Can a Cleric solo FB?

Options
ghui
ghui Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
I heard that a lvl4X(or even lower) veno will have no problem soloing a FB19 without charms and stuff like that, but how about clerics? Will they be able to solo FB, considering that the FB is many lvl lower, without the aid of a charm?
Post edited by ghui on

Comments

• Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i never did any fb solo as a cleric until lvl 50....and i still brought a cleric with me to be sure i could.

since then i have solod many fb 19's. The ability to solo an fb boss (and this goes for every single class) is the knowledge of the boss, what type of attack, ur own stats and equipment and the knowledge and use of ur skills. i personally wouldnt advise a cleric lvl 4x or lower to attmept it unless they are extremely bored want a repair bill and possible death.

with me for every fb 19, i use a few spams of iron heart to get started, then i have time to blast him with plume and magic attacks. really iron heart is what helps us tank some bosses, and in other games the cleric is the tank. Personally i wouldnt make it a goal to be able to solo bosses, our job is support and we're needed...but we can do the job if a tank is doing something higher level. I refuse to go into the whole light armor nonsense and the ability to tank bosses, i will tank what a magic based cleric can tank at my lvl and not aim for more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MadDawgggggg - Lost City
    MadDawgggggg - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes a cleric can only solo the Boss if its magic defense like in orchid temple there is the boss named Krixx and that boss is ment for a cleric to tank it. Bceause it used magic spells against no physic.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you have a mana charm [which makes plume shell very usable] then fb19 is quite soloable at 40. The bosses in all fb19s use physical attacks, so spam plume shell and then use ironhearts during cool down...it's a long battle, but not too difficult. I didn't try soloing earlier, but I did tank the boss at lvl 38 for a lower level squad. With no charm, I'd say mid 40s.
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i solo... fb19-39 ^^and 59
  • Heliox - Sanctuary
    Heliox - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    is it worth soloing??
    i mean is there even a slight chance of gettin moulds or 3 stars??

ty
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    When I soloed a few times in the low 40s, I got one or two 3* drops each time. No molds though. The drops really depend on luck. I'd say it's not the most profitable thing to do, and by those levels you can probably get more money selling DQ stuff. But still fun to try.

Soloing around lvl 48+, however, has only gotten me coins.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Right now at my lvl I can solo fb19 very easily but i don't think I would be able to solo the boss of fb29, i once did an fb19 for 3 people (in one run) when I was about 50lvl so fb19 is pretty easy compared to the rest.
    is it worth soloing??
    i mean is there even a slight chance of gettin moulds or 3 stars??

ty

No it doesn't, at least not FB19.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Huyidao - Heavens Tear
    Huyidao - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Since FB29 wine is so cheap, that may be worth soloing, and qingzi's earth based, too.
    Sagacious Guild - Heaven's Tear
    Forums: z3.invisionfree.com/Sagacious/index.php?act=idx
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    FB19 and FB29 are both soloable in the 50's, even without wines. Maybe even 40's, never tried it.

FB39 is a bit more difficult because of the adds on the bosses that you cant easily lure. LA will have trouble with Hercule in particular, the Ladywraiths can do a number on you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i solo... fb19-39 ^^and 59

^that b:laugh
    b:dirty
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Since FB29 wine is so cheap, that may be worth soloing, and qingzi's earth based, too.

Qingzi is not a push over, it's a tough boss that has lots of hp and does very high dmg, I haven't tried to solo it but i don't think I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i soloed quingzi at 60. the problem is his attack is half physical and half elemental, so it deals an upper amount of damage on all builds. 2 ironhearts lets you attack 3-5 times, based on the skillls you used. it wont take that long.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I tried to solo FB19 but didn;t to do well.I imagine if I was La Cleric I might of done better.I was 38 at the time and wanted to ge to 39.How is Cleric suppose to solo Krixx?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I tried to solo FB19 but didn;t to do well.I imagine if I was La Cleric I might of done better.I was 38 at the time and wanted to ge to 39.How is Cleric suppose to solo Krixx?

