Ventrilo Voice Chat for PWI

EvilKman - Lost City
EvilKman - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Off-Topic Discussion
The server is still ONLINE as of 6/17/11. It is, however, under new ownership. So please, do not email me with questions as I no longer own this server.

Login and join the crowd! Or join a private channel with a few friends! Enjoy!

----ORIGINAL POST----

After obtaining permission from Perfect World Entertainment, I am now hosting an UNofficial Perfect World International Ventrilo Voice Server.

The Ventrilo server is hosted by a professional Ventrilo hosting company with 99.9% uptime, 24/7 service.

UserName: Please use your PWI character name
Hostname: terbium.typefrag.com (or input IP: 69.12.105.168 )
Port Num.: 57495

Note: If you get a message saying you entered an incorrect password, this means that your login name is being used by a ventrilo authenticated member. Change your ventrilo username to a different name, then try to login, and you should be fine

[URL="ventrilo://terbium.typefrag.com:57495/servername=Perfect%20World%20Intl%20Ventrilo"]Or just click here to connect if Ventrilo is installed[/URL]

If you do not have a microphone, you are more than welcome to connect to the Ventrilo Server just to listen.

If you would like a private channel set up for your guild, please, contact me (EvilKman) or nNeMiSiZz on Ventrilo.

Please do not send me a private message, or respond to this post asking me questions. I do not get email notifications on private messages, or forum replies on this forum, thanks!

(best way of contact is to E-mail me. My email address can be found once you login to ventrilo)

Rules:

- Do not flame, harass, or use racial and/or sexual comments against other users.
- Please refrain from swearing in the public channels.
- Do not spam annoying audio, meaning random ambient noises or music in public channels.
- Do not impersonate an admin.
- Do not flood the Ventrilo server with multiple client copies.
- Please have fun.
- DO NOT impersonate a server admin, or PWI GM. Server admins will have an [Admin] tag, which can be turned off by right clicking ventrilo ---> View --> Rank (eg. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/kvnhmmd/Perfect%20World/ventrilo5.jpg ) If a GM does decide to log in, their tag will be [GM]

Please report anyone who violates these rules by right-clicking their username, go to "Lodge Complaint About" Type in the complaint, and hit Send. When an Admin sees this, the situation will be dealt with.

Download Ventrilo 32-bit

or

Download Ventrilo 64-bit

Once ventrilo is installed and opened, please follow the step by step pictures to setup the PWI Ventrilo server:

Step 1: Create User Account
ventrilo1.jpg

Step 2: [URL="ventrilo://terbium.typefrag.com:57495/servername=Perfect%20World%20Intl%20Ventrilo"]Click Here to login[/URL]
(if the link doesn't work, continue with step 3)

Step 3: Setup PWI Server Profile
ventrilo2.jpg

Step 4: Setup PWI Server Details
ventrilo3.jpg

Step 5: Connect!
ventrilo4.jpg

Questions? Comments? Did I miss any details? Did I make a mistake? Contact me via ventrilo.

Please do not send me a private message, or respond to this post asking me questions. I do not get email notifications on private messages, or forum replies on this forum, thanks!
Post edited by EvilKman - Lost City on

Comments

• DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No ty kinda fails cuz anyone that actually has friends n wants to use vent..will go to there own channel..ect..vent cant hold a mass ammount of ppl in 1 room so youd have people seperated n rooms will be full constantly it wont be any fun n prob owuldnt in the first place
  • xnysomx
    xnysomx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hey this is nNeMeSiZz.

Great post, Kman. If anyone needs a new channel for their guild made, or if anyone needs anything at all, please feel free to consult me on vent, or any other ReActioN guild member. We'll be glad to help you out!
  • EvilKman - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    No ty kinda fails cuz anyone that actually has friends n wants to use vent..will go to there own channel..ect..vent cant hold a mass ammount of ppl in 1 room so youd have people seperated n rooms will be full constantly it wont be any fun n prob owuldnt in the first place

Ventrilo can have an unlimited amount of users per channel, as long as you do not go over the maximum client cap that you paid for. There is an option, however to limit the amount of people in a specific channel, which you may have experienced.

Yes, there are people who live in their own guild channel, and that is fine. You may use the ventrilo server however you choose to, just as long as it does not interfere with other users.

Some users like to stay in the public channels, and talk to whoever is up there just to have a casual conversation.

Either way, the point of the server is so others who find it easier to use voice chat while playing the game benefit, and possibly have a more enjoyable experience while playing Perfect World.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The one I go to is sometimes dead, so I'm in, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvilKman - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Bumping this thread back up. There is an average of 30-40 users on at one time. Join in if you want.

The maximum clients has almost been doubled from 40 users to 75 using the money out of my own pocket.

Current server status: http://www.ventrilo.com/status.php?hostname=terbium.typefrag.com&port=57495

I might up the maximum slots to 100 if needed, but since I'm not rich, anything after that will require donations which can be made here: http://tinyurl.com/PWIVentriloDonations

Hop in and join the fun!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    are there any costs on using ventrilo?
  • EvilKman - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    are there any costs on using ventrilo?

