Skills for Golem

hellrazor227
hellrazor227 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
i dont have much money and was thinking of upgrading my magmite whats the most usefull skill i should upgrade/get? for pve
Post edited by hellrazor227 on

Comments

• Talinnia - Heavens Tear
    Talinnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I got Threaten for mine.
  • redonyou
    redonyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would first level bash as high as possible and then add flesh ream and tough.

Flesh ream does physical damage so it takes advantage of you debuff from ironwood and tough is great for emergencies. If your golem gets attack by more than 1 thing tough should keep him alive long enough to kill something, lowering the amount of damage he's taking.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    redonyou wrote: »

Flesh ream does physical damage so it takes advantage of you debuff from ironwood and tough is great for emergencies. If your golem gets attack by more than 1 thing tough should keep him alive long enough to kill something, lowering the amount of damage he's taking.

I think tough should come before flesh ream. With two attack spells, you'll have to manually trigger flesh ream. Damage over time don't hold aggro as well as instant damage, and isn't useful when veno kills off the mob before time's up.
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Has anyone tried fireball? I don't know a whole lot about the pet skills, and I'm wondering if this would be a good addition. Any ideas about other skills that are out of the norm but may be useful?
    edited April 2009
    redonyou wrote: »

Why replace Sandblow with Flesh Ream? PvP?
    edited April 2009
    Why replace Sandblow with Flesh Ream? PvP?

You don't really have to replace. There should be a 4th skill slot. Although since you have to activate a second attack skill manually, and Flesh ream don't hold aggro as well as Bash, it's not really worth getting for a golem just for grinding. For pvp, there are more suitable pets.
    edited April 2009
    You don't really have to replace. There should be a 4th skill slot. Although since you have to activate a second attack skill manually, and Flesh ream don't hold aggro as well as Bash, it's not really worth getting for a golem just for grinding. For pvp, there are more suitable pets.

I know there's a fourth, but why put a third attack skill there when there are better defensive skills to put there? If you are on a PvP server with the golem out, and get attacked wouldn't Flesh Ream be better to have in place of Sandblow?
    edited April 2009
    I know there's a fourth, but why put a third attack skill there when there are better defensive skills to put there? If you are on a PvP server with the golem out, and get attacked wouldn't Flesh Ream be better to have in place of Sandblow?

Well, for one, the forget skill cost 100k. Why pay when you don't have to.b:chuckle

Besides, golem isn't very good for pvp anyway. It's not like your opponent will actually attack the golem instead of you.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Bash, Tough, Threaten, Roar

Roar you could do without, but it is useful from time to time.

Threaten -> Tough -> Threaten and you have limited damage for 45 seconds out of every minute.

This is assuming bosses of course. Regular mobs don't generally hit hard enough for it to really matter what pet you have, though the golem certainly makes grinding faster than most.