At 50+ Krixx is a joke :p I'm light armored though..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that Krixxix has a water attack at a distance [where a cleric should be fighting]. It's physical only for melee. And yeah, LA does make fb19 quite a bit easier since almost everything is physical.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Qingzi is not a push over, it's a tough boss that has lots of hp and does very high dmg, I haven't tried to solo it but i don't think I can.

soloed at lv 73 b:surrender
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    okay when I tried to go into fb19 by myself one lvl 19 scorpion waisted me.

I was pissed, they did the regular amount of damage but it seemed like the attack rate was tripled! Is this supposed to happen? I though I was jsut tired or missing my gear or something messed up. Do you pretty much have to wait until you can kill everything before it gets to you? It also seemed like they had much more hp. I think they should have a warning about these mobs ingame that says to beware their improved strength, because they look just like the mobs outside (light green name).
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ^^Yep, they're elite mobs, so they're gonna have 2x the hp and hit a lot harder than normal ones. They should have a gold pattern around the borders of the name box to identify them as elite.
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I walk through fb19-29 I haven't tried 39 and don't plan to until lvl 70+ I know the amount of madness that surrounds the bosses would get me killed at this point.

EDIT: Any tips or advice on my first fb39 solo would be appreciated.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    solo FB39? Is that possible? I mean you will be fighting 6 of them exploding thingys at once
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I walk through fb19-29 I haven't tried 39 and don't plan to until lvl 70+ I know the amount of madness that surrounds the bosses would get me killed at this point.

EDIT: Any tips or advice on my first fb39 solo would be appreciated.

My only tip would be to use wine... lol ;)

Saw a lvl 80+ cleric go down in there once to the fire chickens around Calcid. They kept hitting her and interrupting her casting EVERY TIME she'd try to cast anything. We couldn't get the birds off fast enough to save her.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    getting to each boss is easy, don't need wines. the hardest part is the actual boss and how you plan to take out every add before they kill you.

tempest on the boss, should hit everything around it. cast a few iron hearts, then use a normal spark eruption and razor feathers on the monster closest to the center of the group.

that should kill everything before they kill you.
  • SlashyGuy - Heavens Tear
    SlashyGuy - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    acording to question earlyer about wrather its worth soloing fb19 and stuff:

yes i belive it is. on my veno lvl 32 i soloed fb 19 and i got 5 3star items, and TONS of dq. now everytime might not be like that but it will eventualy add up. beside its really fun. If you get a mold gratz and have fun with some nice pocket change for like 10 seconds before you upgrade your skills again.

eevn tho that was with veno same thing applys. you can get lots of drops, or you can get nothing. its worth it to me plus the ability to say you did that is good enough.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I dont seem to catch why a cleric should solo fbs...
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I dont seem to catch why a cleric should solo fbs...

It's not a should it's mainly a chalenge to solo stuff (bosses,fbs etc.) but there is also profit to be had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Profit?????? What about the charm?! The wine? TIME.... no no, only good thing to solo is HH. Besides lvl difference lower % of probability of getting drop.

If its only for the challenge, then go on... still for me seems like wasting time xD go AoE grind!
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Profit?????? What about the charm?! The wine? TIME.... no no, only good thing to solo is HH. Besides lvl difference lower % of probability of getting drop.

If its only for the challenge, then go on... still for me seems like wasting time xD go AoE grind!

Fun > Profit if you ask me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Profit?????? What about the charm?! The wine? TIME.... no no, only good thing to solo is HH.
    It's the worst in fact. Soloed 1-1, one time got drops but only barely enough to compensate for charm; next 1-1 got only mirages. Lowlvl fbs are different thing, you don't need charm and still can have drop (the only time I've seen a mold in fb19 was when I soloed it just of boredom).
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeap... usually fb19 are not done anymore by lvl 2x chars, bcs you can ask help from high lvls.
    But HH is mostly only good for venos xD Or maybe two clerics in solo mode?
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    But HH is mostly only good for venos xD Or maybe two clerics in solo mode?
    HH is good for venos because they can solo party mode with herc. Solo mode is ****.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist