Real Bad Engrish

Options
sillyfoo
sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
These pics are of asian signs/products. I am not making fun of english speaking abilities but u gotta admit its funny.

Bottled water
too bad its a can o.o

Beware Of People
Must have scarey people in China

Databreaker?
Breaks Data?

Call 110
Why would i call 110 to get into trouble?

Table Rules
I'll make sure not to die there

Public Sign
Strict!!!

Smoke?
Uh......I have no idea what they asking.

Products
Am i supposed to talk to these things?

Library
Lord of the Rings lives!!!

Self Explanitory
Dang China got some graphic signs.

Getting your hair and nails done?
I will not trim my foot >.> .
Post edited by sillyfoo on

Comments

• ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    just a heads up, according to the ToS - posting snips of your private messages and email is considered as a breach of privacy. Better edit it before an admin jumps you lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Dazels - Lost City
    Dazels - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    LMAO got some funny **** in there
    Ooo I know lets roll pvp server so i can QQ about pking...

Loving Cyprus the weather is Hot the women are Hot and the beer is cold b:victory
  • Link - Lost City
    Link - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol i didn't know that chinese people can be THAT weirdb:shocked, now i know to what country i'll never travel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol.. trim your foot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghui
    ghui Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Some of them are Japanese....
  • Phantum - Lost City
    Phantum - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I agree that a few are humourous... but let's see you go to China and try speaking/writing Chinese without being laughed at. >.>

Oh and 110 is their 911. >.> Basically, if you have any sense, it says, if you are in trouble, call 110...
    b:dirty Why does it take 100,000 sperm to fertilize one egg? Cuz they don't ask for directions... *Rimshot* b:dirty

b:laugh "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." b:laugh

b:sad "Most cars on our roads have only one occupant, usually the driver." b:sad

b:chuckle "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese." b:chuckle

b:shocked "SUPREME COURT REULES THAT MURDERERS SHALL NOT BE ELECTROCUTED
    TWICE FOR THE SAME CRIME." b:shocked
  • sillyfoo
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I wouldnt ever go to a country where i cant speak any of it, well i gotta at least know how to say help!!!!!, wheres the U.S. embassy, how much?, name of currency, how to say numbers 1-10,000. Yeah i get their 110 is their 911 its just the way they phrased it. Its just a bit of humor i already said its not ment to be offensive if it is i'll take it off.
  • Phantum - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    I wouldnt ever go to a country where i cant speak any of it, well i gotta at least know how to say help!!!!!, wheres the U.S. embassy, how much?, name of currency, how to say numbers 1-10,000. Yeah i get their 110 is their 911 its just the way they phrased it. Its just a bit of humor i already said its not ment to be offensive if it is i'll take it off.

The thing is, they didn't actually go to another country. They placed those signs to HELP visitors. I don't really find them offensive, just a bit rude. But the one I find humourous is the one about dying.
    b:dirty Why does it take 100,000 sperm to fertilize one egg? Cuz they don't ask for directions... *Rimshot* b:dirty

b:laugh "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." b:laugh

b:sad "Most cars on our roads have only one occupant, usually the driver." b:sad

• sillyfoo
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The thing is, they didn't actually go to another country. They placed those signs to HELP visitors. I don't really find them offensive, just a bit rude. But the one I find humourous is the one about dying.

Yeah, i know that but u said "lets see you go to china and try speaking/writing chinese" I said i wouldnt go to another country where i cant speak any of it and that is all. I know those signs trying to help this is set up for humor nothing else.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    OMFG ROFL

Thanks so much for posting this it's absolutely ****ing hilarious xD
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Why are you arguing? They might as well ask a frigging manga translator to do that. You know those are supposedly professional translators that translated those signs, right? If anything, China has a lot of horrible english translators.

Oh and btw, thank you for your motherblinking corporation! Food in china is expensive if you gotta pay a whole business.
  • Ratinax - Sanctuary
    Ratinax - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I just laughed so hard I think i choked on my lung XD

Omg...Asians...I rofl everytime they translate to engrish b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phantum - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I just laughed so hard I think i choked on my lung XD

Omg...Asians...I rofl everytime they translate to engrish b:laugh

O.o I'm Asian (Chinese) and speak fluently in both languages. b:victory Not all Asians speak with a funny accent. Only those who arrived after around age 7 have huge accents.

• Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hahahahahah! freaking HILARIOUS!

get this guys.......Ya know the labels on straw dispensers? it normally says STRAWS right?

Recently, i went to kunming(china) on buisness and guess what........Their STRAW label is a great big sticker that says SUCKER!!!!!

ROFLLMAOROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!1!!!!!one!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle Okay you pros, let's see you translate English to another language that isn't your home language!
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • lasttemplar
    lasttemplar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ive seen worse mistakes done than that. An example is when Saito Hajime's favorite move was translated as "kotatsu", when the original was called Gatotsu. If you dont know what a kotatsu is, I suggest you look for it in wikipedia and tell me if it looks like something that could be considered a sword technique. The dubbing of Speed Racer also comes to mind, with all the characters talking like Jimmy Stuart in order to make the lip synch work. And who could forget the mother of all bad english and the greatest translation **** up ever seen, Zero Wing and the all famous "All you base are belong to us"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

That said, I think it would be amusing to see how americans would do in China if the signs were not translated at all
  • Shinta - Lost City
    Shinta - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    At least they're trying to help.....kinda.....b:surrender
    Allons-y!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle Okay you pros, let's see you translate English to another language that isn't your home language!
    English to BR... It's easy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You all need to get away from your computers.....maybe go outside and try something new.....like not making fun of random junk like this!
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I fight water with fire

common sense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    Lorsis - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Epic translation fail

http://i.joemonster.org/i/al/tnapis2.jpg

b:laughb:victory
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Niezłe b:chuckle ale nie wszyscy TUTAJ to zrozumieją.. b:bye
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory