Is it legal?

Rynoa - Harshlands
Rynoa - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Is it posible to log in on two accounts and to meet my self ? If it is,please tell me what to do. But,if it is ilegal ,don't even bother. In some games ppl have to use **** to logg in on 2 accounts,and if so,I would rather leave the game than play wit hacks!
Post edited by Rynoa - Harshlands on

Comments

• andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    No, that's illegal. If you have two computers, you can log in on both, but you can't do both on one computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raein - Lost City
    Raein - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you want to trade with yourself legally, do what I do. I find an area where no one will ever look, and just drop off my items there, then I switch characters and pick them up, no bid deal. My favourite place is behind a couple building in Etherblade, next to that cosmetic NPC, the one that gives you make overs, no one ever pays attention and it's easy to get to xD
  • Corwin - Dreamweaver
    Corwin - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm pretty sure you can just mail items from one character to another though I'm not sure of the legality of this method or if it would even work. There is a 500 coin fee per letter but that shouldn't be a problem unless you are really new or want to send a lot of items.
  • Talshina - Dreamweaver
    Talshina - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Safest way to transfer items between your characters is to use the mailbox post, but it does cost 500 coins per letter, which can only hold one item. And it takes one hour for the letter to be delivered.
    If you have in-game friends that you can *really* trust, you can ask them to hold onto the item(s) while you switch characters. Long term Faction members are usually willing to help.
    Dropping items in hidden places is risky, but can be effective. You'll want to find somewhere that's far from town, with little traffic passing through. Perhaps at 4:17 AM to make sure even less people are likely to stumble upon your spot. And walk both characters to the chosen location before dropping anything, so you can minimize the time your item is unsupervised. You want to basically be able to drop the item, log to the character selection screen, switch characters, and immediately pick it up.

Just be glad that PW isn't like some other Asian MMOs, with mobs that can pick up loot.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Dropping items isn't that risky. Just make sure your characters are in the same place, so you can pick up as soon as you switch. Also, pick a good spot: underwater spots are mostly deserted, and there are often rocks to hide what you're doing. I often do it in the middle of pierced heart lake, or in the great lake. You can be sure nobody passes by seeing your loot.
  • Ragnoram - Heavens Tear
    Ragnoram - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    No, that's illegal. If you have two computers, you can log in on both, but you can't do both on one computer.

Hey you've got your answer, I might log onto both on two computers some time.. would be cool.
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think if you have 2 computer, you can log in using the same account twice, and of course, in 2 different computer.

But max is 2 times I think. Meaning if you have 3 computer, you can only use twice of the same account to log in, the 3rd one, you need to be different, or one of your character will kick out.

Usually what I do for transfering is, either get help from friend, or using the post system.
    I tried once of dropping at a dessert location before. But due to some problem in logging the 2nd account after I log out, I found that my item (worth of 10-20k) are lost... That time still low level... so 10-20k is alot...

So since then, I stop using this method, as kind of risky...
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think if you have 2 computer, you can log in using the same account twice, and of course, in 2 different computer.

But max is 2 times I think. Meaning if you have 3 computer, you can only use twice of the same account to log in, the 3rd one, you need to be different, or one of your character will kick out.

Are you saying you can actually play two characters at the same time on the same account if you have two computers? I did not realize any game let you do that. I know you can play two characters on two different accounts using two computers but never realized you could be logged into the same account on two different computers at the same time.