Best attack pet in game

hyrider
hyrider Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
Heheyyy

So i started playing PWI like a week ago, and originally i was gona be a mage but the lvling is too painful... and since veno is caster too and gets a pet and is also the best lvler.... i went with veno.... So now i want to ask you experienced venos out there if there is any freaking god-damn pet that has a higher ATTACK damage than the GOD DAMN crystalline, because sure it looks fuking awesome but every SINGLE veno has it and its starting to **** me off. And also i dont want to have this pet forever (cus most ppl take these little *** golems to 80) just because it has high P def, high Atk, and it start training frm lvl 17 which makes it stronger than say a pet that starts at like 25. So IS THERe any other pet dam it, that's stronger in atttack? Reply pls :\
Post edited by hyrider on

Comments

• Lynaris - Sanctuary
    Lynaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think the starter scorpion (Varicose Scorpion, it's blue and just a little ways outside south gate of lost city) is the best land damage pet...well that's what everyone in forums say, so it must be generally approved. :P

And the Petite Sawfly is the best air attack pet (or so they say), but low hp. Sometimes they sell them in the catshops around pet skill trainer in lost city for several k.

For water pet I don't know.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Did you ever stop to think about WHY every veno has a golem? The only land pet with better P.att is the lvl 2 scorpion, but it's hp and defense are pretty low. Suck it up and keep using the golem. There is no better tank until a herc.
  • sephere
    sephere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You could try a courageous undine outside of the elf city.
    They're mainly m.def pets, but the p.def is average, and damage per second is better than golem...
    Its not bad if your grinding outside, or on mage monsters.
    They're movement speed isn't too bad either

I have both golem and undine.
    I use golem for melee hard/boss monsters, and undine for the rest, because of movement speed and size issue(targeting is a bit better, especially in party).
    The stats compared at same level,
    the p.def of the undine is not that far behind a golem's.
  • Lynaris - Sanctuary
    Lynaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes the golem IS a good tanker. The stat chart was spiked with hp, pdef, regen...:)
    I use a Crystalline Magmite for obvious reasons, a Heartless Wolf for a puller/fun pet, and a Goldenwing Emperor...

Although I'm not sure about the Heartless Wolf's speed. I have another wolfie with higher speed by 0. something more seconds.........ddebating whether its such a big deal or not
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What is BEST ATTACK PET in game??

Phoenix.

It cost a lot of money(~ 20 mil coins), but on 1 lvl have 82 dmg(2 lvl wolf have just 21 dmg) and attack speed 1.0! So can kill mob with 2-3 hits without help of veno(I guess).

Nope, I haven't one. b:cry
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Not sure what lvl you are but another good tank pet is the mech crab. That one starts at lvl40. I used it til I got my hercules at lvl68. My crab is now what I use for luring cause it don't block tanks from targeting when I am luring. Also use it to lure with cause if it dies I can just summon herc cause summoning another pet is faster then trying to revive.

kristiona
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    1. Scorpions
    2. Serpents/Snakes

They have best combination of accuracy + damage. Magmites dish out damage, but aren't as accurate. Cactopods are super accurate, but don't have big damage.

Or you could spend money.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    how nice! another fan of crabs! ive had golems, and while i dont dispute in the least that they are awesome, i find them incrediblely hard to work around-as in they block my view of what im after, and make me turn the screen to see the mob. but so far, my Krabby has been awesome. i dont depend on just him, though-i have the shadou bear, eldergoth warrior, lunar lupin (for magic attacker hes great),and others. yes, i have the full pet bag...some of them i have just because i like them, though they might not be the best fighters, and i like to have room to try out a new pet, and see if it works out. my newest addition is a Sower of the Flame...one of those weird dodo kind of birds. Turkey is shaping up to be a great addition to my attack team so far, with neat attacks that do a lot of damage fast.
    Not sure what lvl you are but another good tank pet is the mech crab. That one starts at lvl40. I used it til I got my hercules at lvl68. My crab is now what I use for luring cause it don't block tanks from targeting when I am luring. Also use it to lure with cause if it dies I can just summon herc cause summoning another pet is faster then trying to revive.

kristiona
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well before I got my herc my husband cleric and I duo'd a TT1-1 single mode with that crab as our tanker. I was about lvl68 or 69 I forget.

kristiona
  • Demakasha - Lost City
    Demakasha - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:chuckle Hey all Names Akasha i like my wolves and lynuxs they are beautiful and in perfect world theres so many to chose from, i like them coz they don't look so scary, but though there is non and element types i love them all.

