Best BM build for PvE-ing?

ganshin
ganshin Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Blademaster
Im making a BladeMaster, and i think im going to be fighting mobs most of the time (im not really a PvP/Pk-er). I think the builds im going for is either Axe or Polearm, but im not sure which is better for PvE. Im guessing that Sword/Blade is PvP oriented, Axe is full PvE, and Polearm is kind of a mix...Is my assumption correct? Thanks.
"Tell me something I dont know."
"...without mucus your stomach would digest itself."
b:embarrass
Post edited by ganshin on

Comments

• Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ganshin wrote: »
    Im making a BladeMaster, and i think im going to be fighting mobs most of the time (im not really a PvP/Pk-er). I think the builds im going for is either Axe or Polearm, but im not sure which is better for PvE. Im guessing that Sword/Blade is PvP oriented, Axe is full PvE, and Polearm is kind of a mix...Is my assumption correct? Thanks.

no...pole arm is PvP. but sword and blade are balanced they are mixed between the teo. axes you got spot on. and fist is PvE as well but you might want to go with axes because of the amount AoEs you can do.
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Dual blades and Dual swords with fists is my advice since they are atribute points related, as well they complement each other pretty well with duals great for single melee opponents and fists good for several opponents and mag mobs.

However, any built you pick played properly should give you good results.

Axes is the most popular and it must be for a reason.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Any weapon (besides fist) works for everything: PvE, PvP, TW, PK.

If you AoE at PvE (the fastest leveling past level 6x-7x+) then Axe is at the first place, being Polearm the second.

1 vs 1 PvE any of the 3 works well, just that usually Sword is the most comfortable. Polearm works good too; however, if you get a Polearm with 5m range then it won't be that comfortable.

So...

If you know you will be doing just PvE, then I suggest you Axe for AoE'ing and Polearm/Sword for 1 vs 1 mobs.

Or just Axe.
  • ganshin
    edited March 2009
    Special thanks to Ganiju, Granrey, and Lyndura for your help.
  • ganshin
    edited March 2009
    Barbarians only get Axe Mastery, right?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Barbarians only get Axe Mastery, right?

I was told that in another tread.b:victory
  • ganshin
    edited March 2009
    If Im mainly going to PvE is BM my best bet? I've been going between BM and Barbarian for the class i want. And i dont really need AoEing but i want to be able to FB and train efficiently with whichever class i choose...or is it totally my decision because they are both good at PvE-ing? Thanks b:thanks
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It depends on what job you want to do in a party. Barbs are generally looked at and built to be primarily tanks. BM's are looked upon as DDers with the ability to tank if needed. Also it's been my experience that the damage output of a BM outdoes that of a Barb in party or solo. I've yet to meet a Barb who strictly goes into a party as a damage dealer =O so in my opinion if you want to just tank anything that's thrown at you, then roll a a barb. If you want to throw down some damage, but still have the option to tank if the need arises, roll a BM. There's other aspects of each class to look at here but those are some of the main one's to look at when deciding between the two
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm a BM, and I can tank any FB up till my level, with little, to no problems at all.

Also, Axes aren't "full PvE". Don't listen to Ganiju. Axes are good for PvP as well. High damage skills, plenty of AoE's to hit multiple enemies, stun locking, etc. Although they're slow, but who actually melees people in PvP?