Cleric skills and what I have learned...

Options
Vikeltrina - Lost City
Vikeltrina - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
Just tossing this out there because I'm bored flying from place to place for my WQ heh.

Wield Thunder- probably the best skill a cleric has kinda long cast time but great damage!(also very good skill against Barbs and BM's in pvp)

Plume shot- good damage skill and great for increased magic resistance mobs and good in pvp against Arcane wizards/clerics/venos.(same level people i can usually sleep double spark and two/three shot with plume)

Cyclone- basically the metal damage plume shot equivelant. Slightly less damage with a slow effect add-on(good against increased physical defense mobs and good in pvp for runners or Barbs/BM's)

Thunderball- Lots of controversy here. I have this skill at level 10 and to be honest its not all that bad. Its action in pve is somewhat limited(FB's/Bosses mostly) However its a rather useful spell in pvp in my opinion. It adds another good damage spell against your Barb's and BM's and also is a DoT and i think dots are great in any pvp situation.

"Blue Bubble"- somewhat limited use but its a good ability for where its needed.

"Red Bubble"- even more limited then blue bubble but its a fun skill for the others in a group if theres more then one cleric. Helps kill bosses and whatnot quite a bit faster.

Plume Shell- to be honest i rarely use it anymore. I may pop it on if i need to run through some mobs or something or if im in a serious oh **** moment. But usually I just stick with stacking ironheart on myself and that keeps me alive just fine.

Ironheart- best heal ever stack it on someone and watch them be pretty much invincible unless whatever your fighting can oneshot you(or the person your stacking it on)

Wellspring- its ok but ironheart trumps it IMO

Purehearted Blessing- leveled this to 9 then learned its kinda worthless.

Guardians Seal- sucks pointless skill espicially if you have charms.

all the other buffs- rock!

elemental/dimensional seal- great spells for those mobs that are increased magic or physical defense. If theyre increased magic defense then all you can do to damage them is plume shot. So dimension seal them so your plumes do a lot more damage. or vice versa for for increased physical defense. elemental seal and pop them down quick with a cyclone/wield thunder/cyclone. Also again great skills for PvP. Elemental seal makes an already weak magic defense of BM's/Barbs pathetic and the same can be said for anyone who wears robes with dimension seal.

Chromatic seal- sleep skill good for pvp or oh **** moments for a small break if someone pulls too many mobs.
silent seal- dont use it much.

Purify- good for krimson, mantavip, jewelscalen and some other bosses. Only have it at level 5 and seems to do the job just fine.
Chromatic heal- AOE heal good for if the group gets caught in a mob aoe or just after the Barb does his HP buff.

Tempest- fun skill for trying to get big number single hits off or group pvp trying to finish someone off or opening a surprise attack with it. Been actually working on a 3 move combo to drop barbs/BM's consisting of full chi tempest/elemental seal then sirens kiss. That will assuredly tick their charm if they have one and likely get them well on their way to dieing.

Siren's Kiss- fast cast aoe skill been leveling it up for experiments but havent really used it a whole lot.

Razor Quills- dont use it at all

Revive- duh level 10 everyone loves you for it.

Metal Mastery- level it up so you can rock people with your metal spells period b:victory

flight mastery- dont level it up unless youre never going to get CS wings heh.

And thats all the skills I have at the moment. Hope this bit of info can help clerics out there with skill choices.
Post edited by Vikeltrina - Lost City on

Comments

• Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    very nice post.....its almost like i wrote it myself.

the one thing i wasnt sure of, and im not disagreeing, is the metal mastery. i have mine at 6 as a lvl 70 but dont want to put more into it....tho i have tons of sp to do so.

if someone or urself has a higher one and maybe can explain the effectiveness for me i may put more in there.

chromatic seal is the BOMB for taking on more then one enemy. i know i can take two my lvl without it and if a third is added in i can throw that on there and give myself a break (chrams help too lol)

IMO u have all the right skills and know how to use em right...and i bet ur loving it too b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    your opinion on most skills is useless. good job.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    the one thing i wasnt sure of, and im not disagreeing, is the metal mastery. i have mine at 6 as a lvl 70 but dont want to put more into it....tho i have tons of sp to do so.

if someone or urself has a higher one and maybe can explain the effectiveness for me i may put more in there.

