GM's rock!

Options
raisin
raisin Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Chronicles
b:angry now people are almost 70 on harshlands means people payed to be at the top
GM why not just make accounts and sell them be the same thing as this bullsh1t event that just ruined the server i was going to buy gold this week i have changed my mind now and will spend nothing 0 b:surrender
Post edited by raisin on

Comments

• Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    good for you and I completely agree I was watching that server and there is no possible way someone could hop on the new server and jump from 1 to 60 in a span of 3 days
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    good for you and I completely agree I was watching that server and there is no possible way someone could hop on the new server and jump from 1 to 60 in a span of 3 days
    the servers have been up for more than three days.

Even so. thats pretty bad.

~S
  • Sacrifice - Harshlands
    Sacrifice - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    raisin wrote: »
    b:angry now people are almost 70 on harshlands means people payed to be at the top
    GM why not just make accounts and sell them be the same thing as this bullsh1t event that just ruined the server i was going to buy gold this week i have changed my mind now and will spend nothing 0 b:surrender

News flash!

No one gives a **** if you spend money on this game or not.

To be honest I don't have the 100's of dollars to spend on this game, but if I did I would do the same thing they did.

Honestly, money makes the world go 'round.
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    While your point is valid in terms of the imbalance of gameplay and outcome between RL money spenders and those who don't spend any/a lot of RL money, I don't think you're going to solve anything with comment like that.

your frustration is just, but it is a money making game, and if someone doesn't want to play like that they should find a game where money can't buy everything. Trouble is even where you can't pay with real cash through an in-game system there are always those who will sell (legally or illegally) and there will also be those who buy.

The bottom line is: "Yes, the whole world IS wrong, but you don't depend on the whole world. You only depend on the environment you chose for yourself. Make that count."

Anyway, I'm not some shrink giving you life advice and I'm sure you don't actually need it. I too have my grudges against the system, but there's not much you can do about the fact that every "tweak" like the new Jolly Old Jones event will create a huge imbalance which will be pounced upon and heavily exploited by those who have the means. What's intended for (1) making money and (2) ridding the servers of stupendous sums of coin only works to a certain extent and otherwise just makes the money shift from the masses who are willing to trade it for chance to those few who can provide the means.

Yeah I'm not happy about it, but so what. Nothing's gonna change because I wave my stick around and shout sexual abuse at people who I shouldn't be abusing because I don't know them personally, or well enough for that matter.

...an I'll shut up now.
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ...dude wat else can u expect? F2P means FREE to PLAY but it also comes with PAY to WIN...seriously u all should know that by nowb:scorn
  • DjAligator - Sanctuary
    DjAligator - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    one more think you should add
    Most of people want transfer characters
    Ok that won't happen but it happen this event to can make faster lvl so i don't se a reason to not like this
  • tekyo
    tekyo Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Server Harshlands has been up for about a week, if you play 16-20 hours a day, grinding, questing & leveling you can achieve lvl 70 easily, specially if you know the game really well.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tekyo wrote: »
    Server Harshlands has been up for about a week, if you play 16-20 hours a day, grinding, questing & leveling you can achieve lvl 70 easily, specially if you know the game really well.

Or you can just reach it in a day or 2 if you use oracles, niceee !!
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • faylon
    faylon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The GMs did not actually mess up, because their main goal is to support their job. And their job has successfully gotten players to spend many thousands of dollars toward their budget.

The actual ones to mess up, are the ones with an empty wallet.

"Dude, lets buy a pizza"
    Broke guy: "Aww man... I can't, I am flat broke."
    GM: "Not my problem, but thanks for the pizza."
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Other players is 100lvl, but I dont care, becouse Im playing without real money and later I will be 100lvl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faylon
    edited March 2009
    Options
    FateBlade,

Damn right you are. The "challenge" is no burden for us. It is "fun" and "enjoyable". (for those of you who payed money for these two words... QUICK grab a dictionary, because you have been "ripped off". These two words can be achieved by "challenge".)

This message is brought to you by the letters L, o, and L
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    faylon wrote: »
    FateBlade,

Damn right you are. The "challenge" is no burden for us. It is "fun" and "enjoyable". (for those of you who payed money for these two words... QUICK grab a dictionary, because you have been "ripped off". These two words can be achieved by "challenge".)

This message is brought to you by the letters L, o, and L

I have to say that what's making me giggle the most is this:

If you are brand new to this game, playing on a new server most likely, and spending a ton of money for the sole sake of jumping a brand new character to level 75-80, then when this event ends, you're not going to have a clue what to do. You won't know how to play your class, your cultivation level is going to be crapola, and you're going to find out rather quickly that leveling the real way is quite tedious on many occassions. You, having taken such an easy road to a somewhat high level, are going to be in shock when you realize what it means to level on your own. You may even get so fed up and bored with it that you quit 2-3 months down the line. Thanks for supporting our game with your cash donations.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • faylon
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you think it is funny, read my posts in this thread.

