cross race mounts

Options
AngelsGod - Heavens Tear
AngelsGod - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
who would actually like the see that happen?

:P kinda bored waiting formaint to end so made this :)
Post edited by AngelsGod - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Crucifix - Harshlands
    Crucifix - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    who would actually like the see that happen?

:P kinda bored waiting formaint to end so made this :)

Not me, for sure.

I like being able to glance at someone and know what class they are based on aviation.
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    no way!! b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Zap - Harshlands
    Zap - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Not me, for sure.

I like being able to glance at someone and know what class they are based on aviation.

What he said xD

Usally i know to stear clear just by the mount, Barbs and Venos **** me and everything else seems to be a 2-3 hit. Cross Class mounts would make me a dead archer ><
    Nuff said.
  • Crucifix - Harshlands
    Crucifix - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What he said xD

Usally i know to stear clear just by the mount, Barbs and Venos **** me and everything else seems to be a 2-3 hit. Cross Class mounts would make me a dead archer ><

Exactly my feelings Zap, anything on a flying goose, manta, or bird, I'm gone. b:laugh
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My swiftshadow is amazing. I don't need wings or swords. I don't even need another untamed flyer.
  • Sdrassa - Sanctuary
    Sdrassa - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I would like wings for my veno. But actually anything that's not a manta or a bird is okay with me. I think there are also a lot of Humans out there who get tired of the swords. Something like a flying axe or shield would be nice too I think. And for the Untamed something like a dragon? Insects? What the heck, go for a goldfish. Anything but the manta's or birds. b:victory
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hya ^^
    Off course i voted yes, but i see far far far that option =P

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • KitsuneXIII - Sanctuary
    KitsuneXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think it would be cool to have the option of using wings, mantas, or swords to fly.

(I prefer wings, myself, though =P)
  • Salvia - Heavens Tear
    Salvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I like having the aerogear unique to each class. Untamed get creatures, Winged Elves get wings, Blademasters get swords. It just seems right that they have these pairings. Switching it up would just seem odd.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=968287001[/SIGPIC]
    ________Evil is calling her name. . .and she is answering________
    _____________________"Take me away."____________________
  • Alrydian - Dreamweaver
    Alrydian - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Veno's with wings Oh No! b:laugh

I'm happy with the way things are, what is the point of being a winged elf if every other class can have wings as well. The other classes have the option of flying mounts as it is. Just seems stupid to me for everyone to be able to have wings. You might as well have birds give up they're wings and pack a suitcase and book in at the nearest Airport for the next available flight. rofl
  • Heihachii - Heavens Tear
    Heihachii - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I would like wings for my veno. But actually anything that's not a manta or a bird is okay with me. I think there are also a lot of Humans out there who get tired of the swords. Something like a flying axe or shield would be nice too I think. And for the Untamed something like a dragon? Insects? What the heck, go for a goldfish. Anything but the manta's or birds. b:victory

I like that idea, having different weapon types/shield even to ride.

Perhaps give the wizards a broom b:laugh
  • Alryn - Heavens Tear
    Alryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Veno's with wings Oh No! b:laugh

I'm happy with the way things are, what is the point of being a winged elf if every other class can have wings as well. The other classes have the option of flying mounts as it is. Just seems stupid to me for everyone to be able to have wings. You might as well have birds give up they're wings and pack a suitcase and book in at the nearest Airport for the next available flight. rofl

APRIL FOOL!! b:laugh
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Would be nice yes. Not gonna happen because it would require the devs to move half a muscle to make new animations but would be a great addition imho.

God forbid you actually get some more challenge :p
    b:dirty
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, GMs randomly use the opposite race aviation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I enjoy the uniquness with each race.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I would like to be able to use elves' wings, so to not have my manta block my vision under me.

And they would probably sell more of them.

