Cleric worth the money ?

Options
xinderbirx
xinderbirx Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
I am a lvl 65 cleric and the cleric skills are so expensive to lvl.

Is cleric worth spending so much money on ?

Or i should make a veno with herc and phoenix
Post edited by xinderbirx on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    veno are as much as I know the cheapest class of all so if u want to do it sure

im not a very high lvl but i always somehow get the money and spirit i need so i wouldnt do it cuz i lowe clerics ^^
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Umm, all cleric skills maxed are WAY cheaper than herc and/or nix. And veno skills cost too. Money's obviously of no issue here, so I really don't see a point to your question. If you enjoy playing a cleric, stick with it, if not, roll a veno and see how you like it.
    b:dirty
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    oh i forgot this you can see all skils of any clas in PWI and the cost for each lvl of it have fun ^^
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Huyidao - Heavens Tear
    Huyidao - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's easier to make money with a veno. Venos also spend a ton, but solo-ing is less frustrating. What I dislike about clerics is that they are expensive to maintain compounded with high expectations from squad-mates. Just as an example, in TT's, clerics need to BB at aoe bosses or spam heal the barb. That's pretty heavy pot usage, and should the squad die, the cleric is the only one going to town. At the end of the run, a few squads know that clerics cost a lot, so they pay more for death/BB cleric, tank, and subbers, but most squads do not follow that. Clerics are still fun to play, but expensive.
    Sagacious Guild - Heaven's Tear
    Forums: z3.invisionfree.com/Sagacious/index.php?act=idx
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes...Cleric skills are expensive...but so worth it!

After level 60, there really are no new skills so you really don't have to spend the money but can save for later (however, this is the time to upgrade some of the ones you may have been putting off).

Several of your skills should already be maxed at this point (Plume, Cyclone, Ironheart, Plume heal, and at least 2-3 of your buffs...and hopefully you have Regeneration Aura -- Heaven's Wraith can wait if you do not have the funds but it can and does help)

New skills do not open again until level 79. So, there is still time to make the money...

As far as veno's go....You are looking at a TON of coins to get the nix/herc...unless you want to spend about $250 in real money for the pet packs.

Good Luck!

PS.....if u want roll a veno and grind it and send the money to your cleric....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Tabasco - Dreamweaver
    Tabasco - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    xinderbirx wrote: »

Do you love playing your cleric? Roll another toon and see how much/little you miss your cleric. If you really like that character, then it's worth it.
  • xnrieya
    xnrieya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have a level 53 veno (saving up for a herc) and believe me when I say I have money problems too. For one thing, you have 2 veno types - mage and foxform. I don't know why, but it took me 50 levels to realize I don't need my foxform skills cause I don't use it AT ALL! And that equals to a couple of x00k and Spirit down the drain... That in turn, means that I have to save even more and wait even longer to get my herc! And when I do get my herc, it only eats meat which players sell from about 1000+- each! Then there's the mage veno skills that I have to worry about... So idk, it probably is my fault that I spent a lot, but contrary to popular belief, veno's aren't really cash cows.. That is until you reach the high levels, but let's save that conversation for another day...

Recently, I just started a cleric and I am enjoying playing it. I might actually abandon my veno and make my cleric my new main.

So, like the other players above me said, it all comes down to personal preference. Try the veno out if you want to, if you like it then by all means, play a veno, see if you like it better than your cleric. But in the end, the amount of coins you have don't really matter. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ive never had much of a problem funding my cleric with money (only char no alts)

Spirit on another hand is a totally different story.

The only way I can keep up with my spirit cost for skills killing same lvl or slightly higher levels til i am 50% of my level. Then I will drop down to mobs 3-4 lvls lower than me that I can kill in 2-4 hits w/o taking damage. This killing goes alot faster and while I donot level very quickly the spirit seems to build up much faster. I do this until I can afford all skills for my level I need to up, and then I go back to mobs of my lvl or greater (better drops)

As for money advice, sell all dq items, keep all mats to cat shop. Don't craft much or prepared to be broke. Sell your first few mirage celestones for 35-50k depending on server and that will give you a nice boost to afford skills/pots/whatever you need for the time being.
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Cleric skills are worth it though i did not have much trouble earning the coins for it.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It has to do with playstyle. Pot eaters will burn through coins, meditators won't have problems. Spirit will be tight no matter what.
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I got an cleric in 51 and a veno in 42. It gives big difference between an veno and a cleric in everything. The bigest is for sure the money. If you won't manage ( like many people don't ) to find a way how to make a lot of money with an cleric ( skills and mp usage use tons of coins or tons of time to get flowers - focus powder ), then get better a veno. They are basiclly in everything way more easy as clerics. No problems to find mobs to grid, much, much less problems with mp.....and you have always coins. Clerics are in this game simply terrible to play for many people. No wonder that there gives so many venos outside, they are simply easy to play, to lvl, make coins with them.....i quess clerics are the most difficult to play in this game.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I dont find it like that. I rather find it easy until you have to kill metal based mobs. Even with psy mobs, 1IH at right time you end up full health after.
    Coins come and go. 1h collecting herbs, you are set all day. Buy pots and combine that with meditation, again no big problem.

Only time when it is a problem are FB's and TT's
    b:dirty
  • Miss_Jevith - Lost City
    Miss_Jevith - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I can say that i have a 64 lvl veno on Lost City and believe me too its too expensive getting and herc or a nix (and more expensive feed them). I have now a Cleric lvl 48 and killing evolved vipions (up skull mountain) i got nice drops and in two hours i can get 200k aprox, but problem is not in how to obtain money... problem is how to get "SP" to get skills b:cry
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I can say that i have a 64 lvl veno on Lost City and believe me too its too expensive getting and herc or a nix (and more expensive feed them). I have now a Cleric lvl 48 and killing evolved vipions (up skull mountain) i got nice drops and in two hours i can get 200k aprox, but problem is not in how to obtain money... problem is how to get "SP" to get skills b:cry

Every time someone necros a thread, god kills a kitten.

