gerto Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
Hi everyone

I play character with name TiaTia 25 level Cleric with Stats
Str:26
Vit:20
Mag:73
Dex:26

Skills: Offensive - max., healing skills and buffs - some levels, Revive 1. Plume Shield 2.

Before you begin to wonder about the stats and skills and the rest, here is my explanation:

I play for FUN
I want to wear light armor (I know the CONs)
I want to support others, but be able to survive alone in the fight
As I already said i play for fun and my goal is not to climb the levels very fast but to be able walk the country and see and try lots of things.

I read heaps of inforamtion about FAC, FSC and Hybrid clerics on this forum, but very few about light armour build (except maybe that it is for PVP on 80+ levels)
So here are my questions:

What do you thing about this build? I will be gratefull for any tips.

Do you know some people/clans with similar goals as mine? (I'm looking for some people to jump from cliff to the Lake of no worries with me, just for fun)

Are squads for random mobs killing allways such chaos? I have no problem with it, but i don't get the meaning of squad which right after I buff, them everybody run in different direction and begins to kill. It is damn hard hard to support them. On which level will i see some organised structure? Like Tank and Damager/s and Healer/s and Supporter/s? I only saw it once on my lvl 19fb. Thanks Vienna and ohers for all your help.

What do you think about the idea to let my caracter die a few times to stay the same level and accumulate the spirit points?

See You
Post edited by gerto on

Comments

• Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you wanna wear Light Armors that match your lvl then there is only one build for you: 1str, 1dex, 3mag each lvl - that's it, no more, no less.
    With that buld you have you're already doomed to wear Light Armors that are lower lvl thus you'll have really hard time in everything you do.

My advice: gather money and get a reset scroll to reset your vit meanwhile use robes and follow a robed based build like... 1 str 9 mag every 2 lvls or 1str 2vit 7mag every 2 lvls.

For both builds you need a reset scroll: LA: reset your vit. Robed: reset your dex if you want the best out of your char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is what I think about a LA Cleric (I have the same opinion)
    (Keep in mind for LA your str and dex needs to be equal)
    I personally would not use this build until higher level.

Next: Squads can be chaos, it depends on the people. If it is for random mobs and such I would not completely stress about it. Especially because if they are going to be dumb about going off out of your healing range then let them. You could also just talk to them before you buff....In terms of what level..lol..there are still a lot of high levels that go crazy in a squad. The worst is when they do it in an fb. It is something that you are going to have to deal with on occasion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    People usually only follow organized structure only when they have to, in other words, only in dungeons. There's also Zhen party grind, but that's something else, and you won't be taking advantage of that exploit for a long time.

As for the build, it's not a good idea to both get LA and pumping points into vit, if you want to use up-to-date weapons for your level.

I understand that you're trying to make a non-competitive build that's easy and fun to play. But a build like that would actually be harder to play, and probably not as fun.
  • gerto
    edited March 2009
    Hallo
    Thank you for your oppinions. Especialy the one from Mikel_oru is very interesting. I know that for Light Armor build You need to put 6 Mag, 2 Str and 2 Dex every 2 levels and my current build is not after this specifiacations, but should I really take such drastic way and restat the vitality?

I looked in PW items database and light armors are for every 10 levels (except few) Is it very bad to wear 20 lvl armor up to the level 32? Does it make game to hard?

Is it bad idea to add more Str and Dex in next few levels so the Vitality will stay 20 but he Mag will be 20 points lower than standard light armor build (6 Mag, 2 Str, 2 Dex) on the same level?

See You
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Light armour Is generally a poor choice, yes I admit I hit getting hit 900 by sacraficial physical mobs and dying before I even realize b:laugh
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Magic is the most important stat for a cleric--it raises our attack and heal power, and magic defense. It's definitely not a good idea to have mag 20 points lower than what is expected in a light armour build, especially since light armour build allows for the least amount of points in magic out of the standard cleric builds. You won't be able to equip a weapon that's your level, and you won't be able to wear the armour that's at your level because of the points in vit. If you want to go light, you'll have to get rid of those points. If you want to wear arcane armor, buy a reset note and put all the points you have in dex right now into magic.
  • gerto
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for your advices. And Rillien i enjoyed Your forum tread about LA cleric build very much. I will restat the Vit as I want to stay full LA clerik.
    Till now I had no problem soloing my quests (except 19fb), but I'm curious what will the extra mag from vitality do.
  • ThunderFlyte - Lost City
    ThunderFlyte - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Everyone I know that had a LA build, got reset scrolls and switched to Full Arcane between 50 and 70. LA dosen't deal enough damage, or buff well enough (because of the low damage) to be effective.