question | charms - fac cleric

2»

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Clerics will always be better off going for mana charms for two major reasons:

1. You get 50% extra mana than you do health for each charm. You could actually just use Plume Shell as you main skill and still save more money than buying a health charm.

2. We can heal. Right now for 230 mana, I heal on average 2523 health. So 10.9 health per point, plus the 50% boost means I get 16.45 hp worth for each 1 hp I'd get from buying a health charm. The number will climb the higher you level.

So in short, solo without health charms and just use heals from your mana charm. It ends up being more efficient by a large margin.

Also Cayeon's guide does mention to get Ironheart towards the end of the guide I think it was. He mentioned it was too hard to work without heals, so broke down and leveled it. Won't let me follow the link, so I can't say exactly where it was. But people should read a whole guide before commenting on it. Especially those pesky end notes that discuss pitfalls and how to avoid them. Useful stuff that.
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Clerics will always be better off going for mana charms for two major reasons:

1. You get 50% extra mana than you do health for each charm. You could actually just use Plume Shell as you main skill and still save more money than buying a health charm.

2. We can heal. Right now for 230 mana, I heal on average 2523 health. So 10.9 health per point, plus the 50% boost means I get 16.45 hp worth for each 1 hp I'd get from buying a health charm. The number will climb the higher you level.

So in short, solo without health charms and just use heals from your mana charm. It ends up being more efficient by a large margin.

Also Cayeon's guide does mention to get Ironheart towards the end of the guide I think it was. He mentioned it was too hard to work without heals, so broke down and leveled it. Won't let me follow the link, so I can't say exactly where it was. But people should read a whole guide before commenting on it. Especially those pesky end notes that discuss pitfalls and how to avoid them. Useful stuff that.
    i've read 3 "fac" guides, all of them say to avoid heals, only getting revive to level 1.

Oh really?

It's mentioned on page 9 of Cayeon's guide...
    Ironheart Blessing: ... so I advise you to level it at
    least a little. Consider it as a short secondary regeneration buff.

Interesting, probably the best FAC guide available tells FACs to level a heal. Hmmm...

And Cayeon also says to NEVER even get Revive. Have you read the guides?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shield
    shield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Actually it's quite useful in TT as well. Some of the AoE bosses will murder the entire party without it.

Thats generally not a concern of the DD style FAC. That is instead a Support Clerics role.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah.MP Charms are better for clerics I really go to try that full int cleric.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Oh really?

It's mentioned on page 9 of Cayeon's guide...

Interesting, probably the best FAC guide available tells FACs to level a heal. Hmmm...

And Cayeon also says to NEVER even get Revive. Have you read the guides?

cayeon says get level 1 revive, and he also says towards the end that he never had iron heart until he was in the later levels and found out being full attack was so useless that he had to level it. he never had it leveling up, because he's an idiot, but he broke down later and realized full attack doesn't work. so, by his logic, he is no longer full attack, and is just a worthless cleric without the ability to support his squad to full efficiency.

i can't get his guide to open, but i know he talked about how useful he was, and how much everybody would choose him over a wizard any day. i lol'd.

his attack plan, which is funny:
    (even on normal monsters)magic debuff > cyclone > wield thunder > cyclone, then i guess he assumes it's dead. that might work on things that are a good ~10 levels lower, but the debuff he used adds less than 100 dmg to a normal monster, so he'd generally hit 4000~ with cyclone and 5000~6000 with wield thunder.

he also says that plume shot is entirely useless and will be replaced in the later levels by thunderball(lol), but should be maxed at a lower level.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    no, that's a fac. a fac is a "full attack cleric". did you read these guides? you're just a cleric. a full int cleric, like myself, so our heals are even(assuming you and i have the same level in our heals). a fac will never be a healer, they attack, that's all they do. i've met facs in game, they really mess up good tt/fb runs when we think they can heal.

you try tenticle with 1 squishy cleric and 1 random plume shotting, it doesn't look nice.

and, honestly, at 81 your heals and attacks should all have a good level on them. spirit-wise, your level has that area locked down. don't call yourself a fac, the only thing you do is make yourself look like an idiot saying it. you're a cleric, nothing more.
    Read the guides closer, they DO heal. You dont go around making professional names like 'Full Attack Cleric' and 'Full Support Cleric' based on how un-versatile each player decides to ACT. Its based on their stats and their gear. From reading the other posts it seems your taking the word "Full attack Cleric" literally.
    Cayeons guide is not THE bible for a FAC, its just the basis to follow. A guide is not a law, its just a helper to manuever through your goal and destination. You dont have to follow his exact and every step in skill and action to be considered a full attack cleric, thats would just be un-unique cleric copycat. Same as how other classes choose a specific build yet each choose different gear and weapons.

For instance even for archer thers 3 types; full dex, tank based, and hybrid. Full dex is the squishiest, but it does not mean it cant be versatile and fill in to be a tank based on the rate of cure, their HP and DEF, type of mob, and the availability of class in the squad.

Each class you can adjust your character to play a role differently, but depending on the situation, you can also make it very versatile, which does not mean it completely erases the role you essentially built it for.

Dont go calling pple idiots, it just makes you sound immature, unless that is how you go around acting to other pple when you first meet them for discussion. Have some etiquette online, even though you cant see the other person on the other side of the screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    "full attack clerics" heal? if you say so.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Was reading the guide in the link, and have to say LOL!
    He said he didnt get IH until he realized he needed it, didnt max it so that he wouldnt be called for a roll of healer in party. He is so useless.
    On top of that his PvP tips are also just LOL!
    Who ever goes literally by his guide is a fail cleric.
    He says you are better then mage? So wrong, without ability to heal your self and party you are worthless.

