PvP tactics

Porta - Dreamweaver
Porta - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
I am looking for skill use against specific classes, for example, which skills should I use in which order against a bm?
I'm full magic minimum strength and im not restatting, I don't want skill point advice just which skills work best in which order against specific classes.
Thanks for any input you may have
Post edited by Porta - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    full magic? prepare to be killed easily by bms lol. I suppose u could try using ur element seal, then use chromatic seal, and hopefully pull a tempest on us. It may work if u get the jump on the bm, but if u give them any chance to stun u, full magic cleric is dead.

Also wear as much hp + equip and shards as u can get, or ur combo will never work in pvp.
  • Porta - Dreamweaver
    Porta - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    full magic? prepare to be killed easily by bms lol. I suppose u could try using ur element seal, then use chromatic seal, and hopefully pull a tempest on us. It may work if u get the jump on the bm, but if u give them any chance to stun u, full magic cleric is dead.

Also wear as much hp + equip and shards as u can get, or ur combo will never work in pvp.

i did ask for skill advice right? not build or equip?
    obviously i need hp and def from equip im asking for "clerics" who pvp to give some insight on how they kill specific classes
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=175931

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=226762&page=2
    ^ Response #14 and on

These give some insight on fighting against other class/armor types.
  • Cookie - Dreamweaver
    Cookie - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i did ask for skill advice right? not build or equip?
    obviously i need hp and def from equip im asking for "clerics" who pvp to give some insight on how they kill specific classes

If I'm correct he did tell you which skills to use.
    maybe you should read it again (=
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    bm > chromatic seal, plume shell, wield thunder, thunderball, cyclone, wield thunder, cyclone

if they're not dead, often enough they're pure vit builds and wont do enough damage to kill you anyways

archer > chromatic seal, plume shell, cyclone, wield thunder, cyclone

same as above, if they didn't die, they have too much vit to do enough damage to kill you anyways

mage > chromatic seal, advanced spark, razor feathers

usually a 1 hit, if not, just spam plume shot

barb > why would you 1v1 a barb anyways? just use any and all elemental skills you can throw at 'em and hope to god you do 10k dmg in 10 seconds.

cleric > pray they don't sleep you first and use your razor feathers/plume shot

veno > try your hardest to 1 hit before their bugged pet tries to hit you
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    bm > chromatic seal, plume shell, Elemental Seal, Double sparks, wield thunder, cyclone and bam.. 2 shots with no hiero

archer > chromatic seal, Elemental Seal, Plume Shell, Double Sparks, Thunder WEILD, cyclone, plume shot to finish his/her left over hp

mage > chromatic seal, both phys and magic seal, purify yourself, double spark, Thunder weild(most mage if they play smart they would go LA at 70 and back to robe at 90), Cyclone, plume shot

usually a 1 hit, if not, just spam plume shot (MY ****)

learn to pvp plz
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    what would -30% mdef do to someone with.. almost no mdef? and double sparking isn't a requirement. that combo kills bms just fine.

the skill in pwi is called "Wield Thunder", not "Thunder Weild".
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    good choice for playing on PvE server^^ .. carebear
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    good choice for playing on PvE server^^ .. carebear

sorry, i actually level my skills b:surrender
  • NigelDamas - Lost City
    NigelDamas - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Though it may warrant some "coward!" outcries, a good strategy is always to keep moving. I can take out a bm of my level or a few higher provided that I'm able to jump, and not in a tiny confined space. For instance (please excuse the pun), I'm completely screwed in an instance.

Cyclone is great, cause while you're waiting for your sleep and stun skills to cooldown (or to get enough chi to cast) you can slow your opponent, run a bit, slow again, and then rinse and repeat with a few thrown in heals. Always make sure to take advantage of being able to stack ironheart. However, if you happen to be pking as opposed to duelling, make sure you target yourself. Otherwise, you'll be banging your head against the keyboard. I don't think that there is any exact formula really for fighting other classes, but there are a great number of skills that are better utilized against certain classes ( say bm or mage) as opposed to others.

All boils down to though, is how you and your opponent plays it out. And remember, it's a game. So don't start breaking out the real-life bazookas just yet. :D
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This was actually informative and helpful, thanks guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aliaza
    aliaza Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    in my experience, which isnt much.. blademasters and barbarians are easy kills. im lv 51 and against a lv 45-50 barb or blademaster i just use 1 ironheart and then plume shell. they hit me for between 100-200 at most and ironheart heals it all back every second, you basically cant be touched in pvp by any meleer at my lv.

and since im pure int, my mp lasts more than long enough to wipe them out even with plume shell active for the duration of the fight

of course i have no idea what its like at higher levels, and ive never used charms of any sort and never battled anyone using them either
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I am looking for skill use against specific classes, for example, which skills should I use in which order against a bm?
    I'm full magic minimum strength and im not restatting, I don't want skill point advice just which skills work best in which order against specific classes.
    Thanks for any input you may have

Assuming you jump on them that's what I would do...
    BM> wield thunder to make his charm tick > sleep > double spark > wield thunder > paralise to keep him in distance > cyclone > spark > wield thunder.

Barb (sorry haven't fought a barb with charm yet but what I would do is....) > wield thunder or tempest for the cursed charm > paralise > double spark > wield thunder > sleep > spark > wield thunder > cyclone

Archer > wield thunder for the charm > sleep > tempest > cyclone > plume shot (usually they die with a tempest and a cyclone)

Mage > plume shot for charm > sleep > razor feathers > plume shot

Veno > plume shot should be enough to tick the charm > sleep > tempest > cyclone if they're LA. if they're robed sleep > razor feathers > plume shot

Cleric > plume shot > sleep > razors > plume shot

That's how i attack, don't ask me how to defend cuz i have yet to take a hard enough hit (to be more exact I got hit by a veno nearby that was trying to defend her friend so that 500 dmg wasn't really enough to make me worry)
    Note: I never PK grounded, always coming from the air.
    2nd note: in all cases i didn't need the whole combo but that's how I would contnue it, if you can't kill them withtin 5 seconds (charm's cooldown) the battle is lost i think, that's what makes barbs so hard to PK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]