The Petition for Lower Gold Pricing Conversion

Sherri - Heavens Tear
Sherri - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
Perfect World International is a great game, no doubt about it but the truth is playing the game without using the cashshop is very difficult. Its possible but difficult. The way gold is converted at the moment is a US dollar per gold and I for one think this is rediculous. The MY server's conversion rate was simple and fair to players, however the PWI conversion rate is exspensive and makes it very hard for casual gamers to actually use the cash shop feature. To be honest the economy isn't great and most of America is made up of middle class people who just dont have the resources to afford the current cash shop prices. I believe that if the conversion rates we're made identical to those of the MY server more people would in fact buy more gold.

If you are in agreement with what I'm proposing please reply with your in game name of your main character as well as the server you currently play on. Thank you.
Signed below are the in game names of players who are currently unhappy with the current gold pricing.

Sherri - Heavens Tear
mym - Heaven Tear
Post edited by Sherri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    *snip*The MY server's conversion rate was simple*snip*
    $1->1gold is about as simple as you can get.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Look at the amount of gold and hiero's bought, and dolls now during this event, and ask yourself whether you really believe a petition is going to change anything. They're getting a lot of money, and the chances of them lowering it is slim.

Also, I have no idea where you're coming from. Archers make money so easily it's a joke, if I can make money you can too.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear
    Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    May I ask what the Zen to Coin pricings were in the MY servers?
    The name's Xtreme! b:victory
    Not Extreme! b:angry
    Get it right! b:thanks
  • Sherri - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I'm not sure what you've been smoking but I'd like you to pass some this way o.O I don't make money easily and anyway nothings going to get changed by players like you who simply give up and point out everything thats wrong when someone trys to take a stand. Are you with your fellow players or are you with the money hungry GMs?
    Look at the amount of gold and hiero's bought, and dolls now during this event, and ask yourself whether you really believe a petition is going to change anything. They're getting a lot of money, and the chances of them lowering it is slim.

Also, I have no idea where you're coming from. Archers make money so easily it's a joke, if I can make money you can too.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2009

You can buy 100 zen in the PW servers currently for US $27.90.

You buy 100 zen on PWI its US $100.

Zen is about 3x more exspensive on the PWI version.

In game Zen in PW-MY sells for 300k-400k each last I checked, but there cash shop has 4x more things in it than ours does. So the price is higher. When I first started playing PW-MY about 3 months after it went into OB you could buy Zen there for 100k-150k each. Sad thing is when our cash shop catches up to theirs Zen ingame in PWI will also be 300k-400k each.

Everytime they add more stuff to the cash shop thats in high demand the ingame costs of Zen goes up.

** Unfornately I dont think this petition will do much good. When they first annouced the prices of Zen we did petitions then and protests. Its ultimately why they made the cash shop huddle section on this forum, to get us off general discussion. Here is one of the more popular threads with the GMs official response to the high Zen Prices.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=40621
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • lamjuse
    lamjuse Posts: 3
    edited March 2009

Yeah , i also wonder how much it is in MY server but personally the exchange rate in International version is so expensive...I hope they will consider to lower down their exchange rate...can't cut people's neck like that during financial difficulty....

mym...HeavenTears
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In game Zen in PW-MY sells for 300k-400k each last I checked, but there cash shop has 4x more things in it than ours does. So the price is higher. When I first started playing PW-MY about 3 months after it went into OB you could buy Zen there for 100k-150k each.
    Eh, their inflated gold prices are more due to the fact that you can buy ingame coin at a better rate, so their gold->coin prices rose to match because no one bought gold anymore, they just bought coin, which they could use to get ingame gold with at a better rate. Before the gold sellers came along you could buy for about the same price as here.
    edited March 2009
    Wow, I didn't know that there was such an enormous difference in the Zen pricings of PWI and PW-MY. Maybe I should just play PW-MY lolz... But why did ppl switch from MY to PWI? Is it because of lag issues coz the servers r too far away?
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lag, bots, gold sellers, broken economy. You name it.
  • Molian - Sanctuary
    Molian - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    [x] Nope, prices are okay like they are now, i played on my too, but the prices here are ok too
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Wow, I didn't know that there was such an enormous difference in the Zen pricings of PWI and PW-MY. Maybe I should just play PW-MY lolz... But why did ppl switch from MY to PWI? Is it because of lag issues coz the servers r too far away?