"Who will be first to buy a lvl 90 character on new servers?"

Good times indeed.

Random stuff: "Oh no! I spend 1000 dollars on the game but the other players are doing way better and didn't spend anything... HELP.. Oh gosh, they wont give me a refund" *thinking bubble: maybe if I threaten to commit suicide...*

I can imagine there are people who would pay 1000 dollars to see that, let alone do it for you... There is your refund.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Maybe yoiu should stop playing F2P games and go play P2P ones....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Edited your title. If you don't want it changed to stuff like that, don't use offensive titles. Also moved to Lower Depths.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tekyo
    tekyo Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    on a side note, the most high levels I see on Harshlands have old high level character on other servers, including Lost City. They know what they are doing and know how to play. They get to be the first ones to do high evel content on the new servers. Bikini's for example b:laugh
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't know about you guys but I make $10 an hour and I don't have alot of money to spend but I do spend money on this game. I only spend the money to help myself advance or stay alive. IE: hp/mp charms, exp scrolls. So I'm basically spending the same money only on some supe'd up items. Plus I get some items I couldn't afford before(beautiful X shards for example[X = shard name XD]).

So to those of you who don't work, who's parents won't buy them gold, or who just plain refuse to pay money.... QUIT YOUR QQ!!

Oh and by the way I didn't buy my way to lvl 65, I worked many hours for about 3 months of casual play(I only mention that to avoid some fool saying "it took you 3 months to make 65!! n00b!!"). And my new character on Harshlands is only lvl 32, as of right now, due to the fact that I split my attention between both characters. So far I've only used 3 exp scrolls and am still on the first gold hp and mp charms I purchased.... that's like, what? $10? Big spender here!! Watch out for him folks. XDDD
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tekyo wrote: »

LOL you know how hard it is to grind for that long anyway you would need more sleep and bathroom breaks and such unless you want your organs to fail, so it is imposible to get to 70 in just a week
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starwolf - Dreamweaver
    Starwolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you get what you pay for. thats the rule about almost everything in life. then theres scams.
    I am neither good nor evil.
    I am neither god nor mortal.
    I just am.
  • Adensem - Heavens Tear
    Adensem - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't know about you guys but I make $10 an hour and I don't have alot of money to spend but I do spend money on this game. I only spend the money to help myself advance or stay alive. IE: hp/mp charms, exp scrolls. So I'm basically spending the same money only on some supe'd up items. Plus I get some items I couldn't afford before(beautiful X shards for example[X = shard name XD]).

So to those of you who don't work, who's parents won't buy them gold, or who just plain refuse to pay money.... QUIT YOUR QQ!!

Oh and by the way I didn't buy my way to lvl 65, I worked many hours for about 3 months of casual play(I only mention that to avoid some fool saying "it took you 3 months to make 65!! n00b!!"). And my new character on Harshlands is only lvl 32, as of right now, due to the fact that I split my attention between both characters. So far I've only used 3 exp scrolls and am still on the first gold hp and mp charms I purchased.... that's like, what? $10? Big spender here!! Watch out for him folks. XDDD
    F2P simply means this you pick how much you spend, if any. I make a decent living but my wife and I can't afford 10 dollars a month on a video game, not bashing those who do P2P their money or their parents money. As far as level, Don't any of you have friends? I mean I could give a friend I trust, that has a different life schedule then me, my account name/password and while I am working/sleeping they are grinding my character. Of course this is where I would say wow no life whatsoever, but again that is the person or person(s) choice. This is actually a reply to a few posts btw not just yours. Also GM's do rock :)
    We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abondoned; struck down, but not destroyed. b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol i only read this post because it said GMS ROCK!!!
    prob never would have if it was what it was before, whatever that was.

As for paying, I spend $60 on a ps3 game that stays fun for maybe a month. unless it was fallout 3 or oblivion

I intend on spending $60 this year on my char, but I would like to wait until it makes a difference (lvl30+)

Next year I may spend another $60 or whatever. but at this rate I am SAVING $660/year by playing this game, so thank you PWI. My g/f also thanks you because she will prob be spending all that extra cash on purses and other stupid ****.

this game is not free to play because it requires a computer and internet connection. If you want a true F2P game try 20 questions or ISPY and QQ
  • Rekkashadow - Sanctuary
    Rekkashadow - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    im being random i wanna b a ingame product tester OMG THEN I CAN HAV THE KOOL GM STAR GODLYK STATUS ABOVE MY SEXY HEADb:pleased
    Im awesome[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    <3 this thread! Gm's don't rock. this thread ROCKZZZZZZZZ!!!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak