Fist bm specialty?

Chaorrow - Lost City
Chaorrow - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Blademaster
hey i am currently makin a fist bm and i was wondering wat they r pretty much used for?

for ex: axes-AOE
polearm-range
sword-solo

fist-?????

can some1 tell me plz
Post edited by Chaorrow - Lost City on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    DPS (we have the best DPS out of all the other weapons) for PvE
    Spell cancellation on a boss/mob

For PvP, only with hell spark vs robes.
    Back.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    DPS (we have the best DPS out of all the other weapons) for PvE
    Spell cancellation on a boss/mob

For PvP, only with hell spark vs robes.

Eh, no.

Any weapon can spell cancell. And the DPS is not good until you get Hell and the improved attack speed, even then, it is just for long fights.

For PvE they provide the cheapest money-wise gameplay, so if you're poor then this Fists are a good option to use. Or if you're more a casual player.

They are pretty much used for building up Chi during instances/dungeons, but you damage/help with other weapon's ultimates.

After level 89 you get Hell Spark wich makes Fist a good option for damage-dealing during boss fights, because of the constant spamming of Spark Eruptions.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Eh, no.

Any weapon can spell cancell. And the DPS is not good until you get Hell and the improved attack speed, even then, it is just for long fights.

For PvE they provide the cheapest money-wise gameplay, so if you're poor then this Fists are a good option to use. Or if you're more a casual player.

They are pretty much used for building up Chi during instances/dungeons, but you damage/help with other weapon's ultimates.

After level 89 you get Hell Spark wich makes Fist a good option for damage-dealing during boss fights, because of the constant spamming of Spark Eruptions.
    Lets not argue this again.
    I out DPS lvl 80 wizs, archers, and BMs. NOT all weapons can cancel the spell, if you read shadowless kick it is fist/unarmed only. Lyndura, honestly, don't talk about fist BMs sucking if you haven't even played on for more then 10 lvls. And i dont care about your math, my math says i out DPS DPS classes

Now, i do agree with you that Fists aren't that great till 70+ and they are amazing 89+ with hell spark.
    Don't go fist until 70, thats when they start to shine.
    Back.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Lets not argue this again.
    I out DPS lvl 80 wizs, archers, and BMs. NOT all weapons can cancel the spell, if you read shadowless kick it is fist/unarmed only. Lyndura, honestly, don't talk about fist BMs sucking if you haven't even played on for more then 10 lvls. And i dont care about your math, my math says i out DPS DPS classes

Now, i do agree with you that Fists aren't that great till 70+ and they are amazing 89+ with hell spark.
    Don't go fist until 70, thats when they start to shine.

1.- Key word: Unarmed. Really, not that difficult to figure out what to do.

2.- You don't know if I have played a Fist BM for just 10 levels, you're just assuming.

3.- Math? Eh...ok?

4.- If you can outdamage sucky MG's/EA's/WR's doesn't means that Fists are good.

5.- 70+ starting to shine?

Killing mobs 1 by 1 and doing countless hours of grinding to get to high levels?

While you can easily do it in less than 1/4 of that time with AoE grinding, and of course, making 3-4 times more money than Fists?

I don't really see them shining at all.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wait i'm confused. If you aoe grind you burn off charm, at the very least hp charm.

While I agree that aoe grinding is indeed fast, it burns off charm like crazy. If you grind mobs one by one, you can pretty much get by with minimum amount of pot usage. Not to mention that the pots mob drop contribute to the total money you spend on pots.

It's true that aoe grinding also get pots from mobs, but taking on 10+ mobs drop your hp so fast that your charm tick before the pot's heal over time is over, making it a waste to use those pots.

No doubt that aoe grinding brings you more money than you used up. But shouldn't 1v1 gain more money per experience gained compared to aoe grinding unless I am missing some important concept?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Wait i'm confused. If you aoe grind you burn off charm, at the very least hp charm.

While I agree that aoe grinding is indeed fast, it burns off charm like crazy. If you grind mobs one by one, you can pretty much get by with minimum amount of pot usage. Not to mention that the pots mob drop contribute to the total money you spend on pots.

It's true that aoe grinding also get pots from mobs, but taking on 10+ mobs drop your hp so fast that your charm tick before the pot's heal over time is over, making it a waste to use those pots.

No doubt that aoe grinding brings you more money than you used up. But shouldn't 1v1 gain more money per experience gained compared to aoe grinding unless I am missing some important concept?

The average BM at 7x-8x doing AoE grinding gets and uses:

1.- Around 400k-450k per hour, being lucky 500k.
    2.- One HP Charm every 3 hours.
    3.- One MP Charm every 6-8 hours.

You pretty much do way more money than you spend doing AoE grinding, and not only that, if you do it with your own heal slave you save the HP charm money.

The average BM at 7x-8x doing solo grinding gets around 100-150k per hour and around 1/3~1/4 of the experience you can get doing AoE grinding.

Yes, you don't use Charms and theorically you save more money, but it takes A LOT (And really A LOT) of time to match up the experience and money a BM doing AoE can do in a much shorter amount of time.

Even if you AoE grind without Charm (with less mobs and using Diamond Sutra plus Apothecary potions), you get much more benefits than killing mobs 1 by 1.

You would only be wasting time doing something that you can do in 1/4 of that time using another weapon like Axe and Polearm.
  • Chaorrow - Lost City
    Chaorrow - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well im not gonna turn my back on fist bm and when u say spell cancelin u mean u can spell cancel much more than other weps or jus as much?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    well im not gonna turn my back on fist bm and when u say spell cancelin u mean u can spell cancel much more than other weps or jus as much?

As much.

It is an skill that has 12 seconds cooldown and can be used unarmed. Which means if you quickslot your weapon and that skill, practicing, you will be able to use it whenever you want without having to use fists and sticking with the low damage.

Actually, you can use any Fist skill (without having to use one) with the other weapons and take advantage of the effects.