No Res for me Thanks

Options
2»

Comments

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I always have Guardian Angels, so really dont give a **** about getting res'd.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    At higher levels even with res lvl 10, 90% XP loss reduction, you still lose something like 20k XP. Consider that people spend 30K on Oracle I which gives you just 12k XP and 35K for a GA seems pretty reasonable. Especially considering the convenience of not having to wait for a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    When I play my veno I don't care for rez either. As a veno I can earn back the exp loss easily. I think other classes may find it more precious. Plus, my veno is a more independent, need help from no one, solo anything, kicking azz and taking names sorta build.
    When I play my cleric it always puzzles me to see a player fall and immediately disappear. I always rez, never ask for anything, heal and buff afterward, and fly on... its just the nice thing to do and when I play cleric I'm a nice guy. When I see someone die and disappear immediately I figure they are embarrassed and wanna get out of Dodge before someone smells the brain **** they just blew. Its happens to all of us (I hope)... or maybe its just me. I take on more than I can chew, run into a dozen mobs shouting like Braveheart, think Im being all cool and invincible, then oops, where did that come from. Go from showing off hoping others are watching in awe to lying dead in the grass hoping no one saw and scrambling for the tele button before anyone can catch my name... but maybe that's just me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    When I see someone die and disappear immediately I figure they are embarrassed and wanna get out of Dodge before someone smells the brain **** they just blew.

when I'm being killed while soloing, I don't ask for rez. I understand I lose exps but at the same time I like to learn from my mistakes.

For instance, I got killed 3 times two days ago fighting some weird fish. I can kill those mobs easily if I can single them out by luring them away from the Pack. I have some tricks to lure the mob out of the pack with range attacks but this makes the mob to do mag range attacks on me which I don't want.

After 3 deads, I noticed that always 1 mob will spawn away enough from the pack to become my pray. I just needed patience.

Ok, what difference does it make if I had called a cleric every time? Well, if I had count on clerics rez I would had focused less on finding a solution to the problem since losing exps would not have been a big deal.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    because we have used TONS of money on getting our revive up to level (300k for level 10, for a skill that does a cleric no good at all) but we don't get to use it on those who help us; the sudden poof-ness of a comrade makes us run around screaming in circles.
    300k is less than a gold charm, and many players burn through those things like they were kindling, so it's not really TONS of money.

It's possible that players who go poof may have had an Angel, so they've already used it and gotten 100% EXP back for dying. In that case they've just saved you some mana by teleporting back to town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Firefoxkatee - Heavens Tear
    Firefoxkatee - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am <let say> born soloer but when some nice cleric decide to spare couple MPs to buff me or revive i will always thanks her/him whit full Thank You <i personally hate b:angry any thx or plox type shortcuts (habbit getting form other mmo) used by some players>.
    And level of heal?... is that really matter?, because in my point of view revive is revive and his level should be last factor taking under consideration b:puzzled .
    But perhaps i am rather "oldschool" player witch do not pay attention at such things as level of skill.
    Only thing what bothers me a little here are sending out of blue sqad invitations, but that is rather subject for another thread.
    Anyway to end i want to say here to all clerics witch will ever revive me or just buff out of blue
    THANK YOU b:thanks.
  • LadyVvall - Sanctuary
    LadyVvall - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well, I don't know, I like to ress people mainly for xp loss, but if they don't want it, and even town in the middle of casting, then fine. I understand some people just don't want things like that. ^.^ A matter of personal opinions and choice
    I don't like people. The sooner you can accept that, the sooner we can all go on with our insignificant lives.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I usually thank for the buffs and revives, if only I am not afk at that moment. I still consider Ridge of Dreamining Cloud as a place with nicest ppl. The only place where I got revives twice without even asking, just a moment after I died.

I have asked for revives as it is case of emergency. I usually ask twice, if no response, then go to town. Why to bother others, just because I died from my own mistakes or by accident? Just once I humbly accepted my guild mate's offer to revive me, when I was near Tusk and he was in Archo as I needed less than 5% till lvl up.

But about buffs... It seems wrong to ask for them. I sometimes cast my only "buff" on random ppl with out them asking (good way to check what kind of ppl are they), but I am not too pleased when random person runs to me and says "Buff me". If I am not pleased about that kind of ordering then why would clerics feel differently? Though I would ask politely instead...
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'd love to be ressed, but I'm soo used to not getting ressed that as soon as I go splat I click return to town.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • AshDarke - Sanctuary
    AshDarke - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'd like to thank all the clerics that care enough to help others, be it a res or with buffs. As a squishy robe type I must say I appreciate it but it makes me feel bad I have nothing to offer back that was until I got my own healing. Now I make an effort to pay forward for all the clerical help I'll receive in the future by healing others. b:thanks
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I gladly accept any buffs/rez's offered to me, i will always politely thank you for your troubles, if you happen to see me out and about on Sanctuary and you want help to kill things and im in proximity to you feel free to ask me, im always happy to help, as best as my noobish self can.