Lvl 3/4 Dragon Order Quest

tomnguyen
tomnguyen Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
What do you get from that quest anyway? Is it worth doing?
Post edited by tomnguyen on

Comments

• vaelin
    vaelin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    tomnguyen wrote: »
    What do you get from that quest anyway? Is it worth doing?

Well, I just finished getting my 3rd Copper Dragon Order for the Level 4 Dragon Order quest and the reward is a choice between a Dragon Scale Chest, Dragon Horn Chest and a Dragon Antenna Chest.

I haven't chosen yet because I'd like to have some idea of what the differences are between the chest types first. I assume each different chest has a random item(s) of a type or type range that is specific to their chest types and after all the money it cost me just to get 3 Copper Dragon Orders (between what DQ items I had to buy and all the teleporting fees) I'd hate to choose something that isn't useful to my class or overlook a choice that I might have prefered had I known better lol

I've searched the web but have found absolutely no info and the only thing I can think of is that I need to be searching with different terms as may be used with versions of the game other than the "International" one so, if anyone has any insight please feel free to speak up lol
  • Vaelin - Heavens Tear
    Vaelin - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ok, I went ahead and turned in my 3 Copper Dragon Orders for the quest and my reward was ..............wait for it..............a book you click on that gives you a WHOPPING 900 coins, 1500 exp and 300 spirit...............NO, I'm NOT kidding!!!

With all the expenses of DQ items and teleport costs not to mention TIME for EACH run, not to mention doing it three times to get the needed three Copper Dragon Orders, I was expecting some random 3-Star item if nothing else but the quest reward you actually GET is....well....it's just an INSULT, plain and simple!

So, to answer your question, and for anyone else that may be considering doing this quest, DON'T DO IT!!! Stay away from this one unless you actually WANT to waste time, money and effort for a HUGE disappointment for a reward!

Quite frankly, I'm very disapointed in PW for this kind of rewards system and I honestly thought they could do better than this but, I suppose I can't complain too much for a free game though things like this make it more and more likely they won't be getting any of my money for "Zen" or possible future subscription fees....just way too much effort and money vs reward with stuff like this...
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    the DQ's are mainly done for exp. u shouldnt do them for nice items unless ur high lvl enough, but at that point u should be able to buy dragon orders from other players.

i assume the one u did was the random raffle since it was the only one i saw for 3 copper orders, which meant u had a 'chance' at getting some nice items, u didnt, so u were unlucky. dont ask me whats possible to obtain, im still new >_<
  • dackmonster
    dackmonster Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    how can you get copper
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I picked the Dragon Antenna Case..............

.....I got 5 Monkey King Pill...a monkey head mask >.>

LFMAO..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    check pwdatabase , those raffles with low amounts seem to have been all trash, was a topic had listed quest drops in it while ago
  • thorschariot
    thorschariot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I got the Dragon Horn Case and it gave me 1 autentic works II
  • Lithandrys - Heavens Tear
    Lithandrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wow. That really sucks you guys. I'm lucky enough that I decided to check the forums first before I turned in the level 3 and 4 dragon orders. The reward system is frustrating... especially for silly ones that land you with nothing more than a bunch of monkey pills. I spent 7 hours running around to get 3 copper dragon orders...I would have been pretty upset if not for your helpful posts of enlightenment. Thanks for sharing the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If all else fails, look cute....and then run like hell.
  • Rockstare - Heavens Tear
    Rockstare - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah,

thanks for your hard work to get this information here, you just saved me 3 copper dragon coins for better use!!!

Thanks!

Has anyone actually got anything usefull?
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have been saving my dragon orders so I can get myself a horsie.

I might eventually use my extras on raffles, if I can not sell them easily?
  • Egowoman - Lost City
    Egowoman - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The Dragon Quest gives you a huge amount of EXP after running around from one end of the map to the other. The rewards like the monkey pills etc. are not what this quest is really about.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The Dragon Quest gives you a huge amount of EXP after running around from one end of the map to the other. The rewards like the monkey pills etc. are not what this quest is really about.

Considering the time investment it's far from a "huge" amount of exp. I can grind the same exp unscrolled in half the time, unless I want to teleport to every location. The advantage it has, imo, is you can grind in short bursts for the items rather than just for hours on end.
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah,

thanks for your hard work to get this information here, you just saved me 3 copper dragon coins for better use!!!

Thanks!

Has anyone actually got anything usefull?

Most people who do dq do it for the exp. Other people are collecting to get things. You can save up dragon orders for a white horse, a white glowing horse, or a purple glowing horse. You can also get various molds. You can trade for a badge of wisdom too, I believe.
  • Clakin_woo - Harshlands
    Clakin_woo - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    vaelin is not kiding i got a weapon and i cant use it be cause its for a diferent class so dont do it unless you like to wast time.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree with whoever said its better to do this at higher levels, mostly because the EXP reward is better. I myself have been doing DQ for a while, simply because of the Dragon Orders. At my level (not sure when you get the chance for it) we get the chance for Gold Dragon Orders as well as the normal Silver ones.

I'm trying to work up to the Swift Whitewind, I know I could make it easier on myself and buy the dragon orders, but it gives me something to do to pass the time when I grind b:chuckle Cause then I have something to aim for.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There are some really good molds I can get out for those orders and now am planning to start doing them. Pretty sure its gonna take me a while but i guess the mold is worth it since you cant get it any other way b:cry
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dont necro please
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't know if this is a old topic but to answer the OP... Dragon Quests get better and better. Most Archers and Assassins will want the lv.60 bracers of blood they can provide, because it is -interval. The lv.87 Dark Spirit Rings are -6% channel, +magic, and +vitality and rival the very expensive cashopshop rings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    When you post in a thread that has been inactive for more than a month it is considered necromancy, and that is against the forum rules.

If you see an inactive subject that appeals to you, please create a new thread rather than "necroing" an old one b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.