Farming guide?

Options
iwuvgames2
iwuvgames2 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
I read venomancers are the best for soloing and farming is that true? If so what build is purely for farming and PVE. What stats, armor, weapons are used?

Thanks
Post edited by iwuvgames2 on

Comments

• kasapina
    kasapina Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Normally, the PvE venomancer build is the mag one. Just put enough points in str for your equipment, give it a bit of vitality if you want, and all else to mag.

Venomancers are best at soloing for a single reason - they have a pet. This is like a mage (high damage) that comes with a tank (the pet) and a healer (you can heal the pet b:laugh).
  • mythago
    mythago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    full int, min str req and only worry about upgrading weapon for max mag atk....mob dead in 3 nukes before it even hits you so armour not an issue til 60+
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So what happens at 60+? Do monsters ignore the pet, so you need Vit and armor? Are the maps crowded so you can't find a safe spot to stand without aggoring stuff around you?
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Your still very good at farming even at higher levels im 71 now and have not any big problems to farm.
    You do have to learn how every kind of target react at the damage you deal.

I also noticed in general that if you are farming on targets 4-5 levels below you your pet struggle to keep the aggro. But in general the targets die faster so you just have to learn how many spells you need to finish it off.

The problem you will have are when you get in trouble for some reason. If you went the pure magic build way. You die really fast if the mobs get to you. Even faster if they using physical damage on you.

Always be ready to jump on your mount or run when your in tricky situations.
    And we do have a lot of tricks in our spellbag that are really usefull to survive. its just a question of having the time to use them.

Venos rocks

Edit reason: 4-5 below you are when you do fb:s or other elite mobs. Normal mobs i hardly ever have a reason to kill if they are lower then me.
  • zeddybear
    zeddybear Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have a lvl 68 Veno and i am grinding mobs that are lvl 75 no problem your pet can always hold agro you just have to rember to lvl up your pets agro skill. mine is at 4 right now. i almost never pull agro unless i do 2 crits in a row.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    iwuvgames2 wrote: »
    I read venomancers are the best for soloing and farming is that true? If so what build is purely for farming and PVE.

Thanks
    than read more lol
    it's ovb said in every guid that pure int is, why don't u read them?
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]