same lvl bosses if thats possible. ty comments are appreciated
Post edited by reverie04 on

Comments

• blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    reverie04 wrote: »
    hey there i have a question, i dont think im gonna get a herc so the nxt best

thing i could do is buff my golem and i was wondering which is a better

defense skill to learn strong or tough. how long do they last and their

cooldown. and most important are they worth it? I want to be able to handle

same lvl bosses if thats possible. ty comments are appreciated

Strong skill scroll will be insanely expensive if someone is lucky enough to find one. Your best bet would be to just teach it tough.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you can afford Strong, you can afford a Herc. Go with Tough for now b:victory
  • reverie04
    reverie04 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    when is strong available to you or which monster drops from it? i just found

out tough has a 60 sec cooldown and doesnt seem too viable in boss fights
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    reverie04 wrote: »
    when is strong available to you or which monster drops from it? i just found

out tough has a 60 sec cooldown and doesnt seem too viable in boss fights

Strong is a drop from the Dragon Temple raider event. I've heard of, but not personally seen, a handful of them for sale for 15mil+. It's not much further to the herc.....

With Tough on bosses, alternate it with Threaten. Threaten -> Tough -> Threaten and you only have a few seconds in between each without some sort of DR.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Strong is a drop from the Dragon Temple raider event. I've heard of, but not personally seen, a handful of them for sale for 15mil+. It's not much further to the herc.....

With Tough on bosses, alternate it with Threaten. Threaten -> Tough -> Threaten and you only have a few seconds in between each without some sort of DR.

Ahh...wow. Prices are always so wierd in this game. So for 15m you would get lvl 1 strong on a golem, but save about 5m more and you can get a herc with lvl 5 strong, reflect, and protect. b:shocked

I always wondered why noone ever said anything about putting herc skills on a golem. LoL
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Tough lasts 15 seconds, so How long does Threaten last?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Tough lasts 15 seconds, so How long does Threaten last?

15 also, but only a 30 cooldown.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ahh...wow. Prices are always so wierd in this game. So for 15m you would get lvl 1 strong on a golem, but save about 5m more and you can get a herc with lvl 5 strong, reflect, and protect. b:shocked

I always wondered why noone ever said anything about putting herc skills on a golem. LoL

Careful what you read into "heard of" prices. A lot of times people will put stuff on auction asking for ridiculous prices. e.g. I've seen someone put a level 20 shadou cub on auction for 3 million. Obviously nobody bid on it, but people see those prices and sometimes assume that's what they're worth. Same thing with a Misty Forest Ring mold. I saw it (I assume it was the same one since the new ones showed up soon after the previous one expired) listed at 10 mil, then 9 mil, then 8.5 mil, then 8 mil, then 7.5 mil.

I've never seen Strong on auction so I don't know if this is the case for it and 15 mil. But I've seen Protect (the mdef partner to Strong) bought by a speculator at just over 1 mil, and immediately re-listed for 3 mil with no buyers. Last I saw it had been lowered to 2.5 mil. Reflect showed up yesterday at 2.15 mil with no bidders.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Careful what you read into "heard of" prices. A lot of times people will put stuff on auction asking for ridiculous prices. e.g. I've seen someone put a level 20 shadou cub on auction for 3 million. Obviously nobody bid on it, but people see those prices and sometimes assume that's what they're worth. Same thing with a Misty Forest Ring mold. I saw it (I assume it was the same one since the new ones showed up soon after the previous one expired) listed at 10 mil, then 9 mil, then 8.5 mil, then 8 mil, then 7.5 mil.

I've never seen Strong on auction so I don't know if this is the case for it and 15 mil. But I've seen Protect (the mdef partner to Strong) bought by a speculator at just over 1 mil, and immediately re-listed for 3 mil with no buyers. Last I saw it had been lowered to 2.5 mil. Reflect showed up yesterday at 2.15 mil with no bidders.

Can the 200k upgrade scrolls from npc be used to level up those skills? If yes, it'd actually be a good idea, considering golem eats water and has higher base stats.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Can the 200k upgrade scrolls from npc be used to level up those skills? If yes, it'd actually be a good idea, considering golem eats water and has higher base stats.

Yes, the level up scrolls can be used on those skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes, the level up scrolls can be used on those skills.

So you can make a pet stronger than Herc for less? Hmm...b:thanks
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Golem does not have higher base stats. Not by a long shot.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited March 2009
    Options

I must have remembered wrong then. There was a chart from somewhere that compares it. Can't remember where it was now...b:shutup
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well here is my chart I made back when I was around level 75. The only thing a golem has on a hercules is attack power.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1245402&postcount=12
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited March 2009
    Options

The Golem has a higher base attack, and it's PDef is lower by about 200ish, but because the Herc has a higher attack speed, it will have about 200 more DPS, but the Golem will do more damage with Bash than a Herc would by about 1100.

Think of it this way:

The Herc is what you get if you take the Level 5 Abysmal Tutle out of the water and give it slightly higher Accuracy, faster attack speed and more HP.

I'm serious, that is exactly what a Herc is: a turtle that can run around on land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The Golem has a higher base attack, and it's PDef is lower by about 200ish, but because the Herc has a higher attack speed, it will have about 200 more DPS, but the Golem will do more damage with Bash than a Herc would by about 1100.

Think of it this way:

The Herc is what you get if you take the Level 5 Abysmal Tutle out of the water and give it slightly higher Accuracy, faster attack speed and more HP.

I'm serious, that is exactly what a Herc is: a turtle that can run around on land.

Water only turtle makes no sense. Turtles should be able to go on land.b:chuckle
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Water only turtle makes no sense. Turtles should be able to go on land.b:chuckle

Tutles = water

Tortoises = land

yes, there is a "tortoise" in the game, but it's really a mis-named turtle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]