Event this weekend.

Pandaberr - Lost City
Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Anyone seen the description of the event for the weekend?
Going to cause so much spam in WC b:surrender

But what are your thoughts on the event?

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/event/eventsubpage/2141
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Pandaberr - Lost City on

Comments

• MetallicFoo - Sanctuary
    MetallicFoo - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wow. All those high levels who beg like dogs for FB's on world chat are going to be on crack this weekend, I see.
    This event seems sort of poor, considering the only reason why most people do lower level's FB's is for the experience and reputation reward, it's kind of like rewarding the higher levels for what is essentially not a sacrifice, but a symbiotic relationship.
    In a word: pointless.
    Signatures are for fat, weak, obnoxious little doodyheads who sit on forums all day and think that the collection of pixels at the bottom of their typed idiocies properly perpetuates the minute details of their personalities to fellow forum-ers.

That being said, this is my signature.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Agreed. Dumb "event".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    While it's true that high level players do benefit from doing low level FBs/Dungeon Tablets, a lot of lower level players still aren't aware that such services are available. A lot of low level players have no idea what an FB is, so all the people spamming about FBs in World Chat are really ineffective.

This event is in place to provide extra incentive for high level players to go out and meet low level players. This event is here so players physically go to the three smaller cities and look for low level players to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    This event is in place to provide extra incentive for high level players to go out and meet low level players. This event is here so players physically go to the three smaller cities and look for low level players to help.

This was already happening.

I guess you did not went to the starter cities in a while eh?

Anyway, I guess the rich players will now buy lower levels FBs to win the event b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just because it was already happening doesn't mean that we can't/shouldn't reward people who participate in these kind of activities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    While it's true that high level players do benefit from doing low level FBs/Dungeon Tablets, a lot of lower level players still aren't aware that such services are available. A lot of low level players have no idea what an FB is, so all the people spamming about FBs in World Chat are really ineffective.

This event should've awarded the lower levels for sharing their FB's with the higher levels instead, if this event truly was devised with the intentions of benefiting them.
    Signatures are for fat, weak, obnoxious little doodyheads who sit on forums all day and think that the collection of pixels at the bottom of their typed idiocies properly perpetuates the minute details of their personalities to fellow forum-ers.

• Vasflam - Lost City
    Vasflam - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This event should've awarded the lower levels for sharing their FB's with the higher levels instead, if this event truly was devised with the intentions of benefiting them.

Really? I've been helping my friends with FBs and I think that this event is great.

Lets complain about anything because that's the cool thing to do!
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I feel like this event is for me b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Really? I've been helping my friends with FBs and I think that this event is great.

Lets complain about anything because that's the cool thing to do!

You completely missed my point. I criticized the nature of the event. I questioned it's motives and it's goals. I wondered why we were further rewarding players for an activity that, in itself, already offered its own rewards.
    ^Is that complaining? No! Is that offering comprehensive questions to gain further insight? Yes!
    Did I say, "omg dis is sho stuppid i am not doin it u gms SUCK you ALWAYS SUCK!!!!11111!!one!"
    ^Is that complaining? Yes! It's a baseless, dribbly, QQ-infested whine-fest.

There was a difference between my comments and complaints, a big, obvious, glaring difference. Before you judge the nature of words, I suggest you read and comprehend them more thoroughly.

• Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Only reason why I said the event was dumb was because I've heard a lot of stories about high levels "helping" lower levels with their FB's and then ganking all their drops.At the same time, I do see many higher levels helping lower levels with FB's and giving them all drops. Good for them.

@the poster who said "lets complain about anything because its the cool thing to do"

I'm entitled to my opinion, and you to yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hya ^^
    Like always say, i love the initiative for new events :) BUT(always re a BUT) this event have a little fail... the newies don't have rewards =(, off course that dont afect me bcause im not a newie but i think just this event only will benefit to high lvl ppl principally... anyway continue with that initiative staff of PWI b:thanks

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    good idea, bad execution i think sums this event up.
    a better way might to track high lvls who help lower lvls kill bosses
    ex. suzerix, dismal, slitt, krimson, kong, chin, krixx etc etc
    though you would also have to ensure that there is no money/item being exchanged for this service.
    this way the high lvls truely dont get much benefit, they actually lose money because of repair cost and potions, but hey! its helping lower lvls at their cost, much much better show of support for newbies
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    ^^I like that idea, alot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    though you would also have to ensure that there is no money/item being exchanged for this service.
    this way the high lvls truely dont get much benefit, they actually lose money because of repair cost and potions, but hey! its helping lower lvls at their cost, much much better show of support for newbies

I agree with this idea.