Whether or not metal mastery is something to max for you is really based on how you play. You currently are getting an extra 12% damage to all your metal damage spells (so to everything except plume shot and razor feathers) because of metal mastery. If you raised it to level 10 you would get a 20% increase in damage (at your current level you can only raise it to 9 for 18% because level 10 comes at level 74). With how much most clerics use wield thunder and great cyclone doing an extra 8% every casting is very nice. It is guarenteed damage and it is a permanent increase so you never have to worry about the buff running out.

If you get most of your experience in a group as a support cleric then you may not want to worry about it, but if you are soloing for experience being able to do extra damage at no extra mp cost is really handy. I raised it every time it came up and since you say you have the extra spirit I would recommend you do the same unless there is something else you are saving spirit for (no new skills come up until level 79 so you can feel free to spend the spirit you have). Unlike other skills that you may or may not end up using, you will use metal mastery every time you cast a metal damage spell.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    your opinion on most skills is useless. good job.

Troll post. Don't be rude. It's interesting to hear more opinions on the usefulness of skills so that one can build their cleric up the way they want. As well as see what works good for other people.

I find it interesting that you actually enjoy using your seals. I never quite got up to them with my cleric alt but I looked at them and though, "the hell and I gonna use this for. ****." But I'll have to try them out when I get them and see for myself.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I just want to ask can you use Ironheart to prevent physical damage being taken?I cast this before firing off plume shot and cyclone.
    Ironheart- best heal ever stack it on someone and watch them be pretty much invincible unless whatever your fighting can oneshot you(or the person your stacking it on)

I use an enchant that prevent damage in another game I play a healer as.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Troll post. Don't be rude. It's interesting to hear more opinions on the usefulness of skills so that one can build their cleric up the way they want. As well as see what works good for other people.

only an idiot would think i'm trolling.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Why do you feel the need to respond to him? Now he's all excited. Down boy.b:pleased
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    guess you don't pvp much
    Plume Shell- to be honest i rarely use it anymore. I may pop it on if i need to run through some mobs or something or if im in a serious oh **** moment. But usually I just stick with stacking ironheart on myself and that keeps me alive just fine.
    without this you're meatshield 1-3 shots to WB, WR, and perhaps 1 shots crit to EA
  • BridgetF - Heavens Tear
    BridgetF - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    WB? WR? EA? Do I need to understand this? English please?
  • kaichiro
    kaichiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My understanding is those are initials to the race/job as used in previous versions Aka EA = elven archer
  • Vikeltrina - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    actually like i said unless i can get one shot(which people my own level simply cannot do) high 8x and above can one shot me but 7x and lower cant one shot me so really i dont use plume shell that often and ironheart does the job just fine. In most pvp fights i get into i spam ironheart on myself for a while wait for whoever is attacking me to burn through their spark/cooldown skills then counter them and usually win.
  • Vikeltrina - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i should also add that i am a light armor cleric. That tactic probably doesnt work too well for arcane cleric against BM's, barbs, and Archers
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    WB? WR? EA? Do I need to understand this? English please?

It's engrish :p
    WB = Werebeast aka barb
    WR = Warrior aka bm
    EA = Elf Archer

Remnant terminology from PW MY-EN.
    b:dirty
  • BridgetF - Heavens Tear
    BridgetF - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks a lot Ninnuam.
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I agree with you, but I would love the aoe skill razor feathers. I would think that it would be a good finishing blow that also attacks a nearby monster to start off your new sequence attack. You would have to be carefull not to aggro too many but I love to use it on the DoT monsters because even if you aggro 2-4 with the feathers, you can still tank their ranged poison attack.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i'm laughing at some of your remarks tho :d

plume shield not usefull? u gotta be kidding me ?
    u never did TT runs?
    u never PK ed?
    u never TW ed?

>_<

and the razor feathers come on it's your basic skill to aoe grind b:pleased

so yeah
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]