Cleric support?

chris132
chris132 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
Hello everyone,

I want to be a Cleric that support others, but I haven't figured out yet how the party system works.
Should I lvl with someone that is my own lvl or a few lvls higher? How high can the gap be? How should I lvl? Through party or with quests?
Is there also a lvl attached to it when I want to support others and such?
Post edited by chris132 on

Comments

• Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As far as I know there isn't a gap, but I'd say stick with parties around your lvl. If you go too high your heals and stuff wouldn't be strong enough to support the party members (provided they would even let you come along). A few lvls above might not hurt, depending on the strength of your heal and what they are fighting. You can't power lvl in PWI like you can in some games, so no need to search out higher lvl parties anyway.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    chris132 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I want to be a Cleric that support others, but I haven't figured out yet how the party system works.

Select someone, right click on thier portrait, select invite, voila! You are in a party. ( provided they accept )
    Should I lvl with someone that is my own lvl or a few lvls higher?

Either works. You want to pull your own weight regardless.
    How high can the gap be?

Generally never more than 10. Xp doesn't scale well. There really isn't anything like powerleveling in PW.
    How should I lvl? Through party or with quests?

Both. Many of your quests will require a party.
    Is there also a lvl attached to it when I want to support others and such?

Nope...you can party from level 1 on up. You won't really have any of the "cleric" skills yet but neither will they have any of thier class skills either.

Enjoy!
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Nayethe - Lost City
    Nayethe - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    My advice: If you want to be a supporter, make some friends and join a nice guild.

Making friends will be easy, since people are always looking for Clerics! And, if you are a good Cleric and know how to heal, people will PM you and ask for your help! You'll get invited to a lot of FB and TT parties, both of which can be very profitable.

Joining a nice guild might be tougher, but just talk to the friends you've made, and ask them about their guilds! Chances are, you'll find one that suits you pretty quickly!
    Nayethe - 7x Combat Cleric
    ~Reviction~
  • chris132
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for the replies :3.

I know how to invite someone though, I just didn't know how the party system works with plvling and such, but there isn't any plvling.

Any suggestions on how to do it?
    At the moment I'm just solo my quests and I sometimes get invited, but I not really ask people since I've already met a few who aren't actually nice to new comers.

I'm already in a guild, although it is not that active anymore when I got invited, probably because of the different Time Zones and holidays, etc.

Maybe some tips so that I know how to heal? Currently I'm trying to keep casting Ironheart, but then the chance is high that the monsters are coming after me and the other two healing skills aren't great in my opinion (Purehearted and Wellspring).
  • MadDawgggggg - Lost City
    MadDawgggggg - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Im a support cleric and I do quest. If you party with someone higher level than you I dont care if who whatever is level 100 its going to steal the exp. You will not get any of the exp if they kill the mob without any help. You will only get 5% Of that mob they killed. What I do to level is party with about 4 people the same level as me and get the same quest thats how I level fast. Just to give you a hint. If you want to be a support cleric than you need to upgrade the heal and buff spells. But if you want to be a solo (pvp) cleric than you need to upgrade plume shot and whirl wind all that majer dmg. Spells.

Hope I helped b:pleased
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Im a support cleric and I do quest. If you party with someone higher level than you I dont care if who whatever is level 100 its going to steal the exp. You will not get any of the exp if they kill the mob without any help. You will only get 5% Of that mob they killed. What I do to level is party with about 4 people the same level as me and get the same quest thats how I level fast. Just to give you a hint. If you want to be a support cleric than you need to upgrade the heal and buff spells. But if you want to be a solo (pvp) cleric than you need to upgrade plume shot and whirl wind all that majer dmg. Spells.

Hope I helped b:pleased

It's possible to have enough spirit to max out both heal and attack if you leave buffs at low level. People won't bother to compare stats to see if your buffs are high anyway, so they'll be happy with low lvl buff. This way, you can both solo and support.
  • chris132
    edited April 2009
    Anyone else got suggestions/tips? b:victory
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks. I created a thread in suggestions and also created a ticket and sent to GMs. Hopefully they'll see it and listen.