Need A Auto Targeting Button

Options
egypia
egypia Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Suggestion Box
Please put in a auto targeting tab so we can auto target the nearest mob. I', getting TIRED of POINT AND CLICK ****. And another thing PLEASE give us alot more range of sight. I'm getting TIRED of my dam pet always taking up 1/3 of my screen. I have to move my camera to the side just to point and click to the next mob. Pleae implament these into the game asap. thanks b:sad
Post edited by egypia on

Comments

• Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So... with auto-targetting and macros combined, you could basically bot with a single button. You wouldn't even need a mouse to grind in this game.

Sounds totally legit! DO IT GMS b:lipcurl
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Remove the macros, add a tab targeting feature. Macros are pointless anyway. "O noes I has too push 2 buton now insted of just one!!!!111!!"
  • Lithandrys - Heavens Tear
    Lithandrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I AGREE. It's ridiculous having to point and click at mobs all the time. It's all right when there is only one mob or if they are far apart, but when there is a whole group of them, it's hard to click on the right one. And it also makes it bothersome, when there are glitches in the landscape, and you click on some invisible wall/hill/rock/etc. near a mob and end up charging into it and dying. Please please GM, hear us. It's simple enough and makes perfect sense!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If all else fails, look cute....and then run like hell.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Remove the macros, add a tab targeting feature. Macros are pointless anyway. "O noes I has too push 2 buton now insted of just one!!!!111!!"

Yes, that is a very good idea. I would much rather have an auto-target button than macros.
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i have a prob too when a tank is in front of a mob, like usual

I start healling the tank, then I want to click on the monster to attack it with a spell and it takes like 5 clicks before I get him and I end up running up to the fight on accident over and over again. I wish their was a way at least to shift+click to click through the tank.

Take guild wars targeting system. c targets closest enemy while tab cycles through targets in range. If you hold ctrl while using skills it says in party chat, "I am using plum shot on wearwolf spearman!" or something to that extent. Then you party members can just hit T (for target) and they will focus their fire on the called target.

would this work as auto target:
    Stack a few iron hearts on the the tank then click auto assist? I have never experimented with it, but it seems like it would make my char run up and try to melee the monster. So theoretically I should be able to heal tank>click auto assist(since current target is tank, it should attack whoever he is attacking)>then hit skill quickly I want to use to cancel out the normal attack.
  • alerro
    alerro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The 'auto targeting' idea is what allows more and more people to use third party bot programs... why make it open forum for people to come in with gold and kill bots?

Is it so hard to click the mouse to target, if it keeps the game empty of most of the standard easy to find everywhere bot programs?

Or would you rather have 15000 bots running around all the farming areas lagging up the game?
  • BridgetF - Heavens Tear
    BridgetF - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    No auto-click button please, due to the botting problem (that was my thought long ago). But let's pick up on his second idea: more camera range. It truly is too close to my toon all the time.
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hurray for Auto Target!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    An Auto-target button would be great, but since people worry about botters, an alternative solution would be to give us the option to disable click-to move. Nine times out of ten my targetting issues aren't from something sitting in front of my target and I can't click on it, mostly I click on the darn thing, and dispite I've clicked directly dead center of the creature model, the game registered that I clicked on the ground and I just start running instead of swinging =O. If we were able to disable click-to-move, then all you need to do is add an additional click if you weren't sure you targeted the mob.
  • Jonavolaii - Dreamweaver
    Jonavolaii - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well... I see the reason for macros, as will all clerics... Running up some buffs...

We also have a HoT that stacks, I run an infinite macro to make a tank invincible while my mp holds out...

As for this button, would it target the nearest enemy? Cause I'm sure when killing some ossein gaurds its a bad idea to charge krixxix at level 30 isn't it...

I do like the disable click-to-move idea, perhaps a "On double click nearest enemy within xx with coords closest to where clicked minus height" function (Damn I've gotta stop thinking in C--)