Desktop unclickable after loading game..

chaoticcow
chaoticcow Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Support Desk
Same thing happen to me on the other PWE game.

I download it. Patch it and I can't click anything. So I Task Manager -> Logout

Then Log back in. Open launcher...Launch game but when I exit my desktop is unclickable. It just makes the windows "Dong/Ding" sound.

I've downloaded and played the game before month or so ago and it worked flawlessly.
Post edited by chaoticcow on

Comments

• chaoticcow
    edited April 2009
    Guess there is no way to fix it.
  • Kurimao - Lost City
    Kurimao - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it seems that you're lacking memory resources on your PC. if this happens try openning Task Manager, on the Process tab select Explorer then click End Task,this will close your windows shell. then click the first tab again and click New Task on the lower right side and type "explorer" (without quote) then hit Enter key or click Ok.
    This manifestation may be caused by a Malware that infected your computer or you may not have enough Memory.

Hope this helps.
    Need a new bang-for-the-buck PC?
    Need quick and easy PC repair?
    Need a friend?
    Need a shoulder to lean on?
    Need someone to bring out the best in you?
    Need someone to unleash your most hidden desires?
    Need someone to explore your most intimate pleasures?
    No Need To Look Further!!!
    JOPAK is here!

Where everything is never what it seems!
  • chaoticcow
    edited April 2009
    Thanks. I'll try it.

I have 2gigs of memory. and Last time I downloaded the game it worked great.

Also happens with Ether Saga but no other games I have.
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What OS are you using? I was using xp with 2gigs and had a rough time running the game, certainly couldn't multitask. If you are using vista, the problem will be even worse.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Make sure you don't have unneeded programs, viruses, or spyware/malware running in the background.

This link can help you: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=850742&postcount=18

Don't be downloading things in the background, or running many other programs while playing the game.

See also this post for Vista info that might help you: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=741681&postcount=3
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • chaoticcow
    edited April 2009
    I use WinXP.

Today I decieded to reformat..my PC was acting strange so I shall redownload and if I have the problem still I will post.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Make sure that you get the latest drivers for your motherboard, BIOS, sound chipset, video chipset, and Direct X for your OS.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.