If you ran an MMORPG....

Zoe - Heavens Tear
Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
What would your rules be? What would be the guidelines players would have to follow? What would get them banned? It's YOUR game so you can make up whatever rules you want, no matter how crazy they are.

In my case:

Intentionally pissing players off is griefing and bannable.

Liking when people hate you is griefing and bannable.

Greed would have a GM take every item and coin you own from every account you own, reduce all your characters to level 1, not allow them to redo the quests they already did, and give them a negative coin balance, making every coin they get automatically go to it. All items you get are automatically converted to the NPC coin value and added to pay off what you owe the game.

There would be open PK but if a player ever kills another player that wasn't ready or is too many levels lower, the pker will automatically lose their most valuable item they own and it will end up in the inventory of the player they killed.

If you are red name from pking and die for any reason at all, your character is automatically deleted.

All I can think of at the moment but I know there are more I'd have.
Main characters
Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
Post edited by Zoe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Intentionally pissing players off is griefing and bannable.

Liking when people hate you is griefing and bannable.

For the first, yes. For the second, I'm not so sure on that.
    Greed would have a GM take every item and coin you own from every account you own, reduce all your characters to level 1, not allow them to redo the quests they already did, and give them a negative coin balance, making every coin they get automatically go to it. All items you get are automatically converted to the NPC coin value and added to pay off what you owe the game.

That may be going too far, and instead may put them off the game entirely. The point of punishment must at least put them off from committing the act or make them pay for their crime so they help repair the damage and refrain from doing it ever again, but not from continuing playing.
    There would be open PK but if a player ever kills another player that wasn't ready or is too many levels lower, the pker will automatically lose their most valuable item they own and it will end up in the inventory of the player they killed.

Personally I like having an optional PK server environments where you can choose a optional PK or open PK one. It satisfies both the PK-hungry and anti-PK players and even the ones 'in-between'. Forcing players to play in a open PK world whether they like it or not, even one with harsh penalties and high chaces of being caught, would annoy many people like hell.
    If you are red name from pking and die for any reason at all, your character is automatically deleted.

That's too harsh, even if the player is a ****-hole. b:chuckle
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Tannenbaum - Lost City
    Tannenbaum - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Ouch. Remind me not to **** you off.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would pre-ban Zoe from any game I run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Benjabob - Dreamweaver
    Benjabob - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    haha yeah id preban zoe too. shes nasty. but forget the rules. id have no lvl caps at all. and when a person is a high enough level and skilled enough they can do a quest. the msot challenging quest ever and if they beat it they get access to a secret "hang out" area where they can hang with the GM's"
  • Merulz - Harshlands
    Merulz - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I find it funny that this is coming from a PvE player. Butthurt much?