for a limited time, Perfect World Entertainment, will absorb transaction fees normally associated when making Zen purchases through our PayByCash payment solutions partner.

Transactions made through PayByCash (including Ultimate Game Cards) are normally accessed at our Zen Charge page at:

https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge

In other words, $20 spent through PayByCash will get you exactly what you paid for - 2000 Zen. No more surcharges and fees!

Please take advantage of this offer while it lasts. Enjoy!
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    how long will this last?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    fees? paysafe cards fall under "paybycash", right? I don't remember any fees Oo
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wtf do you mean while it lasts? You should do something about those fees so it's fixed permanently.

So "while it lasts" means you're trying to see if you can boost sales of the cards and hope the income is more than the fees you have to absorb?

Once again, this is nothing to benefit the user. This is just to see if you can make more money.

failsauce.
  • Lycinius - Sanctuary
    Lycinius - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i have spent hundreds of dollars using paybycash in America i buy a $10 dollar card and it never had an additional charge but today i went to redeem a card and after putting in my new $10 card pin number it for the first time ever to me told me i need an additional $2.08 to complete transaction and now i am stuck with a worthless $10 card..if i bought 2 $10 cards then i would have $7 dollars and change useless i have submitted a ticket but further explanation is needed here
  • Mystress - Dreamweaver
    Mystress - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    what bout over seas currency?are you guys ever going to do anything about that? Im sorry Im not paying $44 for 20 gold in the cash shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Mystress, Ive already submitted a ticket about this and theres nothing they can do about it.
    Although their answer was polite, they politely told me they cannot/wont change that :(

Theres also a thread about that here in this sub forum
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    people should just get a credit card and there wouldn't be a problem in the first place
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Howdy All!

We are pleased to announce that for a limited time, Perfect World Entertainment, will absorb transaction fees normally associated when making Zen purchases through our PayByCash payment solutions partner.

Transactions made through PayByCash (including Ultimate Game Cards) are normally accessed at our Zen Charge page at:

https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge

In other words, $20 spent through PayByCash will get you exactly what you paid for - 2000 Zen. No more surcharges and fees!

Please take advantage of this offer while it lasts. Enjoy!

ok, wtf today i try to redem a ult game card at $50 (5000 zen + 300 extra) that should be $53, since, u said there would be no extra frees, when i get to the place to type in the pin, it says it will cost me $65.05 wut is that extra $15.05 charge for? i though there was no fees, i kno this post was from yesterday...but really, are these things actually 1 day only?? b:shockedthats just stupidb:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    what bout over seas currency?are you guys ever going to do anything about that? Im sorry Im not paying $44 for 20 gold in the cash shop

Overseas currency is not controlled by Perfect World Entertainment, that is controlled by the international banking system. All currency conversion is out of our hands so just make sure you do a little bit of research before you make a purchase. Depending on your location, one payments solution may be more/less expensive in your region compared to someone half way around the world from you. Any fees for currency conversion is done solely by the payment solution you chose, so if you do not like the amount of fees being charged, you do not have to use that exact solution to make a payment. Hope this information helps out.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • dvorak
    edited April 2009
    how long will this last?

At the very least through the rest of April. We will evaluate this promotion in a few weeks to determine if it should be continued further.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    With the financial problems many people face due to unemployment and such telling people to get a credit card is rather stupid. First some people might not have the income to afford one and second not everyone wishes to go into debt to get zhen for a free to play game.

kristiona
  • Lycinius - Sanctuary
    Lycinius - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    my issue was solved and the extra charge that was never there was not there today.....and secondly yeah i have a credit card but if you think im sharing my credit information over the internet ur wrong..
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ok so Americans don't have to pay extra charges or fees great for them but what about us Canadians? Ultimate Game Cards should be usable by everyone no matter what country they live in not just for Americans. If we buy a 20 dollar card we should get exactly that amount but no we have to spend $30-$40 to get the 2000 zen so really how does this positively affect Canadians? Promotion or not we still get screwed either way.

PayByCash Promotion = EpicFail for Canadians.
  • LanaLeasion - Lost City
    LanaLeasion - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    how about you guys release game cards to more places for people without debit cards? :)
    RED CARPET MASSACRE We're in business you're on the hitlist!
  • unam
    unam Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if i buy a prepaid $10 dollar card in the store i pay the extra fee there right? not when i redeem it?
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    seems like this has ended?

funny, I charged zen before this was announced and had no fees to pay. all of a sudden, I have to pay a fee now? worst thing is, I pick 30gold, and because of the fee I can charge 29.xx$, so I'll get 20gold in the end? it's 25.xx euro for the 29.xx $, why can't I pay 26.xx Euros to get 30$ ? that's really stupid.

and yes, I already contacted pwi customer service. they told me to check the currency $-
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Mrsurine - Sanctuary
    Mrsurine - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My bf is going to the States some time soon and said he would buy me a card(I live in Canada)
    Now I'm starting to think thats is not a good idea at all o.o
    why would you have to pay an extra fee? it all of a sudden seems that no one had to pay a fee before but now they doo!
    WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!? b:surrender
    (just to clear I am slightly understanding this correctly)
    If I get a$10 card, and go to redeem it, I'll have to somehow get another $x.xx to actually get (I belive 100gold)? But if I pay by credit card (paypal count?) theres no fee?
    but according to this announcement there shouldn't be a fee for the cards? o.o
    I'd love it if someone explained this to me :D
    ~once confused Veno
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'M DARTH VADAR!"
    "Who gives a sith?"
    b:chuckleHAHAHAHHA. I'm not funny. b:cry
  • dvorak
    edited May 2009
    just to let you all know, based on numerous user feedback and requests we've reached agreement with PayByCash to not charge users any transaction fees - permanently.

Much thanks to everyone who took the time to send us rational and constructive feedback on this matter!

b:victory
    pwe_dvorak.jpg