think u got a good deal on beautiful shards?

Foxy_pet - Heavens Tear
Foxy_pet - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
i was talking with my guild and we pretty much decided that it is not worth all the extra money to buy beautiful shards unless ur are putting them into weapons. i made the comment that if u had to have thoes few extra points to ur equipment that it would b cheaper to but all the socket stones u would need and add another socket to it. i had to set down and see if that was true.
the first shows how much each shard will add and how much it will cost. the second is how many socket stones it will take to add to ur gear and how much it will cost only in sockets. for the sake of time i rounded that each shabby cost 550 and sockets were 15k.

sockets-1.jpg

keeping in mind this is just a comparison between socketing or adding a beautiful, if ur talking armor i think it is worth socketing but weapons definately not.
Foxy b:kiss
Post edited by Foxy_pet - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You didn't take into account the added benefit of having little swirly things around your hands when you use level 7+ shards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alryn - Heavens Tear
    Alryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for working all the sums out, but for me I want at least 2 sockets in all my armor, with a beautiful shard in each. Also at least 2 sockets in my weapon with a beautiful garnet shard in each.
    Oh! but that will cost me a fortune? Yes! but that's what I spend many hours grinding for. Did I forget to mention I also want the best equipment to start with 3* no less with at least 2 sockets for my beautiful shards, not to mention good stats. But that's just my choice, that's my goal. I'm not knocking your thread though, I hope it helps others who wish to save money.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Either the math in your chart is wrong or I'm readin it wrong. Also socket stones are cheaper then 15k each, I think about 7k each at the moment.(15 for 1 gold(@110k per gold) =7.3kea )

@gems 550 each
    rough = 1650
    blem = 4950
    comm = 14850
    avg = 59400
    beaut = 237600

Nice chart.. but would appreciate more accurate numbers.

I'll say with higher level armors and weapons its easier to just upgrade with mirages and gems then waste on sockets, 1k sockets required u_u
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The math on the shards is way wrong. You correctly state that it takes 3 shabby shards to make a rough shard. But then you set the price of a rough shard at only 2 shabby, not 3. That error propagates through the rest of the shard prices.

Correct shard prices are:
    Shabby - 530
    Rough - 1,590
    Blemished - 4,770
    Common - 14,310
    Average - 57,240
    Beautiful - 228,960
    Flawless - 915,480
    Immaculate - 4,579,200
    Perfect - 22,896,000

Also, if you're going to do something like this, I highly recommend learning how to use a spreadsheet. It will take care of all the math for you. If you can't afford a copy of Microsoft Office, you can download a copy of Open Office which has an Excel-compatible spreadsheet. It'll be a useful skill to put on your resume, as well as help you manage your household finances.
  • Foxy_pet - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_pet - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ill fix this tomorrow. and yes i have office i just have never took the time to learn the different things
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So why do people sell Beautiful shards at 240k + if it costs 229k to make
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So why do people sell Beautiful shards at 240k + if it costs 229k to make

they get thoese shard in the jone event few weeks ago only cost like 100k or a GA.
    who is gthat stupid selling way cheaper then make.
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    they get thoese shard in the jone event few weeks ago only cost like 100k or a GA.
    who is gthat stupid selling way cheaper then make.

Wait, I thought it cost 229k to make a g6 shard?

Is that correct?

So are you saying its stupid to buy shards at 250k or sell them at 250k?
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, in the Jolly event, if you trade angel (40 silvers) instead of 100k, then a beautiful shard only cost around 40-50k. How's that for a good deal. That's why they call it an exploitable event.
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Angels are 30 silvers arent they? Or 29 each for a 10 pack?
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Pirce tends to get higher after event...
    A beautiful shard cost around 100-150k during the event...
    Now, after the event, it shoot up to 200-230k... which is still cheaper than if you going to made...

Now, if there's someone selling at 200k, and it required about 240k to make it, which will you choose?

For me, I will still choose to make myself I think. To gain the litttlllllleeeee xp... =P
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i dont understand people socketing 5x, even 4x armor to the point that it glows. seems like a waste of coins on armor so low. the gems themselves are worth more than the armor, and then they try to sell it for a million when they outlvl the armor and no one bothers to buy