Tele port map for newbies question

Impkitty - Sanctuary
Impkitty - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
something thats been bugging me...

i want to find the map with a grid. so that when i'm clicking 'find quest' and it gives me an npc with co-ordinates...i'm not wracking my dang brain trying to remember exactly where that npc is. b:embarrass

i'm figuring the first number is north and south? and second is east and west?

but if anyone has done this grid thing already, and could provide a link...i'd be greatly appreciative. b:thanks

I think no one noticed I asked a question b:surrender

I still think its a good question tho..and really really would like an answer.b:puzzled
Post edited by Impkitty - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Havard - Harshlands
    Havard - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This took me a little bit to get the hang of too. The first coordinate is the East-West, and the second is North-South. I'm pretty sure larger numbers are South (which continues to confuse me at times).

I suggest figuring out how to use the coordinate tracker (one of the buttons on your mini-map). That way you can enter up to 5 coordinates you currently want to see on your big map. It helps me quite a bit; I'll just put in the NPC's I'll be visiting here and there from the coordinates in my quest log.

I do wish the big map would tell the coordinates for the location you're hovering with your mouse though, it'd make things easier. =)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    often if you have quest if you click the quest itll give an arrow to the next npc
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think if you have a map with all NPC cords on it, I doubt you be able to read it too. Even have, I think it will be a hugeeeee map... As just imagine, in Archo, how many npcs are there. I think just the archo npcs map, will be a A4 size... =P

Anyway, try use the path finder, which till now I still uses it. Same, I cant remember the coords or npcs location, except for some which I often go, like Mengpai, Tu Ju etc... =P
  • Impkitty - Sanctuary
    Impkitty - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6615/pwimapgrid.jpg

idk...something seems off...

and remember, this is only for my own reference. i very very much appreciate all the work that was already put into making this list and map.

(not to mention the geographic map i bought in-game was priceless). b:victory
  • Talshina - Dreamweaver
    Talshina - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The numbers are X, Y coordinates on the map.

The first number is the horizontal, X axis. Low numbers are to the west, high numbers are to the east.
    The second number is the vertical, Y axis. Low numbers are to the south, high numbers are to the north.
    Just think "Over and Up," like a reversed "L".

000 000 is somewhere off the map to the southwest. (I've actually been to the southernmost border, south of City of the Plume, and the Y number was higher than 000)
  • Varriana - Dreamweaver
    Varriana - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You can enter the coords in the field "Target location" at the top left part of the Coordinate Assistant window.
    Suppose the quest description says that the NPC you need is located at 500,600. You enter 500 600 (the numbers should be separated by a space, not a comma!) and click the >>>> button next to the field. A new window will pop up, prompting you to enter a name for that coordinate point. So enter some name, and you'll have a new target in your coordinate assistant, which will be also marked on your world map.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You can enter the coords in the field "Target location" at the top left part of the Coordinate Assistant window.
    Suppose the quest description says that the NPC you need is located at 500,600. You enter 500 600 (the numbers should be separated by a space, not a comma!) and click the >>>> button next to the field. A new window will pop up, prompting you to enter a name for that coordinate point. So enter some name, and you'll have a new target in your coordinate assistant, which will be also marked on your world map.
    They really should add a feature so you can right-click on any quest coordinates and have them automatically entered into the coordinate assistant.