Thats actually what I asked myself almost everyday I was here, till I finally got smart enough to go back to PW-MY lol. The lag, bots, etc is no worse than it is here. I only play here for TWs now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Sherri - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I agree with Cats sentements, I myself and few others I know are considering moving back to the MY server due to the high price of gold here. I feel as though it would be much cheaper to pay a monthly fee on a pay to play game.
    edited March 2009
    Maybe I should start playing on the MY servers too... But I dun wanna have to start all over again at lv1 though T_T. Guess I'll just keep playing here...
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well gold prices weren't too bad to be honest, even in game they'd fluctuated at around 100~110k.

With the new event they went up to 140kish but they'll be back down again hopefully.

Charging zen is ridiculously unfair and bias towards people in the US, many people from different parts of the world play on the servers and charging zen isn't quite so easy for them, even in Canada, Canadians pay roughly 65 dollars to charge 50 zen.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Well gold prices weren't too bad to be honest, even in game they'd fluctuated at around 100~110k.

With the new event they went up to 140kish but they'll be back down again hopefully.

Charging zen is ridiculously unfair and bias towards people in the US, many people from different parts of the world play on the servers and charging zen isn't quite so easy for them, even in Canada, Canadians pay roughly 65 dollars to charge 50 zen.

yeah thats just insane IMO lol. I cant see paying that much for a mount etc.

The wedding package still irritates me as well, its always crazy when it costs more in a game to get married then it does in real life lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Personally, I think they could lower the prices alittle without any problems at all... I also came from PW-MY but became annoyed with the freakishly high price of Cubi-gold (their ZEN) 300kea is just too high. Also, I came over because of the bots, the people who didn't speak english at all, the horrible translations, and because the game wasnt patched often enough and bugs werent being fixed, and because the GMs there were horrible and never around. Here, all of that is MUCH better but c'mon $1->1ZEN when a shirt in-game is 5g... thats $5, I could go find a shirt in real life at a sel for that lol. Also, what we have in our cash-shop right now is the cheap stuff... what happens when we get the 3-headed dragon flight for untamed or the elf flight with six wings that cosst 90 gold in PW-MY? I'm sorry but is there anyone crazy enough to spend almost $100 on just a mount? b:surrender

So yes, please! lower ZEN prices alittle bit, the game will be making money, and mroe than likely, more people will buy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Vorilias - Dreamweaver
    Vorilias - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes the PW-MY servers were extremely bad for gold sellers, bots, lag and its economy was as broken as heck... but there are still gold sellers in PWi, their just still underground and not advertising, and people still manage to **** and break the game (such as the Cat shops which have fooled many newbie players by selling 100's of stones for around 1000 and buying 3 of the same stone for around 20,000 so newbies buy 2-3 of the stones thinking that they will earn some easy money...only you cant sell items back too them :/

And if you look on the internet for just 5 minutes you will find sites which you can download bots that work on the PWi servers.

The prices in PWi gold shop is quite ridiculous...but if people still insist on buying the items than why should they reduce the prices? the gold shop will eventually break the economy if they dont figure out a way to maintain the prices so that they are good for all players...its inevitable really :[b :shocked
  • Cocoe - Sanctuary
    Cocoe - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The amount of money you need to pay to play this game "properly" is outrageously high, simply because you just don't know how much you need to pay exactly, to play this game to its fullest potential. I played World of Warcraft for two years and paying a monthly fee didn't seem bad at all. You know what you are paying for. You can do anything you want in that game. Here in Perfect World, it's only free if you really want to play a crappy game. To play a decent game, the price fluctutates greatly.

