Autorun and Rest XP

Options
natrum
natrum Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Chronicles
The big two MMORPGs (not to be named here) have auto run with the Num lock key and rest experience. Perfect World needs them too.
Post edited by natrum on

Comments

• Szhira - Sanctuary
    Szhira - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'm all for autorun but rest experience...nah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psychologist - Heavens Tear
    Psychologist - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Sooner or later with all the people coming from WoW this game is going to become WoW...no longer will it be called Perfect World.
  • Camryah - Heavens Tear
    Camryah - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I could do without either of these things. Everyone wants PW to be more like WoW, and as Psychologist pointed out, it won't be PW anymore.
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    world of warcraft sucks in my opinion

this game is better in so many ways

even in the graphics

world of warcraft looks like a poorly made american cartoon

at least PWI has atmosphere that isnt at the same level of an unimaginitive 3 year old
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thalrios - Heavens Tear
    Thalrios - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I divide my time between PWI and WoW... I gotta say I still prefer some things in Warcraft but Perfect World is quite similar to it already. Give it anymore of WoW's features? You've got a clone... which really makes it lose most of it's quality. Besides, I believe the leveling in this game is already much faster than WoW so I think to give rest xp would make it a little ridiculous.

...By the way... since when did graphics matter?
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I divide my time between PWI and WoW... I gotta say I still prefer some things in Warcraft but Perfect World is quite similar to it already. Give it anymore of WoW's features? You've got a clone... which really makes it lose most of it's quality. Besides, I believe the leveling in this game is already much faster than WoW so I think to give rest xp would make it a little ridiculous.

its a personal prefference

and i dont like wow

and if i cant feel like im in the game

i dont want to play

wow didnt do that for me
    thats all so yeah..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thalrios - Heavens Tear
    Thalrios - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    its a personal prefference

and i dont like wow

and if i cant feel like im in the game

i dont want to play

wow didnt do that for me
    thats all so yeah..

I can accept that.
    I was just hoping graphics weren't the main reason. I hate it when people shun games for poor graphics... they could be missing out on a great story or excellent gameplay.

...In an attempt to get back on topic... all you have to do is click the sky in the direction you want to go to enable auto run. I mean... where's the character gonna stop? o_o
  • natrum
    natrum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    ...In an attempt to get back on topic... all you have to do is click the sky in the direction you want to go to enable auto run. I mean... where's the character gonna stop? o_o

Clicking to run someplace is not autorun. Maybe when flying it's better (haven't got there yet) but while running it sucks. I'm talking about a key that once hit begins auto running/flying. Most MMRPGS have it.
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

Your level 23. 1-70 WoW 7days. 1-105 PWI, well lets put it this way, Blessing is highest one on HTear and she been playin since day 2. So um you tell me whats faster to level?
  • Anesidora - Dreamweaver
    Anesidora - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    PSO was really the first game to have autorun as far as the genre goes. I do agree with the autorun suggestion though. Is there not a freeware keybinding type software anywhere that can do this?

Why does everybody have to compare everything to WoW? It's kinda funny, like they've never played any other games before?
  • songuy
    songuy Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    personaly I think the auto-pathing feature in this is way better, coz now I can go afk and not worry about my char going past the point I want them at. b:thanks auto-pathing FTW!!b:victory
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Your level 23. 1-70 WoW 7days. 1-105 PWI, well lets put it this way, Blessing is highest one on HTear and she been playin since day 2. So um you tell me whats faster to level?

QFT. WoW was stupid easy to level. At least here there are worthwhile things to do, in WoW anything you did before 70(now 80) was mostly a waste of time, with a few exceptions.

I am all for rested exp, but really we already have that with training esotericas. I doubt they would negate the need for one of their biggest money makers.
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I never played WoW so I'm not sure what you mean by rested exp...unless you literally mean exp from resting?
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I never played WoW so I'm not sure what you mean by rested exp...unless you literally mean exp from resting?

Log out in a main city or in an inn at a smaller city and you get double exp for a short time, up to 1.5 levels worth if you stay logged out long enough.
  • Buknoybobo - Sanctuary
    Buknoybobo - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i like the idea of auto run but rest exp sucks.so does wow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SUPAH TINEH SUPAH SLAM!!!b:angry
    my keyboard is broken so if there are any wrong spellings then just try to understad them
  • Pointygoo - Heavens Tear
    Pointygoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm all for autorun but rest experience...nah.

we do kinna have an auto run, just click forward, and make sure u didn't click on a surface o.o
  • czakalaka
    czakalaka Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    world of warcraft sucks in my opinion

this game is better in so many ways

even in the graphics

world of warcraft looks like a poorly made american cartoon

at least PWI has atmosphere that isnt at the same level of an unimaginitive 3 year old

BULLSYEYE!!!
    +10 for this postb:kiss
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Log out in a main city or in an inn at a smaller city and you get double exp for a short time, up to 1.5 levels worth if you stay logged out long enough.

*scratches head*

So you get exp from being logged off in an inn, or stay off long enough and you get the effect of a training eso for a short time?
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • ellipsion
    ellipsion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Just take a AA battery and stand it vertical so the positive bump is pointed directly up and place it on the "w" button. You can walk away and grab a piece of pizza while your character flies toward your destination- by his/herself. That's exactly my first use of the battery method.
  • Annethoshila - Sanctuary
    Annethoshila - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Now I feel stupid. To accomplish the near-exact same thing as what I did, all one needs to do is click on someplace FAR away. Though, that would only work for clicking on areas that are a certain distance away... to get farther than that distance one would have to use my "autorun" method... or come back with the pizza and click again.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    *scratches head*

So you get exp from being logged off in an inn, or stay off long enough and you get the effect of a training eso for a short time?

teh second part be more correct.
    if you stay logged off long enough in either a city or inn, then you get the effects of a training eso for a short time when you come back and play.
    b:victory

but WoW was ridiculously easy to level lols. (me played during the burning crusade expansion not the newer expansion)
    1-70 in a month of casual play. (with a level 60, level 40, & level 30 alt at the same time.)
    b:chuckle
    70 = facemeltererer lols gah me miss chucking people off edges.
    60 = ice mage
    40 = windfury shammy
    30 = rogue. (o.O)'

(me honestly did the best with me mage in PvP but the priest was just so fun lols.) (>.<)

bleh back on topic.
    also in me opinion PWI has a better auto run feature then WoW. (we can actually have a stop point in our "autorun" combine this with a flying mount which means you won't run into anything means that PWI's auto"run" be superior.) Just get on your flying mount, whip out the map alt+left click, set altitude to 78 or something and presto.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zerelle - Harshlands
    Zerelle - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    AFK exp would only work for ppl that are able to leave the pc and the game running at night or for a long period in daytime. It would cause huge lag as well and some ppl would stop playing leaving everything on it
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
This discussion has been closed.