Money for celric?

Options
SlashyGuy - Heavens Tear
SlashyGuy - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
hey well ive been really short on money with my cleric and i was just wondering how do you guys make money? What can i do to conserve money? What should i buy and what shouldnt i buy? and last question what are the prices i should sell stuff like DQ items to people so i can make a better proffit.

P.S. sorry im new to the forums and its late so i tired and cant write well. will keep checking back
Post edited by SlashyGuy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Savabane - Heavens Tear
    Savabane - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Easiest thing to do to find out DQ item prices is to look at them in the Auction House and see what people are selling them for.

I would say if you want money do not buy Potions and Definitely do not buy Charms (unless with real $). You can meditate your way back to MP. I takes awhile but it will save you tons. Use your wings, do not teleport as it will also drain you in the end. Kite during attacks to conserve armor repairs. Pick up EVERYTHING. Grab every coin, every bolt, harvest every mine and herb. You can sell it all and it will add up dramatically in time.

Other than that make sure that when you buy weapons or armor to buy something that will last you several levels instead of some junk you will have to replace quickly. Also learn to be an Apothecary, the Powders you can make will save you BIG TIME on Potions and can save your life if you learn to use them well. Just gather herbs as you go.
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    apothecary is your friend (as already mentioned) - get herbs and make stuff yourself, sell stuff you don't need but could make from other herbs (or don't bother with them - your choice).
    and gather those mats around the herbs too, you can sell them (to npc if nobody wants to buy them)

if you're not manufacturing yourself, sell the mat drops from mobs.
    either in Auction House or via catshop, don't npc them

also: Grind on wood type mobs (poison - we love that stuff) - works best if you got purify already.

why:
    - weak to metal
    - less repairs
    - when you have razor feathers you can try aoe-killing them. you have to work out for yourself, if you're already able to do that. (at higher lvl's it gets considerable easier)

but yeah, clerics are a money-sink ...
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Grind Vipions... lol

Which type depends on your lvl, but they are generally plentiful, easy kills for robes, don't do a ton of dmg considering how fast you kill them, and have very nice drop rates. Plus poison doesn't dmg armor from what I've seen. My wand is the only thing taking a beating (from all the casting I'm guessing). An hour's worth of grinding can get you upwards of 100k in drops. More often than not I'm getting 80k or so, which is still not bad.

When you hit 40-ish and need to grind, grind the Native vipions(41) above Swiftwind. If someone else is there, those things are EVERYWHERE in the air over the broken plains with spawns from south of Swiftwind to north of Sumor. The area they cover is rediculous. lol You can grind on these for a few to several lvls with no issues. After they start getting old and not giving you much xp, you can move to the vipion sentinels(50) over Town of Arrivals. I started on these around lvl 46~47. I was going to start earlier but they still hit me too hard to be considered before then. Yesterday I went from 200 something coins to almost 200k coins between finishing one or two quests and maybe grinding for a couple of hours. Granted I'm by no means rich, but it enables me to get my charms for grinding/TW and my important skills at least! lol XD
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    one thing that works for me, is banking my money.

sure your never too far away from a banker in town, but I'm an impulse buyer and I'll buy things I won't need immediatly if it is at a good price, when I should be saving my money for much needed things at the present time. Ill just be too lazy to goto the bank to pull money out, so everytime you sell off a bunch of ****, deposit that money into the bank and see how fast it starts to accumulate. This is also good for calculating your net/gross profit per run. Start with 0 and grind, grind, grind then repair, replinish needed inv items(pots, apoths, whatever you need) and cat shop overnight if you can and dump off the rest at the npcs. Deposit your winnings and repeat it again.
  • SlashyGuy - Heavens Tear
    SlashyGuy - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hey thx so much guys. that is great help. the banking idea is great cuz i find i do that also. i didnt know auction house was option for dq items so ill do that because i cant always aford to be sitting in cat shop. the grinding idea is great and just 1 more lvl to go (hopefuly tonight) and i can have purify so poison mobs will be a good idea by then. i already meditate because of lack of pots but i just struck rich when i was earning money on veno so i have 400k :D. now just to keep it.......... anyway thanks again
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The nice thing about poison mobs is often you don't even have to purify unless you don't have a charm and they're teaming you or you hit an inc life mob. Helps to save MP if all you have to do is throw on an Ironheart every now and then.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Being a cleric means being more or less permanently broke. Thankfully, once you have the buffs and the basic heals and cyclone and plume shot and all of those other basic skills a cleric has to carry around, you can start turning a profit and not live off the scraps of newbie drops.

As has been said, grind on poison mobs or burn mobs. Anything that only does DOT, and thus something you can use your purify on. Vipions, Scrunchkins, Hexmasters and Petalis are the ones I can think of off my head that usually do DOT damage and are weak to metal.

Also, get into the habit of picking up EVERYTHING. If you fly over the starter areas, and someone hasn't picked up their drops... Snatch it. Sure, most of the stuff doesn't sell for more than 100 coins, but it can quickly add up (I usually fly away with +1k worth by making a brief stop in the starter areas). As far as you can, re-sell the more valurable stuff to players or in the AH. DQ items are particularly good for this. Arrows, too, can be sold for an easy profit.

Spend a few minutes daily in Archosaur and hold yourself updated on the average going prices on stuff. You can make a neat little profit by buying low and selling high - also check out all catshops in the starter cities. Some newbies sell stuff at ridiculous prices, such as 1-star regular gear at 130k and Mirage Celestones at 10k.