*pats my 9 wolves each on their heads cuddling each of them*

such a beautiful creture and their attacks do quite a bit of damage and i love that and the looks are great ty b:thanks to the staff for creating such beautiful creatures on PWI i love them.

*giggles turns fox and leaps away with each of my wolves at my side*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meta - Dreamweaver
    Meta - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    From my researches:
    On the land: atack pet - scorpion, tank - golem/frogling/armored bear/hercules.
    In the sky: atack pet - petite swfly/phoenix , tank - Windwalking Pig.
    Under the water: "Giant turtle"? still unknown. Is it worth to haw a underwater pet in PWI? Found no suggestions or details about best atack/tank pets under the water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • littlemoya
    littlemoya Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    how about that death knight that looks like a headless horseman? saw someone with it but don't know if it is good
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Like said before, the major problem of high attack pets is that they don't have much hp/def. It's like, on normal pets at least, the same amount of points has been devided on the different stat points. A scorpion is the best normal attack pet, but it is to squishy to tank. You can use it, for instance, if you squad with a barb, but for solo it's not really adapted.

Of course, herc and phoenix are to be considered differently. As far as I know, the phoenix is the only real attack pet that also has substancial tanking abilities. Don't know much about the hercs damage.
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    From my researches:
    Under the water: "Giant turtle"? still unknown. Is it worth to haw a underwater pet in PWI? Found no suggestions or details about best atack/tank pets under the water.

agreed! get a herc or phoenix if you can afford one...

I had your problem when i started playing veno, would have used any other pet but golem just cause all venos had one. Try taming a Shaodu Cub for a change if you got the patience for it.

A tamed pet for easy grinding is the all purpose golem and you can go with it til 80+, has very good phy def, high hp, and if im not wrong, it has the second highest dmg after the scorpion (tamed pets... not item mall pets).

If you wanna give up some tanking for damage, get a scorpion, but you'll prolly end up healing a lot more then dealing damage...tried one around lv 25 or so, and got sick of all the healing i had to do so i leveled the golem instead b:surrender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    From my researches:

lol @ listing nix and herc. Thats pretty much known by everyone. But not everyone has the money layin around for it.

If the OP wants to be different but efficient without the cost, go with a shaudo cub. =D I see them selling for 500-700k on harshlands.
  • raivasvi
    raivasvi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I messed up and got confused while trying to learn to tame, I learned the skill literally at lvl 9. I however went out and bought a tauroc logger as my first pet and WOW that thing worked wonders i tell ya.

I too am a huge fan of lynxus and Wolves. I have a Wilderness Lynxus lvl 23 and a Grottoden Wolfmaster lvl 24 and though my lynxus has nice attack its defense really does suck. Hence why my Wolfmaster is my main attacker. He has speed and good attack not to mention the only mobs that have ever brought it down were puny Darkbreeds.

If you want to go good with wolves, I suggest the Wolfmaster, or a Darkbreed until you battle another kind and see how they fair.I also suggest not trying to tame a darkbreed alone, or just go and buy it. Upset one and you upset an entire pack >,< I think the smaller they are the more vicious they can be. With Lynxus its hard to tell, they have similar stats. My Wilderness however beat out a Vassal I previously had by a long shot.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    raivasvi wrote: »
    I messed up and got confused while trying to learn to tame, I learned the skill literally at lvl 9. I however went out and bought a tauroc logger as my first pet and WOW that thing worked wonders i tell ya.

I too am a huge fan of lynxus and Wolves. I have a Wilderness Lynxus lvl 23 and a Grottoden Wolfmaster lvl 24 and though my lynxus has nice attack its defense really does suck. Hence why my Wolfmaster is my main attacker. He has speed and good attack not to mention the only mobs that have ever brought it down were puny Darkbreeds.

If you want to go good with wolves, I suggest the Wolfmaster, or a Darkbreed until you battle another kind and see how they fair.I also suggest not trying to tame a darkbreed alone, or just go and buy it. Upset one and you upset an entire pack >,< I think the smaller they are the more vicious they can be. With Lynxus its hard to tell, they have similar stats. My Wilderness however beat out a Vassal I previously had by a long shot.

