Dex Wiz???!!! 0.0

Moobysnax - Lost City
Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
I have not made this but just throwing it out there. Could a dex wiz be useful? It will be a 1 str 3 dex 6 mag build. Taking the crit concept of light armor and only usin robes. Would the crit be that much better than LA or will it be too gimp to even think about using? If anyone is willing to try this tell us how well it does. An alternate could be 1 str 2 dex 7 mag build. This is a what if only so don't flame me for posting up something that I haven't heard of yet. In the forums I haven't seen this kind of build be considered. So I just want to see how well experienced wizards think this will do.
Post edited by Moobysnax - Lost City on

Comments

• AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    LA users regularly use robes to deal with magic mobs... thats basically a bad LA biuld..
  • Sindygoboom - Sanctuary
    Sindygoboom - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Standard light armor build can still use robes, so not gaining anything there.

Your build provides 1 extra dex every 2 levels. So at most you'll be gaining *maybe* 3% crit if you max level, and virtually no gain otherwise.

1/2/7 is worse, as you can't wear light armor and do less damage than a pure. You basically take the worst of both builds and none of the positives. Not even extra crit over an LA.

I'm all for creativity, I just don't see these builds as viable...but of course i've been wrong before.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if you wish to have high % crit, go make archer instead. 20 dex (+1% crit) is ok. 40 dex (+2% crit) is only viable for LA. anything higher than 60 dex (+3%) will certainly lower your dmg considerably. go magic instead and buy stuff with +% crit and I grant you'll like the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I know someone on LC... 8x mage with dex build. I simply don't get it. b:chuckle

Re-stat to LA or re-roll archer if you're obsessed with a crit rate.
This discussion has been closed.