I have a venomancer, and I hear that I will need to spend hundreds of dollars to get a Pheonix Pet. That's ridiculous. Let me pay a monthly fee and make the pet into a long difficult quest. I'd much prefer it that way.

In order for this game to grow(it would only be a wise business direction to go toward), the game developers need to seriously think about two things. Either have a monthly fee option for those players who choose to participate in that, or leave the game as it is but lower the price of certain things.

Think of it this way. Wal-Mart. They are so successful because their prices are dirt cheap. Low prices allow more people to buy things, increasing their sales revenue, in turn increasing the profit. Lowering the price of gold in Perfect World will not only help the players, it will also help the developers of Perfect World to up their profit.
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The amount of money you need to pay to play this game "properly" is outrageously high, simply because you just don't know how much you need to pay exactly, to play this game to its fullest potential. I played World of Warcraft for two years and paying a monthly fee didn't seem bad at all. You know what you are paying for. You can do anything you want in that game. Here in Perfect World, it's only free if you really want to play a crappy game. To play a decent game, the price fluctutates greatly.

I have a venomancer, and I hear that I will need to spend hundreds of dollars to get a Pheonix Pet. That's ridiculous. Let me pay a monthly fee and make the pet into a long difficult quest. I'd much prefer it that way.

In order for this game to grow(it would only be a wise business direction to go toward), the game developers need to seriously think about two things. Either have a monthly fee option for those players who choose to participate in that, or leave the game as it is but lower the price of certain things.

Think of it this way. Wal-Mart. They are so successful because their prices are dirt cheap. Low prices allow more people to buy things, increasing their sales revenue, in turn increasing the profit. Lowering the price of gold in Perfect World will not only help the players, it will also help the developers of Perfect World to up their profit.

Hello,

Perfect World when it originally came out in China was subscription based. That model changed after about 1-2 years into the free-to-play model and the amount of users that played greatly increased. You can acquire the ZEN in game using the in-game currency via the Gold Trading system. So if you feel that paying real money for items is not your thing, this option makes it so you can have these items without paying. You can use the Gold Trading system through any auctioneer in the major cities.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Cocoe - Sanctuary
    Cocoe - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thank you so much Snuggles for replying to me. This is just a comment I made based on gold prices. In the other forum "Suggestion Box," I suggested maybe Perfect World should revise their plan and retain the subscription based option for those people who chose to participate while still maintaining the free option for others who dislike paying a monthly fee. In order to do this, perhaps you can have an X number of servers for the monthly fee players, and an X number of servers that are free?
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thank you so much Snuggles for replying to me. This is just a comment I made based on gold prices. In the other forum "Suggestion Box," I suggested maybe Perfect World should revise their plan and retain the subscription based option for those people who chose to participate while still maintaining the free option for others who dislike paying a monthly fee. In order to do this, perhaps you can have an X number of servers for the monthly fee players, and an X number of servers that are free?

Unfortunately, that is not an option as that would take months and months of coding and changes to be made. Also, our company is a free to play company so the nature of the beast is no subscriptions of any kind. Although a very good idea and suggestion, but I will be honest that it will probably not be happening with Perfect World International since the transition from subscription to free to play has already been made well before PWE was brought about. Very very good idea though b:thanks
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • babyeater69
    babyeater69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Look on the bright side, things could be much worse. Like in other games such as WoW where not only is there a subscription but you also have even higher priced items. Or Eve Online, another monthly subscription game who's cash shop items don't help you very much. Or far worse, a FPSMMO game that you pay for the guns, but they're rented out, so you have to pay again to get them in the next month of so. I honestly applaud PWE for being able to bring this to the US, and although my own paycheck is rather pitiful, I still will set aside a bit to support this game, so that the people that don't use real money can still play. It's an awesome game, despite what every other pessimists might say, you just have to look on the bright side of things! b:pleased