Assault on archosaur

Vixentriel - Heavens Tear
Vixentriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Heaven's Tear, Lost City & Sanctuary: 5 p.m. Pacific (8 p.m. Eastern)

I hope you realise your locking out the european continent for enjoying this event...

The event will be at 4 AM for us dutchees/germans that play the game and 3 AM with people from the UK?

It means everyone for europe will have 3-6 AM time the event will start..

There's europeans that play PWI too you know, and having it done on the night of Monday-Teusday isnt helping alot...

People work, Have school, There is no way for us to enjoy your events.

This also includes the older events...

If you done the event on saterday/sunday 3/4 pm eastern it would be okay for us to enjoy the event as well as for the american continental players, but right now we have no way of particiating other then canceling real life work/school because of this event, which isnt very pleasable.
Post edited by Vixentriel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    except then you'd have it at noon-1pm pacific time.. which is what this server is geared towards.. and i dunno about you.. but i'm usually out doing things at noon on a saturday ...

this server is based on pacific time.. it will always be more convient for those in that time zone
  • Vixentriel - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    except then you'd have it at noon-1pm pacific time.. which is what this server is geared towards.. and i dunno about you.. but i'm usually out doing things at noon on a saturday ...

this server is based on pacific time.. it will always be more convient for those in that time zone

I played long enoug on alot MMORPGS that that would be the best zone to do a event that only lasts a small time. Never have I heard aside from that peopel will go away for one day etc....

There enough european players on the server to do etxactly that.

I am from europe, Not from America

Once again, Theres only the usual complains from american people that have to go for one day and then they *must* join the event.

Instead of thinking about your own, Think about thousands of european players as well...

Thats what the fact is, Some americans use that as a lame excuse just to lock europeans out. And not every american is away on saterday

I dont mean this as offensive as it is, Its ment, that just because a few americans want to join the event, thousands of europeans get locked out.

Lets face it, Its daytime in USA, Alot of people will play. Its evening of europe, ALot of europeans will play as well
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I'm not complaining about anything.. I never participate in these events.. my laptop that I play on sucks and it is just a slideshow if I actually show up.. insane lag.. I was just saying that this server is based on pacific standard time and thats what the server events are gonna be based on ..

Fact is.. the europeans don't HAVE to go either.. they can stay up if they want to.. its all about whether or not its worth it to them..

I am not trying to lock any europeans out.. its just that this server is based on PST time.. and every time will be settled around it.. I am in the EST time zone .. so they aren't always at a convenient time for me either.. I can't participate in Dragon Temple ever unless I wanna stay up late and be tired for work in the morning
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It is based in the USA, but it's called Perfect World INTERNATIONAL !!!

They should at least TRY to make it fair to everyone, not just to the nearby players b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Heaven's Tear, Lost City & Sanctuary: 5 p.m. Pacific (8 p.m. Eastern)

I hope you realise your locking out the european continent for enjoying this event...

The event will be at 4 AM for us dutchees/germans that play the game and 3 AM with people from the UK?

It means everyone for europe will have 3-6 AM time the event will start..

There's europeans that play PWI too you know, and having it done on the night of Monday-Teusday isnt helping alot...

People work, Have school, There is no way for us to enjoy your events.

This also includes the older events...

If you done the event on saterday/sunday 3/4 pm eastern it would be okay for us to enjoy the event as well as for the american continental players, but right now we have no way of particiating other then canceling real life work/school because of this event, which isnt very pleasable.

it's only one day of the week where you need to wake up... jezzz. it's not all that hard. if it is don't play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Yea its called perfect world international.. but they don't allow Asian countries to play on it... so its not really international .. never has been haha
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    Keroman - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yea its called perfect world international.. but they don't allow Asian countries to play on it... so its not really international .. never has been haha

That's because the game came out in Asia long before the International version was released.
    And english games are always based on America.. hell, MapleStory stopped letting you sign up to their Global version if you're not in North America.
    Having the event on a monday does seem a bit silly, though.
    edited March 2009
    it's only one day of the week where you need to wake up... jezzz. it's not all that hard. if it is don't play the game.

Wake up at 3 AM my time? when I have work the next day???

Why would I risc work work for a game?

Stop being lame.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wake up at 3 AM my time? when I have work the next day???

Why would I risc work work for a game?

Stop being lame.

I can understand your complaint, but at the same time some of us who live in the Pacific Time Zone cannot attend the event either. Its called a job.