Please think of teh kittens before posting.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

b:angrythsi is the second thread in the cleric discusion u necroed todayb:angry

USE UR BRAIN....... -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    for today?

what about yesterday, the previous day, and the days before it...

poor kittens -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    xinderbirx wrote: »
    I am a lvl 65 cleric and the cleric skills are so expensive to lvl.

Yes, they worth it. but remember to be a veno with herc and nix you need to spen A LOT of money to get those pets. they cost like 30m ingame money with the current gold prices. as for a cleric, you will love your dmg when you get higher lvl and have your skills maxed b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If a cleric says they wanna meditate each time on a frost city run, KICK THEM >.> meditation can only work in certain situations

If you wanna cheap out go veno. One time payment of 400-450$ or 30-40M and youll get something that lasts you forever. Get 2 tomes that cost 600k for each pet and your set.
    Of course loyalty youll have to probably give from time to time which costs money but
    Compare;
    I just burned a platinum MP charm that costs 1.7M in 1.5days b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I just burned a platinum MP charm that costs 1.7M in 1.5days b:bye

I choose the cheap way, I use apoth pots Concentrated orb that recovers 100 mp/second for 10 mins b:chuckle
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got an cleric in 51 and a veno in 42. It gives big difference between an veno and a cleric in everything. The bigest is for sure the money. If you won't manage ( like many people don't ) to find a way how to make a lot of money with an cleric ( skills and mp usage use tons of coins or tons of time to get flowers - focus powder ), then get better a veno. They are basiclly in everything way more easy as clerics. No problems to find mobs to grid, much, much less problems with mp.....and you have always coins. Clerics are in this game simply terrible to play for many people. No wonder that there gives so many venos outside, they are simply easy to play, to lvl, make coins with them.....i quess clerics are the most difficult to play in this game.

X_X' most diffucult? DX my main is a darn robe wizard. also when comparing my wizard to my cleric. being the cleric is sooo much more easier just squad up there killing problem solved. easier to find squads when your a cleric. b:victory

also noooes teh poor kittens. yay less kittys to eat me and me kind later on. DX but still nooes~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    X_X' most diffucult? DX my main is a darn robe wizard. also when comparing my wizard to my cleric. being the cleric is sooo much more easier just squad up there killing problem solved.

Thats true buuuuut... I think cleric is most difficult when it comes to instances and squads.
    Keep an eye on squads hp, tanks hp, your hp, purify, spam heals, dont pull agro, revive dead people, do all that at the same time? lol
    Guess that was meant with difficult :) If you wanna be a *good* cleric, you really need to have experience and be smart else your squad ends dead :P
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would say about the same as Wiz. and if it were me I would concentrate on my mian as for you that would be your Wiz.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thats true buuuuut... I think cleric is most difficult when it comes to instances and squads.
    Keep an eye on squads hp, tanks hp, your hp, purify, spam heals, dont pull agro, revive dead people, do all that at the same time? lol
    Guess that was meant with difficult :) If you wanna be a *good* cleric, you really need to have experience and be smart else your squad ends dead :P
    i find sadistic glee in letting 'invincible' Leeroys die in my squad :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lalalie - Heavens Tear
    Lalalie - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Clerics fail major for money making. It's about what you want. If you want a char that can make money then veno is your deal. Next BMs with their efficient AOE grinding skills.

But if you like your class you deal with it and save the QQ for the QQers.

Skill wise...we have alot but get essentials first (max buffs then heals then attks--in the order most important to you...buffs should be first though)
    Lala: aka Jedi PewPewMastaSauce
    Lalalie - Cleric - 8x (main)
    Lalaeli - Blade - 62
    Lalaelia - Veno - 38
    Lalalae - Wizard - 28
    Lalapop - Archer - 42
    Lalalia - Cleric - 26
    Laelala - Archer - 6 ( xD )
    Lalalio - Barb - 4 ( xD )
    Laelalia - Veno (deleted - RIP :O) - 12
    Lalalioz - Barb (deleted - RIP :O) - 3
    ~~~~Teh Lalas will overtake you b:chuckle b:pleased
    Teh Lovely Lady Lala Loves You All <3 b:kiss

My. Pew. Pew. Is. Strong(er than yours)
    (Ego is an understatement)--Epic Long Siggy ftw b:victory
  • cyborgtemplar
    cyborgtemplar Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I run a combat cleric mostly atacks, i grind money rather easy with dq drops. buy some focus powders or mats for em and ur mana is set for awhile cheaply. and even in TT if you have a few spare pots to make up for what ur apoth isn't doing ur fine. it's all about how you grind. raise attacks and regen/matk buffs first if you want to make money quickly. kill mobs before they reach you and you'll be fine on life. and as mentioned earlier one IH (2 if their elites) and you'll live fine. The only problem with clerics is sp and if you do TT and rb's all the time in which charms arent necessary but highly recomended to be safe. It's a great class all around it just takes some getting used to. Take some time and figure out a cheap way to keep mana up (apoth works well) and ur only problem will be sp from then on.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i find sadistic glee in letting 'invincible' Leeroys die in my squad :D

Oh like in 'Ill pretend to be 100% focused on tanks hp but am laughing my butt off while the idiot dies slowly" ? XD
    Sometimes those guys just gotta learn the hard way :)
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]