What mounts can be used at lvl 20 and what spurs do you need?

DeadFriend - Heavens Tear
DeadFriend - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
I heard that you could apply spurs to ride a mount at level 20, my question is, what spur do you need to apply to be able to ride the mount at level 20 and what type or species of mount can be ridden at level 20 and have spurs applied to it???

Thx in advance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by DeadFriend - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• callam
    callam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Right, before I blag about spurred mounts, there are 2 level 20 mounts available right from the get go. You don't need to spur them, however they have a hefty pricetag anyway if you want one, they are:

Ancient Boa
    Midnight (Halloween horse)

Now, spurs...2 types: Galewind Spurs and Spurs of Alacrity, each one can be found in the Item Mall, with a misleading description, I.E. you need to hover over them to see the reduced level bit.

Galewind Spurs can be used on any level 40 mount to increase speed and reduce level requirement to 20. I'll list the current level 40 spurrable mounts:

Windsprint Panther
    Polaris Snow Cub
    Chromatic Elk
    DQ Mounts (the different sparkly horses)

Spurs of Alacrity can be used on any level 60 mount to increase speed and reduce level requirement to 20. I'll list the current level 60 spurrable mounts aswell:

Chubbs (elephant)
    Sika Reindeer
    Ancestral Kirin
    Vicious Raptor
    Goldenmane Lion

Right, you've got your mount and the required spurs, now what?

Well, toddle on down to any Pet manager and choose "Upgrades of Ride Pets", clicky the mount you have, be it a horse or panther (in petegg form of course), and click upgrade. The spurs will vanish leaving you with an uber mount, now simply hatch it and use it!

Remember though, mounts need feeding like any regular pet. The higher the loyalty, the less chance you have of falling off if you run past a mob that decides to take a swing at you.

Hope I helped.
    IGN: Deimos
    Faction: Modo
    Level: 2X
    Server: East, untill OB when I'll switch to EU
    Guild: None for the moment.
  • DeadFriend - Heavens Tear
    DeadFriend - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Is there anyway to do the same or similar for one of the wings/flying blades/flying animals so you can use them at level 20?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morayine - Sanctuary
    Morayine - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is there a difference in speed for the fly or ride ?
    What would be best to get a fast flyer or a fast ride ? Any advice =welcome

Also , i spoke to a guy that had that Goldenmane Lion, is it true that there is only one on the server or where do i get those ??

thx byb:thanks
    "There's a big difference knowing the Path, and Walking the Path"
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The lion is a rare prize (0.02%) from a big rainbow egg included with the (currently temporarily removed) gold charm packs ($15 in the cash shop). So on average, there will be 1 lion for every 5000 packs bought, or $75,000.

If you were wondering why so many people were selling gold guardian and spirit charms in worldchat recently, this is why. People trying to get the lion would buy the pack of 5 gold charms, use the egg, sell off the charms for ~1500k coin, convert that into zen, and buy another pack.
  • chowderx3
    chowderx3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I know that I will be bumping this page but I just want to thank callam! You made my day. My level is below 40. I bought a level 40 mount knowing that it's level can be reduced.

Anyways, I did it the other way around; Hatching the pet first. and then it says "Level is too low" or something. I'm like noo. =_=;; until I read your post. I LOVE YOU. :]]

-Yumi-Chan (Sanctuary). n_n
  • ohjichan
    ohjichan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have galewind spurs and chubbs and take to pet manager and I can not use them together?? Elephant is not on her list. Or galewind spurs. And can you use spurs of alacrity to level down horse you buy at pet manager?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Is there anyway to do the same or similar for one of the wings/flying blades/flying animals so you can use them at level 20?

There is no way you can do this with any flying mount or wings except the sword that is q.20 not even widgets will work.This is if the req. is reduced to 20.It would certianly help out cleric and archers.It would also help others to get around better.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • blizblixx
    blizblixx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If i get Galewind spurs for my horse that i want, and i look at the pet manager, it says the horse is only 1 coin, if i have the spurs, will the price go up if i try to buy it?