Attribute Point Allocation

Taurzo - Lost City
Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
I was wondering how point allocation effects a Wizard. I know that for every 1 point added to MAG your MP get +14. And i've been hearing for every 20 points in DEX you an addition +1%crit bonus. Is there like a list or something I could look out to give me a detailed list of what all the effects are for the points added to these attributes?

PLZ help ^^
Post edited by Taurzo - Lost City on

Comments

• Yuvorok - Sanctuary
    Yuvorok - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    These points are very vidal in creation of a wizard or anyone. The fact of the matter is, it's how you wanna use it. Are you going pure? Are you going Light? Are you going Hybrid? My suggestion to you is that you decide on one thing and stick close by it. I'm a Light Armored Wiz myself and it's easy really. 3 points mag 1 point str and 1 point dex every lvl. Don't know if you set the right dex or str? Well, you are lvl 55 so if you were to go LA it's your lvl +4. What does this mean? 59 str and 59 dex to put it quite simply. If you are going pure that's easy too. 4 points magic and 1 point str every lvl. If you decide on LA respond to the thread and ask any questions you may have. Or even pure cause I've been both and I have some expierence. I'm sure other wizards will too bro.
  • Yuvorok - Sanctuary
    Yuvorok - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In my adventures as a Pure mage wizard, I was dealing about 9,000 something with divine pyro. I'm am now dealing at lvl 75 8,950 on most occasions. For every str point you get some added phy def. Mine is currently at, (stone barrier buff only) 4498. Any more questions feel free to ask cause I'm probably not getting your point lol.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just make sure you have at least enough Magic to equip the latest magic weapon of your choosing, or you will have problems with killing mobs efficiently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Well Yuvorok , I've been both a Pure and a LA wiz (currently LA) and I see pros and cons to both sides. However, I'm wanting to know not how many points to put into my character every level but what the points actually do. 1 point in MAG gives an additional 14mp ; is there any additional effect to adding 1 point in MAG? What if I add 5, 10, or even 20 points in MAG are there any additional effect beside the gain of 14 MP per point? 1 Point in VIT gives you +10 HP, etc.. etc..

What I'm really trying to get at is how much difference in MAG attack power is there between a lvl 75 PURE Wizard and lvl 75 LA Wizard? Won't a LA wizard always lose to a PURE wizard of equal level? Are there ways around this? I calculated and the Pure Wizards will have approx. 130-180 more points in there MAG at lvl 100. Don't Pures (because of their tremendous MAG attack bonus) end up becoming the better selection in the long run b/c they can wipe out practically anyone swiftly?

BTW. You've been both but your on a PvE server; do you have PvP experience?
  • Dunno - Dreamweaver
    Dunno - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Fast google: http://kazzworldonline.blogspot.com/2007/04/perfect-world-skill-attributes_11.html

That has starting stats and stat of each attribute increase. Format is bad, but it can be figured out.

Now that you have stats, fire up excel and do the math. Should answer your question.

Seems like that doesn't have all effects. It's clear that str and int increases dmg on spcific weapons, but there's no indication what it is. I Dunno
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    LOL well any info helps ^^ thanks man
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well Yuvorok , I've been both a Pure and a LA wiz (currently LA) and I see pros and cons to both sides. However, I'm wanting to know not how many points to put into my character every level but what the points actually do. 1 point in MAG gives an additional 14mp ; is there any additional effect to adding 1 point in MAG? What if I add 5, 10, or even 20 points in MAG are there any additional effect beside the gain of 14 MP per point? 1 Point in VIT gives you +10 HP, etc.. etc..

What I'm really trying to get at is how much difference in MAG attack power is there between a lvl 75 PURE Wizard and lvl 75 LA Wizard? Won't a LA wizard always lose to a PURE wizard of equal level? Are there ways around this? I calculated and the Pure Wizards will have approx. 130-180 more points in there MAG at lvl 100. Don't Pures (because of their tremendous MAG attack bonus) end up becoming the better selection in the long run b/c they can wipe out practically anyone swiftly?

BTW. You've been both but your on a PvE server; do you have PvP experience?

400 MAG, 50 Str and 50 Vit at L100 with grade 16 weapon (+12) without buff. You damage is 18K-26K depending on add on from armor, item etc. With up to -90 channeling, you deal 10-20K per hit per sec. Practically one shoot anyone below +5
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    doremi12 wrote: »
    400 MAG, 50 Str and 50 Vit at L100 with grade 16 weapon (+12) without buff. You damage is 18K-26K depending on add on from armor, item etc. With up to -90 channeling, you deal 10-20K per hit per sec. Practically one shoot anyone below +5

Is this for LA build or Pure?
This discussion has been closed.