His guide for FAC's isn't valid, want pure dps? Go mage or archer.

FAC's what that build should be is, only a cleric who gives up from few heals, not all heals so he can lv up his attacks and debuffs lill bit faster then other clerics.
    Tho the name "full attack" really stinks for a cleric b:surrender
    b:dirty
  • thewordlesssignature
    thewordlesssignature Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    God, stop taking the name so freaken literally. The good FAC's will have a heal, and won't be stupid enough to let other people die if they are in a squad. People that can't play the game and claim that they are FAC's will be the ones that **** everyone over.

You keep saying FAC's suck because of bad experiences with people that claim to be FACs. Well then, I might as well say all Barbs suck just because a few I had squad with lost aggro. But guess what? There are Barbs that are so FREAKEN AWESOME that they shouldn't be included in that statement.

It also follows the same thing for us: Not all FAC's suck. Some of us have a brain of our own and actually make our own decisions but we lean towards attack. And **** the name FAC if its getting this much damn criticism just because of the NAME.

jaa,
    sano
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    God, stop taking the name so freaken literally. The good FAC's will have a heal, and won't be stupid enough to let other people die if they are in a squad. People that can't play the game and claim that they are FAC's will be the ones that **** everyone over.

You keep saying FAC's suck because of bad experiences with people that claim to be FACs. Well then, I might as well say all Barbs suck just because a few I had squad with lost aggro. But guess what? There are Barbs that are so FREAKEN AWESOME that they shouldn't be included in that statement.

It also follows the same thing for us: Not all FAC's suck. Some of us have a brain of our own and actually make our own decisions but we lean towards attack. And **** the name FAC if its getting this much damn criticism just because of the NAME.

jaa,
    sano

You have a link, read the guide...thats what ppl think fac's are, well they are right, doing stuff like will make you more then just worthless.
    Its not just the name issue, its his silly guide too.
  • thewordlesssignature
    thewordlesssignature Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    True that it is the guide that most people follow, but not everyone does...eeeh, I'm prolly gonna give up on this whole thing XD

jaa,
    sano
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I have a FAC build to on my other cleric b:surrender
    *not like in the guide xD*
  • Coralynxia - Sanctuary
    Coralynxia - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    DEAR FORP:

No one really cares about your thoughts on FAC clerics. Thank you for sharing your unbridled frustration with a community of players that ultimately is looking to have FUN, not necessarily play to the strategic standards of your "superior" methods of game play. Not everyone is trying to play superior builds or play the best strategic methods. If someone wants to build a terrible build and play it poorly that is their choice. It is their gaming adventure and perhaps their sense of role playing that leads them to make those decisions. Perhaps a person really wants to be an elf archer but also likes to fight with axes. If that's what makes them happy and how they want to play- great for them. You seem to look at these types of players and judge them and then flameb :angry them when you are not in a position to do so. Anytime you are about to go and criticize and insult people, whom you barely know, on an electronic forum, about something that is virtually meaningless, you should probably ask yourself if it is worth preaching to a deaf choir in the first place. Once again no one really cares. I am amused that thousands of lesser players are having more fun than you are, not bursting veins over watching and reading other players play poorly.

My suggestion to you:

Lay off the posting for a while. Go do Yoga. Go get some fresh air. Eat a banana. Play with your action figures. Do some pushups. Call your grandmother and invite her to play Perfect World. Tell her she'd make a great Barbarian. Go plant a tree. Brush your teeth. Paint a picture. Read about how 30,000+ kids die every day due to starvation and don't have the opportunity to take time and flame people on this Perfect World Forum. b:sad

Sincerely,

Your Fellow Player- Coralynxia
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    blah blah blah

yeah ok.
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That was a long pointless post. If ur gonna directly say something to Forp, pm him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    one answer...
    FAC= one shot
  • Iney - Lost City
    Iney - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    one answer...
    FAC= one shot
    This is not correct. They are fragile, yes, but my 70lvl FAC (full mag really, I followed Cayeon's guide but at 50+ started to support) was 1-shotted only by 80+ archers with crit. 3-shot or 5-shot with hp charm, this is closer to truth. FACs require very good connection and fast reflexes, but they're not THAT fragile (unless gear is really crappy).
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is not correct. They are fragile, yes, but my 70lvl FAC (full mag really, I followed Cayeon's guide but at 50+ started to support) was 1-shotted only by 80+ archers with crit. 3-shot or 5-shot with hp charm, this is closer to truth. FACs require very good connection and fast reflexes, but they're not THAT fragile (unless gear is really crappy).

good luck with refine and shards
  • Iney - Lost City
    Iney - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    good luck with refine and shards
    What a surprise. No one tells you that FAC is not expensive.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Not sure why people bring up refine and shards, instead of time/level to get to that point. Eventually, anyone playing for 3+ years, should have high refine and shards on all their endgame gear; and by 1 year people should have mid to high refined lvls to transfer. And the faster you lvl, the earlier you will get the endgame to start saving money for the refines. So might as well focus on which can make it there faster instead.
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    Kealani - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I love how this turned into another FAC vs Support Cleric/whatever thread.......................bloody hell people,it's a damn game. Get over it and let people play how they want. All the topic creator wanted to know about were charms and if a FAC could solo or not. That's all. They did NOT ask whether or not you think FAC is a fake build,best build,whatever. So if you want to bicker,make your own damn thread at least.

Don't like the idea of a FAC and think those who do are stupid? To bloody bad,no one cares in the end.

Love the idea of a FAC but think those who say it sucks are idiots? To bloody bad,no one cares in the end.