A few changes to make the game Perfect!

Options
Javanx - Lost City
Javanx - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Hello,
Perfect world is a awesome game but it has 3 HUGE fatal floors thats i am sure that puts many people off from playing they are as followers:

1) You have to pay to use world chat?!
2) The level cap is WAY to high at least have a level cap that people who play casually can get to like 80.
3) No auction house?
Post edited by Javanx - Lost City on

Comments

• Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    1) While it is annoying, not paying would just allow idiots to spam the world chat endlessly.

2) Who ever said you had to hit the level cap? It's the journey that's fun, and I think once you hit the top that's it... all you've got left is events and pvp stuff like TW's.

3) There is an auction house, there's an auction npc in just about every major city (it'd be helpful if someone had the coords ^^).

So yeah...
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • Jaggarx - Lost City
    Jaggarx - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If people just spam the chat you could just blacklist them. b:laugh
    The journey is fun yes but it would be nice to know that you can get to the max level at the end of that journey ^^
  • Jaggarx - Lost City
    Jaggarx - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's me Javan btw. b:victory
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    oh, lol b:chuckle
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol after you hit the top im sure theres plenty to do, esp if you are patient enough to not pay a lot of real cash.

for me, i plan to eventually slowly make TT weps and work up the TT food chains (plural) to get that orange starred weapon (yeah you know...the +4% crits weapons...b:dirty)

but seriously:

for the casual player you wouldn't really care about the level cap would you?
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hello,
    Perfect world is a awesome game but it has 3 HUGE fatal floors thats i am sure that puts many people off from playing they are as followers:

2) The level cap is WAY to high at least have a level cap that people who play casually can get to like 80.
    3) No auction house?

1) Not having to pay for world chat would fill people blacklist up really quick.
    Once filled still gotta see the Idiotic spam.

2)Lvl cap is fine wish it was higher. Its not about reaching max lvl. Its about haveing fun playing the game.

3)We have an auction house.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hello,

3) No auction house?

Hello,

You may want to play the game past level 5 before volunteering baseless suggestions.

1. Not everyone playing the game wants to hear what you want to say. If you want to force everyone into listening to your gibberish, pay up. Better yet, don't pay and do us a favor and just stay away from WC. There are enough nutjobs on it as it is.

2. The less you jawjack, or worry about jawjacking on WC, the sooner you get to level cap.

3. There is an auction house.

While I agree there are reasons that would improve game play, the above three are not them.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The fact they didn't know about the auction house shows that is their true lvl.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hello,

3) No auction house?

1. While I would like to have free world chat like other games, this game makes its money by selling items. Since it costs 10 cents each time someone uses world chat it helps to fund the game.

2. This game is actually incredibly friendly to people that are casual. Crazy stone quest (starting at level 30) and world quest (starting at level 70) enable people that can only play for a little bit each day to keep gaining levels. Thanks to crazy stone I was about to gain about a dozen levels even though I only played 10 minutes a day for 4 or 5 months. In most games I would have gotten no experience for logging in that little, but this game makes it easy.

3. The PWI auction house system could certainly use changes (e.g. auctions longer than 24 hours and reduced listing fees for low cost items), but it does at least have one. I have only sold anything using the auction house a couple of times because I prefer to use my cat shop since their are no fees, but it has been a good source of items to buy.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The journey is fun yes but it would be nice to know that you can get to the max level at the end of that journey ^^

There are lots of idiots out there, you'll be spending all day blacklisting them all. It's like flies, swat one, ten more shows up.b:chuckle
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I pretty much agree with what everyone's already said... only thing I'd like to add is that a level cap of 80 would bore lots of players.

On both the new servers, there are people 80+.. and they have been out since March 3rd... thats 26 days to reach that level cap. The vast majority won't be hitting 80 that quick, but you need to give people more of a challenge. If a slower leveler hit 80 in 4 months lets say... thats again pretty early to be at the final part of the game =\
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I pretty much agree with what everyone's already said... only thing I'd like to add is that a level cap of 80 would bore lots of players.

On both the new servers, there are people 80+.. and they have been out since March 3rd... thats 26 days to reach that level cap. The vast majority won't be hitting 80 that quick, but you need to give people more of a challenge. If a slower leveler hit 80 in 4 months lets say... thats again pretty early to be at the final part of the game =\

Google "fake perfect world" and you'll get a private server with 1000x exp and drop. Good for testing out atypical builds and game concepts. But actually playing it gets old fast.
  • fastest21
    fastest21 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well pvp in this game is also bad. Some very high lvl's go to search lv 30+ to kill them and after that they say that we are so weak? There is so big difference between the lvler (lv 30+) & lv 70+. Why not make a pvp map where u can go and pvp? Why attack low lvl players when ur lv 70? People like them always ruin the game for the others & some call it fun ( are u kidding me).
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

First... the Blacklist has limited space, something like 50 or 100 max.

Second... the level cap in this game is high enough that it gives you something to strive for unlike other games where the level cap can be reached in a couple months at most (WoW and Everquest as examples).

Third... There is an Auction House.

Forth... Teleacoustics are not expensive enough as it is. To many idiots who's parents haven't taken the credit card away from them soon enough spamming world chat with their idiotic and inane BS. I personally think they should quadruple the cost of Tele's myself. Reduce world chats stupidity by a nice bit.

~S
  • Nnn - Sanctuary
    Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i agree to none of those sorry.
    world chat will be full of spammers.
    every one will be 80+
    action house is already there and is VERY VERY helpfull!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NNN-SANCTUARY
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    1) While it is annoying, not paying would just allow idiots to spam the world chat endlessly.

2) Who ever said you had to hit the level cap? It's the journey that's fun, and I think once you hit the top that's it... all you've got left is events and pvp stuff like TW's.

3) There is an auction house, there's an auction npc in just about every major city (it'd be helpful if someone had the coords ^^).

So yeah...

For number 1,it wouldn't make any difference wc is already filled with idiots spamming.

Ack seems saitada got there first.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    2. The less you jawjack, or worry about jawjacking on WC, the sooner you get to level cap.

Actually, I can worry about WC, and I can speak on WC, whilst using Macro's to do my AoE's for me, so I don't see how it'd prevent him from levelling just as fast as if he weren't "jawjacking". b:bye
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hello,

3) No auction house?

1) Thank God people have to pay to use world chat. Just walking through world chat causes my screen to fill up with spam. I would hate to have that while grinding as well.

2) Why do you need a level cap for this? If you want to play casually and obtain level 80, then cap yourself at 80. The rest of us want the level cap pushed up.

3) lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollolb:laughlollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollolb:laughlollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollolb:laugh
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Onxy - Harshlands
    Onxy - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Remove charms! Lets see who can really play from who can't! Sadly that will never happen.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well about the auction house- every day brings new items into it and since Sanctuary is among the old servers it has lot of contributors and i have to say though I used to be the catshop browser, now when i want something I mainly go for auction house.