+1 MAG attribute ; what's it do? NEED HIGH LVL WIZ KNOWLEDGE

Taurzo - Lost City
Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Wizard
Yes i was wondering how much magic atk each +1 point added in MAG does for a Wizard? I wanna know how much more a PURE MAG wiz does compared to a LA one at higher lvls. Please help ^^
Post edited by Taurzo - Lost City on

Comments

• BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes i was wondering how much magic atk each +1 point added in MAG does for a Wizard? I wanna know how much more a PURE MAG wiz does compared to a LA one at higher lvls. Please help ^^

Difference isn't much at lower levels, but it gradually increases. I restated to LA at level 70 and noticed a 2k PvE damage diffrence. At 9x it would obviously be alot more PvE and PvP wise.

If you plan on Pking, go Light Armour at lower levels and restat at 90 (unless your rich as ****, then stay robe) .
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2009

At my level, every +1 mag point adds approximately 10 magic attack points.

I increase my magic stats (not magic attack but magic) whenever I can.
    Nearly all my gear has +magic.

My stats can be found in this thread.

I am a pure mage.
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the info ^^. That other thread is awfully handy. xP. I'm trying to see if there is a way for a LA mage to stand up to a Pure. I'm trying my hard to calculate all the info.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As a LA mage, robes are somewhat hard, but usually have low hp. The main tactic is to get them to 55-70% and blade tempest. A good mage won't let you blade tempest him at that HP, but there really aren't many good ones around.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Taurzo wrote:
    Yes i was wondering how much magic atk each +1 point added in MAG does for a Wizard?

Thats somewhat hard to tell since your weapon and your rings and stuff amplify your magic damage, so it depends a lot on your equipment...

Best way to try it and play around with stat points is probably here:

http://www.ecatomb.net/character.php

You can put stat points, lvl and everything there and see the outcome on a character sheet, you can even equip armour, weapons and stuff. Refining doesnt work tho, so you still have to guess a bit...
    Taurzo wrote:
    I wanna know how much more a PURE MAG wiz does compared to a LA one at higher lvls. Please help ^^

The old discussion again ^^
    I think in the end it breaks down to the simple point (only in my humble opinion tho):
    - Get full magic and hit hard, but die a lot (unless u can refine your gear highly)
    - Get light armour, have a lot of defense and dont die as much, but also dont hit hard (unless u can refine your weapon highly)

Ill probably get flamed by those light mages now, but im still convinced that light armour isnt the real thing for mages if you want to play your class to the best... But hey, what do i know ^^
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thats somewhat hard to tell since your weapon and your rings and stuff amplify your magic damage, so it depends a lot on your equipment...

Best way to try it and play around with stat points is probably here:

http://www.ecatomb.net/character.php

You can put stat points, lvl and everything there and see the outcome on a character sheet, you can even equip armour, weapons and stuff. Refining doesnt work tho, so you still have to guess a bit...

The old discussion again ^^
    I think in the end it breaks down to the simple point (only in my humble opinion tho):
    - Get full magic and hit hard, but die a lot (unless u can refine your gear highly)
    - Get light armour, have a lot of defense and dont die as much, but also dont hit hard (unless u can refine your weapon highly)

Ill probably get flamed by those light mages now, but im still convinced that light armour isnt the real thing for mages if you want to play your class to the best... But hey, what do i know ^^

+1 full int/robe mages ftw.....play it how its designed imo!
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    +1 there too.
    I'm going pure magic and I must say, I only died when I was doing stupid things. Wizz needs a little plan ahead and are, you can't just jump on a mob and have a tea while he makes it KO. Wizz aren't the best PvPs, but PvP depends a lot on the player. It's a 50-50 player/char. I don't care about PvP and in TW with a back-up cleric I can kick a$$ really, really hard.
    Best char in the game is probably the Cleric, at high lvl (90+) when you have enought SP to max out attk skills, with the buffs maxed out there probably no equal lvl char that can stand to him. Even knowing that, I just love my wizz!

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reitetsu
    reitetsu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Best char in the game is probably the Cleric, at high lvl (90+) when you have enought SP to max out attk skills, with the buffs maxed out there probably no equal lvl char that can stand to him.
    Just play with pwcalc.ru/pwi. For example...

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0d9aa6cc02cfc927

Do you really think that 90 cleric can hit hard through 9.6k magical AND physical def? Hard enough to deal >6.3k dmg within 10secs? Wizards FTW ^_^
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    reitetsu wrote: »
    Just play with pwcalc.ru/pwi. For example...

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0d9aa6cc02cfc927

Do you really think that 90 cleric can hit hard through 9.6k magical AND physical def? Hard enough to deal >6.3k dmg within 10secs? Wizards FTW ^_^

Since they can seal you forever it doesn't much matter how long they take to kill you. And YES they can hit hard through it.
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    thanks all for your help xP b:victory
  • reitetsu
    reitetsu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Since they can seal you forever it doesn't much matter how long they take to kill you.
    What? 0_0 I do not remember such a skill.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Plume shell for 20seconds(not a seal i know but you wont kill them with it up). if you aren't dead chromatic seal for the 10 it's down. cant kill a good cleric alone
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Spells At lev 10
    Silence Seal 16.8 sec Cooldown 20 seconds
    Chromatic Seal 33.6 sec Cooldown 40 seconds
    Elven Boon 15% to seal for 2 secs Cooldown 5 seconds

Lev 10 skill
    Seal of the God 15 secs. (reduces dmg by 90%) Cooldown 30 seconds