why doesn't my tame skill work?

Options
Kristinc - Harshlands
Kristinc - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
hello i'm just wondering why my tame is not working everyx i use it it says resisted or fail and i use it on monsters lowers than me and it happens everyx
Post edited by Kristinc - Harshlands on

Comments

• upi
    upi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You need to bring target's life close to zero first. I wanted to tame a saw fly (lvl 8) with my veno lvl 32, I had to unequip my weapon, hit the fly for some time(for it dies even from my phys attack with wand lvl 31 in 1 hit) and then tame it.
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Make sure the mob's HP is down to about 25%-33% of its total HP first. This is easy enough with mobs at or near your level, but as Upi stated, if you're going for something far below you, there's a really good chance of killing it instead. So unequip your weapon or take fox form and hope for the best. Or have a lower-level party member shave its HP down for you :)
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • Phantomhive - Lost City
    Phantomhive - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Also make sure there's an icon next to the mobs name. If it isn't present, then that particular mob cannot be tamed.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Who uses there pet when doing this or is best not to use one at all?I have Torgin Puppet and want Brave which I use my puppet to attack it.This is around silver pool.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Who uses there pet when doing this or is best not to use one at all?I have Torgin Puppet and want Brave which I use my puppet to attack it.This is around silver pool.

If the mob you wanna tame is around you lvl, that would be the safest way to do it... send pet to take down hp, then tame (call back pet if you need to so it wont kill the mob before you cast your taming skill).

But meh.. if you wanna tame a mob like 10-20 or more lvls below you, gotta do it w/o pet and punch it til you get its hp low enough w/o killing it. (Mobs are sooo fragile b:shy)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Kristinc - Harshlands
    Kristinc - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thanks guys that's really helpful