I'll probably stay with my current black manta forever, because the other beastkind aviation are even bigger and block even more my field of vison under me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Id like to be able to fly around on a sword, looks pretty cool, and there are a definite lack of decent masculine elf wings.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The thing is that the race restricted mounts are highly attached to the plot and storyline of the game. Making these "cross faction mounts" would totally defeat the atmosphere of the race. The winged elf race was created from Pangu's spirit, the are the original flying beings and fly with wings that they have gotten from the beginning. The other races copied the "miracle of flight", the humans made flying swords and the untamed tamed animals to help them fly. These flying mounts are desinged for each race and making universal flying mounts defeat some of the game's atmospere and uniqueness of each race. I decided to become an winged elf Cleric partly because we can fly since level 1 with wings, taking this little avantage out would kinda ruin it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    you would still be able to fly at level 1, just suppose at level 30 you could change ...
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    you would still be able to fly at level 1, just suppose at level 30 you could change ...

Did you even read the first half of his post? -_-

"The thing is that the race restricted mounts are highly attached to the plot and storyline of the game. Making these "cross faction mounts" would totally defeat the atmosphere of the race. The winged elf race was created from Pangu's spirit, the are the original flying beings and fly with wings that they have gotten from the beginning. The other races copied the "miracle of flight", the humans made flying swords and the untamed tamed animals to help them fly. These flying mounts are desinged for each race and making universal flying mounts defeat some of the game's atmospere and uniqueness of each race. " ~ Tear
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol im an archer i dont like my wings id rather have a untamed or human areogear. i had a barb and i agree no one wants a wing(some might but most dont) a sword or untamed is way cooler. im not in a pvp server so i dont care if there is a barb next to me and even if i was barbs are huge i can tell the difference between a barb and a BM so it doesnt bother me.
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I would like to see this because I really feel like I have a disadvantage when resource hunting from the sky. My archer boyfriend has most of his screen clear and can see easily around his character and his wings. I have to look past this giant flying manta (why mantas by the way -_-) which takes up over 3/4 of my screen. It's annoying, and I would like to have a less intrusive mount.
  • Ratinax - Sanctuary
    Ratinax - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Blood Mist nao plox. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The thing is that the race restricted mounts are highly attached to the plot and storyline of the game. Making these "cross faction mounts" would totally defeat the atmosphere of the race. The winged elf race was created from Pangu's spirit, the are the original flying beings and fly with wings that they have gotten from the beginning. The other races copied the "miracle of flight", the humans made flying swords and the untamed tamed animals to help them fly. These flying mounts are desinged for each race and making universal flying mounts defeat some of the game's atmospere and uniqueness of each race. I decided to become an winged elf Cleric partly because we can fly since level 1 with wings, taking this little avantage out would kinda ruin it.
    balthazar wrote: »

"The thing is that the race restricted mounts are highly attached to the plot and storyline of the game. Making these "cross faction mounts" would totally defeat the atmosphere of the race. The winged elf race was created from Pangu's spirit, the are the original flying beings and fly with wings that they have gotten from the beginning. The other races copied the "miracle of flight", the humans made flying swords and the untamed tamed animals to help them fly. These flying mounts are desinged for each race and making universal flying mounts defeat some of the game's atmospere and uniqueness of each race. " ~ Tear
    I only addressed the last part of his statement that he felt it wouldnt be fair to take away an advantage that elves/clerics have in being able to fly from level 1, since i didnt say anything about the rest of his post its fairly irrelevant, though yes i did read it and didnt have an opinion on it, feel free to troll elsewhere next time.
  • SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear
    SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    [...]I have to look past this giant flying manta (why mantas by the way -_-) which takes up over 3/4 of my screen. It's annoying, and I would like to have a less intrusive mount.

Here is a tip: Zoom the camera in all the way and your manta will disappear allowing you to see the ground better.

Hope that helps.

And by the way, I personally like the untamed DRAGON(!!) and the default Elven wings :)
    My Youtube Channel:
    youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Here is a tip: Zoom the camera in all the way and your manta will disappear allowing you to see the ground better.

Hope that helps.

And by the way, I personally like the untamed DRAGON(!!) and the default Elven wings :)

I'll give that a try some time. Thanks.

The dragon is BA by the way. b:laugh
  • Fedxp - Lost City
    Fedxp - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    balthazar wrote: »

Omg, my thoughts summed up, right there!

(I vote NO)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perpetual w00tage...b:sin