best tank pet?

quamber
quamber Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
so i saw this player shop sporting the msg "best tank pet".. and ive heard among players that it is a good pet tank or what ever.. anywhoo..

i still have the scorpian u get at lvl 3 and its lvl 18.. its stats are far better then this "crystaline magmite".. so scorp lvl 18 has more damage more phy atk, more phy res and mag res and more hp.. where as the lvl 17 magmite dude, who looks to be a big brut.. has lower damage, a significant amount lower, lower HP, lower mag res, but the phy res is kinda the same..

im tempted to just keep my scorp instead of using this "best pet tank".. so anywho.. i guess im just wondering if the pet is actually worth it.. cause so far my scorp rocks my socks.. but the big dude only Looks cool to me..

any feedback would be awesome.. no flamers:mad:

lotsa luv =]:)
Post edited by quamber on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Magmites are generally known as good tanking pets. The reason your scorpion has more damage and etc. is because lower level pets raised up will generally have better stats than starting level pets. However, if you do take a magmite and raise it, the stats should be better, at least tanking wise.

There's another post in the Venomancer board discussing Crystalline Magmite vs Volcanic. That topic has pics of the full loyalty stats of each, so feel free to compare your pet with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittychan - Heavens Tear
    Kittychan - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The scorpion definately has lower physical resistance and hp than the golem. However, it has high attack. Golem is better for tanking, scorpion better for attacking.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Or try for the cute and adorable lil' polar bear!! They don't suck either, and offer a bit more damage I believe.

For tanking magic mobs, I believe the lil' froggy has some of the best magic defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiery - Lost City
    Fiery - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Never use the dodo bears, they have almost the worst attack a pet can offer.

Golem is by far way better than the scorpion when it comes to tanking abilities, it wins in pdef, HP(i think mdef too). Scorpion is rarely used by Venos, but some do choose to use it for its higher moving speed and a tiny bit more attack(not noticable) than the golem for pking.
  • quamber
    edited September 2008
    so basically what that means is.. my scorp Seems better because it is more loyal? its at max loyalty, where as the magmite dude is just tame..

so if i raise magmite dudes loyalty, he will get better stats?

god i hope so.. tryed using magmite dude and he got me killed.. idk sems like my scorp kills and deals way more dam, and survuves longer.. or perhaps because ive been using scorp for so long that ive become acustomed to him, and now gotta get used to the boundaries of my new pet.. =/

lol.. thanks for the info =]
  • quamber
    edited September 2008
    on another note.. i do not plan on Pking or PvPing.. dont rly care for it much not my style, more of a PvE gal myself.. if that matters any...

ill only pvp if its like a guild war or something.. and even then its not to my liking.. lol.. if there r those things in this game, i havent a clue yet =]
  • Kittychan - Heavens Tear
    Kittychan - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, pet loyalty is an important factor. At 0 loyalty, pets receive 50% of the normal exp and do 50% damage. At full loyalty, they receive 150% exp for each kill and attack at 120% power.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's becuase you're comparing a trained pet to a pet at its initial level. If you're bored enough, level them both to 30 or 40, I'm sure you'll notice the difference by then. At its initial level, there haven't been enough level ups for you to see the growth chart effects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    quamber wrote: »
    so basically what that means is.. my scorp Seems better because it is more loyal? its at max loyalty, where as the magmite dude is just tame..

so if i raise magmite dudes loyalty, he will get better stats?

god i hope so.. tryed using magmite dude and he got me killed.. idk sems like my scorp kills and deals way more dam, and survuves longer.. or perhaps because ive been using scorp for so long that ive become acustomed to him, and now gotta get used to the boundaries of my new pet.. =/

lol.. thanks for the info =]

Switching pets suddenly may be a bit overwhelming. Just remember to get the pet to tank and heal the pet when necessary, lol. And of course, watch out for your surroundings.

Just baby it for awhile, and you'll notice the difference soon enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    obviously the crystalline magmite golem^^
    hehe no comparison!!
  • rwerew
    rwerew Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    best tank pet will be sold in the zen shop with all full stat,(speed life def, ect and 4 best skills include), but chinese server will cost like 800 zen to get it.I am not sure here how much.
    I cant remember the name I guess a lot players will knew it
    best pk pet is phonix this one is i know.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    rwerew wrote: »
    best tank pet will be sold in the zen shop with all full stat,(speed life def, ect and 4 best skills include), but chinese server will cost like 800 zen to get it.I am not sure here how much.
    I cant remember the name I guess a lot players will knew it
    best pk pet is phonix this one is i know.