So please do not complain that you are the only ones who are affected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    And you still have a hope to participate in these time based event? :O I droped this hope when found out about TW times for me :P

PWI is international. There are so many nationalities in one single America...
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    No matter what time or day they chose someone would have to miss it. Not all people have weekends open to play. PWI is never going to make everyone happy no matter what they choose. On all games I have played on there is never pleasing the whole player base.
    Just like when I played in Eq our guild could not make all happy with when people chose to do raids. Same reason people in different time zones, basically we just have to work with what they give us. Either you can make the events or you can't its not going to change.

kristiona
  • Felinea - Lost City
    Felinea - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Do you guys not realize that there is a PwEU....
    This one is based in the US and everyone knew it..
    PW-EU has been around longer and if you wanna complain about times for EU ppl then go to the EU game.. k
    If u dont want to move then stop complaining.
    PW-My is china times..
    PWI is Us times..
    Pw-EU is euro times..
    not that hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you love something enough, you won't stop fighting.
    edited March 2009
    A: Prove when EU was made?

B: We EU players cant switch servers. so stfu.

C: We EU players play on International, Why, ebecause it says INTERNATIONAL, not europe.

And its the first to show up on search engines

D: there is no europe ban on PWI..

So please ,Stop giving me your ****ty comments about move to PW eu then.
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Europeans can join if they want, they just have to stay up late. However for Australians with jobs/school its impossible, because the event is right in the middle of a working day. -.-

<== Still votes for Saturday
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Do you guys not realize that there is a PwEU....
    This one is based in the US and everyone knew it..
    PW-EU has been around longer and if you wanna complain about times for EU ppl then go to the EU game.. k
    If u dont want to move then stop complaining.
    PW-My is china times..
    PWI is Us times..
    Pw-EU is euro times..
    not that hard

PWI-NA is older than the one based in Europe which began it's open beta this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The new servers was implemented to fix lag from the eastern coast and eruope. Also to provide better event times for europe since the new servers are on eastern time. I think that was what the gms said. Go to a new server. I know its not the answer you would like but every game I have played. The event times are set as the best time for the majority of the player base. This is the only game ive ever played that has put in servers on a different timezone to attemt to help the players further away from the main base of operations. Maybe someday they will put some servers in europe. But they will never be able to set the event time to be good for everyone untill they do.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The new servers was implemented to fix lag from the eastern coast and eruope. Also to provide better event times for europe since the new servers are on eastern time. I think that was what the gms said. Go to a new server. I know its not the answer you would like but every game I have played. The event times are set as the best time for the majority of the player base. This is the only game ive ever played that has put in servers on a different timezone to attemt to help the players further away from the main base of operations. Maybe someday they will put some servers in europe. But they will never be able to set the event time to be good for everyone untill they do.

too bad they failed. it lags more now on all servers than it did before.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/whatis
    "Perfect World Entertainment’s goal is to provide North American users with perfectly polished gameplay, exceptional localization, the highest quality customer service, and an unparalleled online community experience."
  • JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
    JiHuwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    A: Prove when EU was made?

B: We EU players cant switch servers. so stfu.

C: We EU players play on International, Why, ebecause it says INTERNATIONAL, not europe.

And its the first to show up on search engines

D: there is no europe ban on PWI..

So please ,Stop giving me your ****ty comments about move to PW eu then.

seriously? calm down a few notches, its a GAME, if you have to work, oh well, go to work, play when you get back. or go to sleep earlier so you can wake up, shower, play, and still be refreshed for work. not THAT hard to plan in advance kiddoh. so stop with the QQ and telling people to stfu. totally not the jazz thats made for forums.
    Just when you thought Light Armor on a Cleric was too much... 7% crit though FTW b:victory
    edited March 2009
    "Perfect World Entertainment

I am sorry but you dont read any posts at all. Specially since Europe only got released just now -.-
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    "Perfect World Entertainment

I am sorry but you dont read any posts at all. Specially since Europe only got released just now -.-

What i quoted was taken directly off PWI's mission goal website, its why i provided a link as well. PWE as a corporation was set up to get a foot hold in North America. That what their mission statement & goal is. Go ahead & click the link i provided & READ for yourself... It's at the bottom... I'll wait... go ahead....

So you can sit there and talk about how they need to do things at times for European players when in fact, if it inconveniences North American player more, they wont and dont plan to. It's not meant for European players.

International - adj - Common or affecting two or more nations.

Two or more. Not Global. If this game was Perfect World Global, you'd have a legitamate gripe. But it isnt. I read all of the posts, and you didnt read mine. Which explicitely references PWE's home page & the service THEY say they'll provide.
    edited March 2009
    You do realise, If it was north america aimed only, They would of put a ban to europe? You do realise thats possible to only allow NA people on servers? lol.

Anyway, I am done argueing since you all need to refer to the euro version while it just came out....
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You do realise, If it was north america aimed only, They would of put a ban to europe? You do realise thats possible to only allow NA people on servers? lol.

Anyway, I am done argueing since you all need to refer to the euro version while it just came out....

the point is that their goal is to base it on the interests of people in NA. that doesnt mean that they cant allow others to join in. just that things will not be done on their timeframes.