Darkbreed's elite mob status don't carry over as pet. So while tough as mob, it's not that good a pet.

See growth chart for tamable mobs:
    http://snowbloom.110mb.com/pl1.htm
  • Seilis - Lost City
    Seilis - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So how about shadou cubs?b:surrender
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So how about shadou cubs?b:surrender
    shaodus have **** poor atk.
  • Lithandrys - Heavens Tear
    Lithandrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think the starter scorpion (Varicose Scorpion, it's blue and just a little ways outside south gate of lost city) is the best land damage pet...well that's what everyone in forums say, so it must be generally approved. :P

And the Petite Sawfly is the best air attack pet (or so they say), but low hp. Sometimes they sell them in the catshops around pet skill trainer in lost city for several k.

For water pet I don't know.

Best water pet by far are turtles. I tamed a St.'s Lake Tortoise and it can tank mobs up to 13 lvls higher. I am speaking from experience, in the end it's up to you what pet you choose. But I do agree that the golem is by far the most effective tank. It might have a lower attack rate than most other pets, but a veno has powerful spells which compensates for the golem's lack of attack power. It's main purpose is to keep a mob off of you so you can DD from afar. I'm an arcane veno and my golem is a volcanic magmite, as long as loyalty is kept high, it can hold aggro really well. The next best thing is a Shaodo cub, as far as I've been told.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If all else fails, look cute....and then run like hell.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Darkbreed's elite mob status don't carry over as pet. So while tough as mob, it's not that good a pet.

It's actually a pretty decent pet with higher P.Def, HP and speed then either the starter scorpion/wolf while having lower stats elsewhere.

They also have higher stats then any of the wolves in the instance, the wolves around the instance and the Treeline Wolfkin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poisonedtip - Heavens Tear
    Poisonedtip - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009

I went with the darkbreed wolfkins, although they arn't a widely used pet, i have used mine since i got it at level 18. As of yet i havnt had any problems with it, at level 45 he can tank FB19's im not sure if that is good or very poor at my level as this is my first veno, as i went for a barb. The darkbreed as rightly said before but at level 45 he can grind on broken plain and kill 3-4 mobs before he wud die if i left him to it, but his attacks to 390-500 damage a normal hit so i cant complain he gets the job done well. Also, an added bonus is i dont look like all other venos with a golem, although they are the best tamable pet for defence :).
    Rigante Leader, Fun, Helpful, Talkative Faction.
    We Do and Help With TT-FB-Bosses
    PM Me Questions Or For Info ^^
    b:pleased
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sharptooth Wolves (not the Wolfings) have a NICE Attack that beats out those stupid Rocks and their Evasion & HP are not lacking. They also have decent P & M Resists so nothing to complain about (oh and they are fast and do not block your vision).
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sharptooth Wolves (not the Wolfings) have a NICE Attack that beats out those stupid Rocks and their Evasion & HP are not lacking. They also have decent P & M Resists so nothing to complain about (oh and they are fast and do not block your vision).

The Wolflings have better stats then the wolves, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ground/Dungeon: Varicose Scorpion(my SecretPass pvp! someone sell me Claw skill for him! u_u)

Air: Phoenix (obviously)

Water: They are all weak as hell damage wise(QQ I suck @ dragon temple w/plumpfish)
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Sharptooth Wolf comes from the same family as Sharptooth Wolflings, so I highly doubt that.
  • Nozomichan - Sanctuary
    Nozomichan - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    my scout lynxus is pretty good. he hits a lot more than my golem, and the hits are pretty decent, and not many people have one, he's also not so huge that he takes up half the screen like a golem can
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In fact, I don't like Scorpions very(lvl 2) , so I tamed Pavonine emm.. Snake^^' and this have nice stats, maybe attack will be lower(dunno for 100%, nedd to lvl my Scorpio first), but this's faster and have higher dps than Scorpio, what is good in pvp, also have mag and phys defs the same, so is able to survive more too.
    Gash, I lvled my Safly from 8 lvl to almost 70 D: I'm tired b:chuckle
    I buyed new cage, I want to do some experimentals on very low lvl pets, because in h lvl I haven't too many new mobs to tame and game gets boring. b:surrender
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Can you please stop necroing old threads?

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.