As for the fb, I think the computer should track the helpers in details whether they're true helpers or not since I know some "helpers" who are just after EXP and/or the good stuffs (molds and 3 stars). Even worse, some "helpers," especially for fb 19, just rushed in to the boss to kill it ASAP and left the fb person behind without finishing the mobs needed for the quest. A few times, I happened to help some lowbies with their mobs needed in fb caves although they have done their fb 19.

So GMs, please pay attention to the log and see if helpers are really helping the fb person with the needed mobs, and also the ones who give the molds/3 starts stuffs to the fb person. =)
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Ormindo - Heavens Tear
    Ormindo - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Agreed. Dumb "event".

Agreed. Why not just one or two quests ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would like to point out a few facts and interesting terms here

1) FuBen or "Call to duty" tablets provide a high level player with experience he would gain from hours of grinding in just a few minutes. It also gives a certain amount of reputation. As of this factor, FBs are famous among the players and most wanted by any high level player on the server as it benefits him/her a lot.

2) Doing the FB benefits the high level player, hence they do it. If there was no reward they would not even care about it.

For example, I walk around the 4X ~ 5X areas teaching low level archers how to build their characters and sometimes help them kill elite monsters which I can solo.
    A friend of mine and guildmate does the same, except he goes around killing players who kill these low level players and teach these low level players how to pvp and defend themselves and the rules and penalties of pvp (surprisingly this guy is from RageQuit and so am I). We hand out free items and stuff that could be useful to the players from time to time (yes we get a lot of stuff from pk drops)

3) Despite the FBs low level players require A LOT of help to fight of mini Bosses or Elite quest bosses, NOW these are more effective to be used in this event. Any player who helps the low level player to kill these Elite quest monster should be rewarded as THEY do it completely out of service and not expect to gain or profit anything out of it.

4) If you can log into an invisible character and walk around the lower level areas, you would find one or two of high level players actually teaching a new player how to play this game.

My 2 Cents
    Deciding the contest on the player who helps benefit himself rather than the low level player was just plain stupid and ****. It clearly shows that the GM(s) have 0% game play experience.

Suggestion: The next time you decide to come up with a player event such as this one, please call together all experienced players who play on various servers (I'm sure you guys have a special set of players who keep in touch with you and talk to you about the good of the game etc. and known to help others) This way, you can shine out with a brilliant event and not some stupid **** like this.

Thank you and as a sign of my displeasure for this event, I shall and you will find myself and my pk squad waiting at the entrances to these FB 19 ~ 51 (Fb 19s the most since you can't teleport into it) instances killing anything that moves as we are on a PvP server where pk is legal. You want to be THE champion of the server? lets see you earn it dude.

P.S. I'm not a rude person, I'm just mad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Is this JUST for fbs?

What about partying with lowbies and pking other lowbies and then leaving party and pking the lowbies you just helped? That's kinda helping...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have to say that I find the FB-being-extra-rewarding idea ridiculous. People are already stampeding if they catch wind of a FB39 or 51 (where it's still semi-easy for the high levels, but the rewards are substantially higher than they are for the lower FBs)... As has been said, I'd much MUCH rather see people being rewarded for helping out with world bosses. I mean - seriously... Eyes of Krimson? Jewelscalen? Chi'in the Watchman? Krixxix? I'd like to see people solo those bosses at the levels where they get the quest for them...
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    Kealani - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have to say that I find the FB-being-extra-rewarding idea ridiculous. People are already stampeding if they catch wind of a FB39 or 51 (where it's still semi-easy for the high levels, but the rewards are substantially higher than they are for the lower FBs)... As has been said, I'd much MUCH rather see people being rewarded for helping out with world bosses. I mean - seriously... Eyes of Krimson? Jewelscalen? Chi'in the Watchman? Krixxix? I'd like to see people solo those bosses at the levels where they get the quest for them...

That would be a far superior idea, as it is high levels rarely seem to be willing to help with world bosses such as culti bosses. The only way I was able to complete some of mine was by tagging along with someone being helped by their guild. Everyone else I asked would either ignore me,or say they're to busy and continue to stand there.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Shouldn't have announced this so early. The cheaters will be plvling chars to 19 for this.

Also, If it's just 1 person to win then...lol. Why not just do old fashioned exp events or something? ;o

Or increased drop rates for an hour.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2009

I have an idea / suggestion. I think this can be implemented in game.

When a level 19 player (only for Call to Duty:Xenobeast) recieves his FB 19 tabs, let the duke announce "<insert player name here> is awaiting the help of the heroes of this land to help him with his call to duty:Xenobeast" or something like that. It's assured that every beginner will know what a FB is because help finds him this way. It's a MMORPG there always someone online who can respond.

