Which Class?

Options
Nnn - Sanctuary
Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Hey Everyone

i got a simple question

My Male friend dosen't know what to be , which class.

his tried every class and still dosent no which to pick

the role he wants to play is, solo good, nice amount of damage , and in partys attack from the side lines.Sounds alot like a venomancer, but he dosent want to be one cause there only Female.

He dosen't want to pk.

so does anyone know which character is like a Veno type.
which can solo
good damage
attack from sidelines.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NNN-SANCTUARY
Post edited by Nnn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xenaphis - Dreamweaver
    Xenaphis - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    uh.. Just a general blademaster would be good for that, wouldn't it? They can use bows, I do quite frequently... And they are great soloing, as well as do good damage :)

just a suggestion :)
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    From what you're saying, I think BM would be a good choise: good survivability, pretty good damage (maybe swords would be a good idea?), and can attack from sideline in a party as long as there is another tank.

As far as I know, archers would also fit the description, but your probably more capable to speak about that class :p
  • Nnn - Sanctuary
    Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    uh.. Just a general blademaster would be good for that, wouldn't it? They can use bows, I do quite frequently... And they are great soloing, as well as do good damage :)

just a suggestion :)

hmm which BM build, axe or sword though?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NNN-SANCTUARY
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hmm which BM build, axe or sword though?

I suggest you/your friend check the guide on the BM section. The guide that's stickied gives a nice and short description of the different builds.

I know sword is the highest damage, but 1 on 1 based. Axes are a bit less powerfull, but have aoe's and stuns. Poleblade does fair damage, and has straight line aoe's and ranged attacks. Fists are high attackrate + crit and can use a good bow. (I'm not a BM expert, so there can be some mistakes b:surrender, but at least you have a quick reply b:victory )
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ur answer is a cleric
    or a archer...
    but from what u discribed cleric is the best
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    no. clerics have bad damage as u go up in level compared to the other casters.

level up a wiz. its going to be hard for the first 50-60 levels but itll work in the high levels in all the criterias u name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If he wants a veno but doesn't want to be female, roll a BM. Melee-only sucks on some fights, but otherwise they are very self sufficient. An archer may be another good choice, but my limited experience in the lower levels is that they are a pain to get high enough to be effective.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I started my archer about a week ago and I've got her up to 34 almost entirely solo. There were some tough patches between 12 and 19, but those are fast levels. From then on, the only help I've needed was with bosses.

Archers have increadibly high dmg, especially later on.

Archers attack from the sidelines, not in the middle of melee.

Archers are pretty soloable, and a good cash-cow to boot.