wings

Lyneris - Lost City
Lyneris - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Archer
When will archer wings not consume up mp?
Post edited by Lyneris - Lost City on

Comments

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009

At lvl 30, you'll get a quest to get non-mp consuming wings.
  • Overmind - Sanctuary
    Overmind - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Or get a cleric mp regen buff b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mahaylow - Sanctuary
    Mahaylow - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My mana wasn't consumed after I got a certain amount of magic, BEFORE lvl 30. after my mana stopped going down I stopped putting my points on mag. atm, at lvl 38, I have 20 mag.
    (Note: I don't care if I shouldn't have put points on magic, I did and I'm happy with it because with the natural elven wings, I don't loose mana)
  • jingers
    jingers Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    By the time you reach lvl 9 u should obtain flight mastery lv1 then mana will only be consumed during air battle.
  • Ironhawk - Dreamweaver
    Ironhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    jingers wrote: »
    By the time you reach lvl 9 u should obtain flight mastery lv1 then mana will only be consumed during air battle.

I'm sure that, regardless of Flight Mastery, the natural Elven wings will always consume mana without any form of + mana regeneration, whether you're in battle or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Faction: BRUTAL
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    jingers wrote: »

I don't know where you got this, but you're wrong. The starter wings will always consume 2 MP/sec. Players have 3 options:
    1.) Wait until lvl 30 and get the Eagle Wings, which let you fly for free, but don't benefit from Flight Mastery
    2.) Invest 15 more points into magic. Once your magic stat reaches 20, you gain an extra 1 MP/sec regeneration outside of battle, which means your mana regen will cancel out the mana cost of the wings (while outside of battle).
    3.) Invest in equipment that offers +MP Regen. Same effect as above, but it costs money, not stats. This is what I did and it has worked well for me so far.
  • Fedxp - Lost City
    Fedxp - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sadly, the natural wings will always consume SP...b:sadb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perpetual w00tage...b:sin
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My mana wasn't consumed after I got a certain amount of magic, BEFORE lvl 30. after my mana stopped going down I stopped putting my points on mag. atm, at lvl 38, I have 20 mag.
    (Note: I don't care if I shouldn't have put points on magic, I did and I'm happy with it because with the natural elven wings, I don't loose mana)

You'd find more use putting those 15points in dex... heck even putting them in vit and str is more useful.

To OP, don't let the mana consumption get to you... the problem becomes negligible pretty soon.
  • Ironhawk - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    To OP, don't let the mana consumption get to you... the problem becomes negligible pretty soon.

QFT. You've just got to get over that first hurdle. It can be a pain at times; especially when a Cleric the same level as you comes along and 2-shots everything.

IH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flyingasian - Heavens Tear
    Flyingasian - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Weird, I only have 10 Magic, and it didn't consume ANY mp from me.
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2009

I suspect you have some gear which increases your mana recovery.

But if you pay attention when you fight air monsters you will probably notice your wings' mana drain.
  • Ironhawk - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009

One or more of these conditions may have been met:

1. You've received an MP buff from a Cleric.
    2. Your equipment is boosting your Magic to 20 or above.
    3. Your equipment has some form of + MP regeneration on it somewhere.

Without the above, the natural Elven wings will slowly drain your MP pool; even more so if you're in battle mode.

IH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]