What I'm worried about is the tremendous amount of spam this player might get ^^ but hey he's getting help so I wouldn't complain.

lol just a though since we already have annoying messages already a +1 won't hurt that much, considering this is going to benefit us too. Test this for a month and see the response... if it helped, make it permanent otherwise we can always remove it.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ch2h5oh wrote: »

Thank you and as a sign of my displeasure for this event, I shall and you will find myself and my pk squad waiting at the entrances to these FB 19 ~ 51 (Fb 19s the most since you can't teleport into it) instances killing anything that moves as we are on a PvP server where pk is legal. You want to be THE champion of the server? lets see you earn it dude.

P.S. I'm not a rude person, I'm just mad.

I hope you decide to do this. What the event is all about and your add-on makes the perfect "Champion" on which ever server you are on (Lost City I am assuming) the coolest idea. It is to bad that I am uber busy with my newborn to really play anymore for the moment to be able to witness your cool addition to the Event.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Time to sell fb runs I think... hmmm maybe I will build up a lvl 19 char and sell spots for the fb... whatcha think? maybe 10k per member... hehehehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    XD@severan, that would be hilarious, the poor guy would be spammed into next week
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ch2h5oh wrote: »

For example, I walk around the 4X ~ 5X areas teaching low level archers how to build their characters and sometimes help them kill elite monsters which I can solo.
    A friend of mine and guildmate does the same, except he goes around killing players who kill these low level players and teach these low level players how to pvp and defend themselves and the rules and penalties of pvp (surprisingly this guy is from RageQuit and so am I). We hand out free items and stuff that could be useful to the players from time to time (yes we get a lot of stuff from pk drops)

This is such total bs.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Agreed. I consider this a "real" help, since there are very few benefits for the helpers.

I have no problem getting the so called "help" for FB's but always lacking real or fake help for out of Fb's bosses.
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You all should know by now that every event brings them alot of money. How does this one make them more money? It sells teles, alot of them. Hell all events skyrocket tele sells because people either are participating in the event, or whineing on world chat, wasting their money.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009

You completely missed my point. I criticized the nature of the event. I questioned it's motives and it's goals. I wondered why we were further rewarding players for an activity that, in itself, already offered its own rewards.
    ^Is that complaining? No! Is that offering comprehensive questions to gain further insight? Yes!
    Did I say, "omg dis is sho stuppid i am not doin it u gms SUCK you ALWAYS SUCK!!!!11111!!one!"
    ^Is that complaining? Yes! It's a baseless, dribbly, QQ-infested whine-fest.

There was a difference between my comments and complaints, a big, obvious, glaring difference. Before you judge the nature of words, I suggest you read and comprehend them more thoroughly.

Well lets see, the event said to help low level players. Not abuse the **** out of them till you do nothing but FBs all weekend to the point you level like mad.

That can include:
    Helping them level
    Helping them kill bosses
    Helping them finish quests

You know those things high levels are reluctant to do because it burns charms for no benefit? Like helping all those lowbies spamming WC for gouf, jewel, krimson, and kong help? Youre gunna let em rot too?

Its just a well thought out, intelligible, and coherent way to complain about nothing in an offbase manner. Go out and meet someone, you dont need FBs to help a lowbie. Whiner.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You all should know by now that every event brings them alot of money. How does this one make them more money? It sells teles, alot of them. Hell all events skyrocket tele sells because people either are participating in the event, or whineing on world chat, wasting their money.

It probably will sell a lot of teles and the people who buy them will be disappointed. As Xarfox has indirectly said, though, the payoff for the company from this event is to make high levels more effective at communicating their willingness to help to the new players. I'd guess they have seen a spike of players quitting in frustration around FB19. Some high level players have figured out that advertising "FB help" is not nearly as effective as some other ways to win the FB business of new players. This event is designed to spur innovation in that direction. Even if all it does is get people to refer to the quest with the same name the new player sees, it is helping them.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    XD@severan, that would be hilarious, the poor guy would be spammed into next week
    You know sometimes, I log into my mule (because everyone knows my main is a real prankster) and World chat

"I have FB 59 tabs and wine, looking for a squad"

and then go afk cook or watch TV. Come back and log into another mule and again World shout

"I need help with FB 59"

and go afk again.

^_^ it's fun lol, you should totally try it. Yeah you get massive spam xD the pink chat scrolls so fast you can't even see it. I'm going to be doing this a lot during the event just to **** off those high levels :3 FBs will never be the same again. (>^.^)>

;D Now I'm gonna get pk'd for this Lmao.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...