Ventrilo is free to use.

There is a cost to rent/host a ventrilo server. I already paid for this ventrilo server.

Basically, I pay, you use it for free. Sound like a good deal?
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    how many space?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nice idea dude. Good for those who are tired of playing solo, and looking for someone to talk to. Me, myself? I use skype with my closest friends, and Teamspeak with my guild. But I commend you on your efforts here. Nice work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ventrilo is free to use.

There is a cost to rent/host a ventrilo server. I already paid for this ventrilo server.

Basically, I pay, you use it for free. Sound like a good deal?

That sounds like a great deal to me. I will try it tonight. Thx
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    great... will this work with the old vent? 2.3.0??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvilKman - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    great... will this work with the old vent? 2.3.0??

no, only 3.0 and above.

2.3 is an old unsecured version, and can easily be flooded with bots and commands. you can install both versions, and open them both at the same time by using the -m parameter in the shorcut, however

http://www.google.com/search?q=ventrilo+multiple+clients
  • Neferiti - Sanctuary
    Neferiti - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is nice, vent is always a relaxing way to know the people around and things about the game. I'll be there for sure
  • azndangster
    azndangster Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i can't talk while the game window is up on my comp screen. I can hear other players but i cant talk to them. Help!
  • Ezriel - Harshlands
    Ezriel - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What i want to know is why a Gm locked my thread when i did this.
    I have / own a 1000 man vent server, and he locked the thread when i tried to make a universe vent for pwi.

I call bs, and biest.
    Gm should be punshed or should lock this thread, imo. cant play fav's with customers, its a good way to get sued.
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yes but he said it has been tried in the past. This is one of the past tries Brought back by Foul Necromancy. Hmm wonders if this server is still up. Will check it out tomorrow to see.
  • EvilKman - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    This ventrilo voice chat server is still alive and kickin'

Feel free to hop on whenever!

I have no plans to take it down, and is paid for until sometime in the year 2010, after which, I will renew the server subscription, and extend it another year.

----

@ Ezriel - Harshlands

I requested permission via email to post about this ventrilo server. Possibly your post broke forum regulations? (language, flaming, etc)
    Or the forum rules have changed, and this post has been "Grandfathered in"

ORIGINAL MESSAGE: 2-13-2009

I noticed Perfect World International has no official/unofficial Ventrilo server.

I am willing to share my ventrilo server with the entire Perfect World community.

I am asking permission to advertise this UNOFFICIAL Perfect World International Ventrilo server on the community forums.

Thank you.

[removed]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    HT has a channel called Pedophiles with a room called Orgies. To be fair, the spelling is a bit off since it's written in a Slavic language, from Balkan probably but still.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds that rather disturbing.
    b:dirty
  • plaything
    plaything Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i can't talk while the game window is up on my comp screen. I can hear other players but i cant talk to them. Help!
    You are most likely using Vista then. If that is the case, right-click the icon and hit "Run as administrator". Or go to properties and make it run as administrator automatically. (Or however it is you get something to run it as admin right off the bat.)
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What i want to know is why a Gm locked my thread when i did this.
    I have / own a 1000 man vent server, and he locked the thread when i tried to make a universe vent for pwi.

I call bs, and biest.
    Gm should be punshed or should lock this thread, imo. cant play fav's with customers, its a good way to get sued.

Well, if I had to guess, I'd say it has to do with the fact that in the first post the user said they got permission from Perfect World Entertainment. Did you have permission from Perfect World Entertainment?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    moving this to off topic. This is a necro topic, but I see that it's been active in the past month
  • Meeeowwwwww - Lost City
    Meeeowwwwww - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    <3 Kman <3 Kman <3 Kman

XD I am always on this vent o.o :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you need me, just Meeeeoowwwwwww!
    b:dirty
  • SweetVamp - Harshlands
    SweetVamp - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i came in and all i saw was wow players >.< ill try again
  • Kotorii - Harshlands
    Kotorii - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ESCUSE ME, Im Kotorii from the Harshlands server as you can see and I wanted to let you guys know why do I keep getting kicked from the server?? It's not my first time logging in, and I don't log on often. I happened to log in today when someone was spamming the hell out of vent. I just wanted to make it clear that it is not me! b:sad I just wanted to log in and talk to others who also play PWI while the servers were under maintnence and about upcoming thing that were being added to the game. I don't like the way I am being treated here. So whoever's in charge please PM me or something so I can know whats up.
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wop wop we are on b:victory

EDIT : woops, nerco, I`m sorry b:surrender
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    way to go Grim *facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • bornofscream
    bornofscream Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I just hopped on, It's so dead in there right now, but that's probably because it's 5:00AM my time. b:surrender
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    or it could be because the last post was from 2010 and the vent server is offically dead. just my guess though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • EvilKman - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    or it could be because the last post was from 2010 and the vent server is offically dead. just my guess though.

Hi, I'm the original poster on this thread.

This ventrilo server is still ONLINE!

The new owner is doing a great job at inviting new users, so the server is hopping and bopping again! Join the fun!