I think its the giant turtle, or whatever it is. Man, 800 ZEN, I'd totally pay that price. $8, xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Max - Heavens Tear
    Max - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Dont mix best TANK pet with best DMG pet
    For tanking purposes, the golem (in any variation) will ALWAYS be better than any other creature.
    For dmging purposes, you have LOADS of options, and yes, the scoprion is one of the best.

As you readed above, the difference between a lvl 18 Volcanic Golem and a lvl 18 Scorpion, is that your scorpion has been trained since u tamed it. The golem lacks that, cause it was probably tamed and put it out for sell.

Keep the scorpion, lvl the golem for at least 5 lvls. Then lvl the scorpion for 5 lvls and compare.

The loyalty is WAY important. Once u get the golem (or any pet) fill the bar with oil, and then mantain it feeding the pet with water.

Golems are best for tanking. And thats all about. ;)
    Max - Synesis
    Sage Axe BM Lvl 89
    Heavens Tears Server b:cool

[SIGPIC]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/NightCrawler81/dethklok_render_bg-2.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Boniu - Lost City
    Boniu - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    dodo bear is good for pulling considering its speed and def. dog is a lot faster, but def is low.
  • quelfish
    quelfish Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I switched pets often, my final pet having been a Treeline Wolfkin because I think it's the most adorable piece of fluff out there. But I saw everyone ushering around a Magmite and I thought, what the heck, let's try one. So I bought one and it sucked at lvl 17 compared to my lvl 27 wolfkin. But being stubborn, I decided to lvl it anyway, I mean, I can always restore it again if it's a piece of ****. It's lvl 22 now, and low and behold, it's better in most ways but speed than my wolfkin and it's still not the same level... So I think once it's gotten lvl 27, it will definitely own my wolfkin. So my Magmite's for the keeps =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • excellerent2
    excellerent2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i have a level 72 volcanic magmite that i have had since i was level 18
    it now has almost 6982 phys def, 4655mag def, 2193 phys attack, 2346 hp
    it is a good pet and can tank a lot (solott some bosses)
    however if you can afford it, herc is by far the best land pet, because of its self buffs for def, cost 9999 source of force (if even 2.5k each= 24,997,500coin!!!)
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    golem is what u need no problems tanking 2-2 solo but hercules is for teh win u can solo tt 1-2 at lvl 70 in squad mode :)
  • Foxygirlx - Raging Tide
    Foxygirlx - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    idk i've heard that glacial walkers are the best for pets.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ok, this is one of those situations where even i have to complain about the necro. all the information in this thread is genuinely outdated, ever since the rising tide expansion was released --- and that was ages ago, now. pay no attention to anything in this thread, and hope the mods close it soonish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    idk i've heard that glacial walkers are the best for pets.

Verily, it is my belief that this is a necro.
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    haha the best part of this thread is the fact no one mentions a herc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    dex4life wrote: »
    that my friend is hank hill. he sells propain and he never fails

go away troll and never come back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011

oh you just posting this picture in every thread isnt trolling right? sigh i hate morons like you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• dex4life
    dex4life Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    oh you just posting this picture in every thread isnt trolling right? sigh i hate morons like you.

b:victory
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    b:victory

dont worry you will get banned soon. and hopefully it will be perma
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• dex4life
    edited February 2011
    dont worry you will get banned soon. and hopefully it will be perma

Yes ban me so i can make another account and post more hank hills b:chuckle
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Yes ban me so i can make another account and post more hank hills b:chuckle

man your stupid you do realize they can ip ban you right noob? sigh go away and never come back and make everyone happy. anyways im going to sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• dex4life
    edited February 2011
    man your stupid you do realize they can ip ban you right noob? sigh go away and never come back and make everyone happy. anyways im going to sleep.

goodnight b:bye
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    haha the best part of this thread is the fact no one mentions a herc

Well, that would be because the pre-necro part of the thread is pre-herc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
This discussion has been closed.