Tips for Wizard

Options
Lyzzern - Lost City
Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
I started this thread to give some Tips and Advices to be a good Wizard in my opinion. Of course some people may not agree, so please post yours.

Player Versus Environment
To be successful in PvE there are some Tips you can follow:
-Kiting (Using a Powerfull Spell to begin, then a Fast Spell and a Knock Back against a Melee Monster will let you win that fight with no damage.
-Using Slowing Skills to slow the monster is a great way to save time for Slow Channeling Spells
-Using Distance Shrink to run away from monsters (Specially in Water) is a great way to run from them so you can have more time
-With some Dex and Evasion Necklaces you can evade most Melee Monster's attacks.
-Also with enough Dex you can have a powerful Critical % and that enables you to One/Two shot enemies.
-Bet on good weapons to lower the ammount of skills you have to use to kill a Monster
-Against hard monsters you can use the following sequence: Divine Pyrogram, Gush, Pyrogram, Will of The Phoenix, Gush, Pyrogram... (Untill the monster dies)
-On water, always use Glacial Embrace Buff (Good defense against water and MP recovery)
-Using Light Armor, always use Stone Barrier and level it up.

Now for Player Versus Player
-Use Distance Shrink against Melee Fighters
-Try to have a HP Charm always with you
-Use Fast HP recovery Potions (The Jiaozi are great)
-Using Light Armor helps a lot combined with Stone Barrier against Physical Enemies.
-Slow down Melee Oponnents and run.
-Always PK a Light Wizard if you see them.
-Try to get as much advantage as you can from Surprise Element.
[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
Post edited by Lyzzern - Lost City on

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    my favorite one is always Pk a light wizard when you see one.b:chuckle
    will do my friendb:victory
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    my only advice is this:
    starting from lvl 20 bank money for a good wpn.
    At lvl 34 you can get a raybender for about 150k that will serve you well until 43.
    At 43 you should have about 1.5 mil set aside for a Wheel of Fate. Get it and you'll forget about kitting for at least 10 lvls.

Mage is all about dmg...and to max that you need the best wpn you can equip. If you're doing things right, you'll have no problems.
    I'm at lvl 45 now, grinding lvl 48 mobs. 3 hits/mob, nothing gets close enough to hit me. I have 1200 hp, but who cares? I'm not on PvP

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lvl 38 wiz eats barbarians in pvp
    kiting is good for pvp not the pheonix one the gush one, one time i used gush on my friend (who is a barb) and he was moving so slow he thought he was lagging lolz
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I started this thread to give some Tips and Advices to be a good Wizard in my opinion. Of course some people may not agree, so please post yours.

Player Versus Environment
    To be successful in PvE there are some Tips you can follow:
    -Kiting (Using a Powerfull Spell to begin, then a Fast Spell and a Knock Back against a Melee Monster will let you win that fight with no damage.
    -Using Slowing Skills to slow the monster is a great way to save time for Slow Channeling Spells
    -Using Distance Shrink to run away from monsters (Specially in Water) is a great way to run from them so you can have more time
    -With some Dex and Evasion Necklaces you can evade most Melee Monster's attacks.Even archers have a tough time evading mobs. Its a better idea to use physical defence accessories if you are a robe mage, or elemental resist if you are light. Evasion necklaces? No!
    -Also with enough Dex you can have a powerful Critical % and that enables you to One/Two shot enemies. What's "enough" dex? You only need enough to wear your light armor pieces. No extra!
    -Bet on good weapons to lower the ammount of skills you have to use to kill a Monster
    -Against hard monsters you can use the following sequence: Divine Pyrogram, Gush, Pyrogram, Will of The Phoenix, Gush, Pyrogram... (Untill the monster dies) Hard monsters for mages are not melee mobs. They're ranged physical mobs. Try using will of phoenix against a ranged mob, i dare ya.
    -On water, always use Glacial Embrace Buff (Good defense against water and MP recovery)
    -Using Light Armor, always use Stone Barrier and level it up.

Now for Player Versus Player
    -Use Distance Shrink against Melee Fighters
    -Try to have a HP Charm always with you
    -Use Fast HP recovery Potions (The Jiaozi are great)
    -Using Light Armor helps a lot combined with Stone Rain against Physical Enemies. You meant barrier right? :)
    -Slow down Melee Oponnents and run. Trying to run from a bm is hardly practical.
    -Always PK a Light Wizard if you see them. Aren't YOU a light wizard? You have dex.
    -Try to get as much advantage as you can from Surprise Element.You can't surprise a good player on LC. We're used to checking the T key. Plus, if you see a veno with phoenix, you'll never out range them.

Here's what I think.
    Filter out what you don't agree with.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Uhh, any barb with a hiero > a wizard, basically at any level. Including 3x.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Uhh, any barb with a hiero > a wizard, basically at any level. Including 3x.

Uhh any barb with a herio > any class <_<

b:chuckle
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Uhh any barb with a herio > any class <_<

b:chuckle

oh yes, that's right. but PvP in this game means mass ganking so even barbs fall easily^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Chocoo:
    - I evade 75% of Barbs and BMs attacks with my 700 Evasion.
    - Enough Dex until you feel like its too much. My build is 0.5 str 1.5 Dex rest mag, just for the critical
    - I did WoPed many Ranged Physicals to kite.
    - Yes I meant barrier, already fixed.
    - No I'm not a Light Armored, I'm a robe with a lot of critical and it's working just fine.
    - Yes you can, many people doesn't even like PKing, unfortunatly, they run from me when I attack them
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
This discussion has been closed.