Lag/Disconnection issues on Sanctuary

Options
Vandalarius - Sanctuary
Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Support Desk
Howdy all. Since around 2:30pm (EST) I've been experiencing an issue with lag & disconnects on the Sanctuary server. I'll get about 2-3 mins of lag & delay, then everything just stops for a good 5 mins and I get disconnected from the server. I spoke to my faction and it seems there's at least three other members it's been happening to since that time, and I'm wondering if something is up? I don't see any announcements nor comments save for in game =I and I've checked my Isp and that's fine. Any light shed on this subject would be appreciated.
Post edited by Vandalarius - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Same thing on Lost City.
    Got disconnected few times and my friends too.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sadly, the internet is like a freeway system. Sometimes everything flows good, sometimes it doesn't.

Please see these posts to help you troubleshoot networking issues:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • nessaia
    nessaia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    very strange but i can connect right now in every server on whole world, with both coasts too, but im all the time disconnecting from this game ...

For the 6 years iv played in lineage 2 on private servers, only 2 of them was wrote on code of retail l2, the rest was on l2j and ONLY 1 server was worse than this game !
    now Im playing on official server and i feel like Iv been playing on the bad l2j or beta this game :/

Its not for a discussion, Im simply stating a fact.
  • darthpanda16
    edited March 2009
    Options
    For the small handful of people having networking issues, compared to who are in the game all the time without issue (.05% or less of our users), the internet and networking issues in general, are not always fun to deal with.

Millions of possible PC configs, thousands of networking configs.

You can test your connections with http://ping.eu to our IP addresses, run traceroutes, etc.

Please take your time and read over the networking info and the links provided.

Sometimes it is something simple like a setting you didn't know about.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I checked all the issues that could possibly cause this sorry to bother you so much but i have never had this type of connection problems i keep d/cing every 2 min just like the rest of the people. I was wondering if there was probably a problem with the server because the majority of my friends in PW on sanctuary server were d/cing the same as me and at the same time.
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The problem seems to have rectified itself shortly after I made my original post =O. Chances are that perhaps a possible 'hiccup' was running rampant through internet lines as sometimes happens. I'm not sure about the others who were having similar issues but for myself, the problem fixed itself =D!
  • darthpanda16
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Globally, ISPs are working on implementing changes that they have to do for laws that take effect this year, bracing for an April 1st worm virus, throttling certain types of traffic to keep their costs down, and add to that all of the other variables that exist on networking issues.

Especially with the internet, when you have to depend on 5-50+ other computers/servers to get data to and from your computer to its destination along the way.

Our game servers are up, lest we would instantly know about it from the vast armies of players that would tell us. If our servers are having issues, or are down, we work to post here to let everyone know.

b:victory
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the info i guess that might be the problem. I have been having this problem for like 2 days and i never have lag so i guess that might be it. thank you again
This discussion has been closed.