Perfect world vs some other mmo Cant choose!

jaggarx
jaggarx Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Hey guys,
i am stuck between (another MMO) and PW at the moment i have played both but (removed) i only wanna commit to one Free to play MMO. If anyone would like to help make up my mind please answer a few of my questions

- Whats the max level?
- What level can i start PvP and is PvP good in PW?
- Is this game a total grind fest?
- Are there instances?
- Is there a Arena or battlegrounds?
- Is this game fun all the way through

Thanks!
Post edited by jaggarx on

Comments

• Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    jaggarx wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    i am stuck between (another MMO) and PW at the moment i have played both but (removed) i only wanna commit to one Free to play MMO. If anyone would like to help make up my mind please answer a few of my questions

- Whats the max level?
    - Are there instances?

Thanks!

Hi Jaggarax

I will try to answer your questions although i am not very confident on every answer as am not playing the game that long. Here it goes :

-max level : I am not sure there is one, but i have heard about players level 120 on forums. This may help at least for making an idea about how far can you go leveling.

-If you are on a PvP sever you are automatically in PvP mode once you reach level 30. If the PvP is good ... well I think is is ... but you should really ask someone on a PvP server (Lost City or Harshlands).

-is the game a grindfest? this really is subjective, as i am not sure what you would call a grindfest. Still when you go level 40+ you may start to grind (more for the extra money actually), but after level 50+ the quests won't be enough to level so you will need to grind, do all sorts of repeated dungeon runs. Still if you ask me, i would not call it a frindfest at all.

-instances? if by instance you mean "events" , yes they are.

-Arena : checked ! yes there are Arenas too.

-so far for me, this game proved to be fun and also a bit addictive.

My general opinion about your dilemma : you should really, really give a try to PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL for a couple of days, see how it goes and after that you will make up your mind.
    For what is worth I can already say : WELCOME !!!!b:victory b:victory b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    - Whats the max level?

Currently 105. and reaching 105 is not easy to do. from 104 to 105 you need as much Xp as you needed to make it from 1 to 104.

PvP start at level 30. After that, on the Pve server you have an option to turn pvp off. On the PvP server, you are fair game for everyone. Is PvP good.. Main problem is that higher levels can come along and gank lower levels.

In later levels you have daily quests that helps you make some XP, but relying only on those will make your level very slowly. After level 60, this game really turn out into a grindfest. And most of the quest are a variation on the theme of "kill xxx of these monsters and come back to se mee after it's done". But then, I think most games out there are similar in that aspect. I know a couple who are not, but they are not F2P.
    - Are there instances?

Yes

There is ONE arena, and it's very costly to use. The free to use arenas were closed down many months ago for no apparent reasons.

In the later levels it depends more if you are in a fun guild than anything else. People you play with will become more important than what you need to do in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Whiteworld - Heavens Tear
    Whiteworld - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hey guys,

- Whats the max level?
    - Are there instances?

Thanks!

firstly, welcome, i'll try to help as much as i can, im fairly experienced b:victory.

-max level is 105, though i don't think anyone has reached this yet.

-well at 30 you can pvp in the pve server by pressing the pk button, in pvp servers it's forced though, the pvp is pretty good, even in pve servers, though there are those that aren't honourable pkers and are just plain rude.

-grind fest? no, up until around 34-40 you wont even run out of quests to lvl you up, once you get to a higher lvl grinding is needed, but you have other methods of gaining xp.

-instances? yes, though most people call them dungeons since you can't jump or escape (except from the entrance b:chuckle) most are fb's (boss dungeons) for spiritual cultivation, every 10 lvls starting from 19, though at 19 there's no chance you'll be able to do fb19, the dungeons are pretty much take the number and add 20-30 lvls, though in game the dungeons are named not numbered.

-ingame there is an arena but it's still not finished so it's only available for 1 hour or so on sundays (i think, never entered). in pvp servers though it is kind of a big arena, since you can fight anywhere outside towns without xp loss, but you risk losing items.

-is it fun all the way through? depends on your definition fun, if fun it lvling every day, learning all your skills when you get them, having really fancy items at an early lvl. then no, not fun, but if you like being the good, patient person, then yes this game is fun, it all comes down to what you think fun is, but i enjoy it and the game gets better once your a higher lvl.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Also, if it's any help:

My friend tried Runes of Magic to compare to PW, and was back on PW almost immediately.

According to him, PW is vast, and gives you the sense of a wide-open world. Runes of Magic made him feel claustrophobic and caged in.

Also, as a PvP'er, you get to PvP at 30. You don't get GOOD at a PvP until 60, as if you kill too many people, you'll just get gangraped or killed by higher level players.

Although, if you're looking for fast levelling, PW is not for you. You earn every. single. level.

Hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    just to add to what people have mentioned above.

If you handle your economy right, you can buy exps.

Regarding RoM. I have not tried that game yet but the forums here are at least busier and way better than ROM. Just see the last post on each tread here and you will notice a very active forum compared to ROM.

That should be a good indicator.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just wondering but isn't talking about other MMO's here on these forums against forum rules? I know of several threads GM's closed just because someone mentioned something about one of the asian PW servers.

I'm just saying . . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    IMO, this game is a grind fest. There are 2 types of quests:
    1. kill xx monsters
    2. fetch & return

However, there is considerable variety within those 2 categories. And the character customization is excellent, and very addictive. PvP adds a whole other element to the game. And when you reach the higher levels, Territory Wars become yet another option.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    IMO, this game is a grind fest. There are 2 types of quests:
    1. kill xx monsters
    2. fetch & return

However, there is considerable variety within those 2 categories. And the character customization is excellent, and very addictive. PvP adds a whole other element to the game. And when you reach the higher levels, Territory Wars become yet another option.

The grind fest part has its pros and cons. The grinding allowes you to get drops/cash that you need to make your character stronger by upgrading skills and gear.

At the same time, it allows you not to finish the game right away.

As mentioned above, you can buy the exps and level up right away.

The daily quests are good since a working person does not have many hours available, you still level good by doing your daily quests and grinding a bit everyday.

However, if you have 8 hrs available to play everyday and have no cash to invest in the game, you might not like the grinding part at upper levels (50+)
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    IBTL

for those who don't know what that means it is 'In Before The Lock'

~S
  • Javanx - Lost City
    Javanx - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thank you all for your input and i have already started a Cleric on the Lost city Realm. Will let you know how i get on most likely in a new thread since this one will probley be locked b:laugh